It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death of White Supremacy: 95 yrs ago TutanKhamun tomb was first opened by Archaeologists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

1. KV62 was breached in ancient times, but only the antechamber and the outermost shrine in the burial chamber.

2. The Egyptians used bitumen in the mummification process, which is why Egyptians mummies are black.
edit on 11/27/2017 by Lurker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Still ignoring everything that counters your “King Tut was a black man” I see.

It’s a shame some are so closed minded that they don’t have the ability to learn.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

With all respect,

The thread is not about how to profile people to decide if they match with sheriff Joe Arpayo or Governor George Wallace standards of what is American, is about ancient preCananean, preHitite, preHellenistic, preRoman, and therefore preArabic Egypt.

The hair of the wife of Tutankhamen portrayed in his throne found in the same tomb shows the typical texture of the hair in black people. In that same scene the artist took good care to paint the skin of the Pharaoh and his wife extremely in dark Cinnamon tone, darker that anything that can be considered Caucasian, including Semitic of course.

Pls check
tutankhamunsworld101.weebly.com...

That Cinnamon color for the artistic depiction of the Pharaoh in the Golden throne is not unique, there are a lot of wall paintings in many tombs in egypt consistent with it, it contrasts completely with the pale olive you brought in that ludicrous computer reconstruction.

The Golden throne taken from his very tomb debunk completely the hypothesis that he was white or olive skinned, objectively he couldn't be other than cinnamon black skinned.

Pls Check
www.touregypt.net...

I don't need an European or American computer program to tell me a different story, I trust the portrait by his personal artist.

Now, Anwar Sadat was partially balding, but the hair he still had om his temporal bones was very dark and curled, if you check his pictures being young he was absolutely not blond, and he was never blue, gray or green eyed, and is course his skin tone was the same Cinnamon dark Nilotic type.

You can continue living in your own personal universe where all civization was Caucasian if you want or think that ancient Egyptians looked as George Washington or Thomas Jefferson, the freemasons father founders of America.

I believe this is the forum of lost real civilizations of the past, not of psychology issues, like xenophobia, or people in need to identify themselves with the explendor of civilizations they do not have connection what so ever at all and how to treat them clinically with all respect.

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 11/27/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light

You can continue living in your own personal universe where all civization was Caucasian if you want or think that ancient Egyptians looked as George Washington or Thomas Jefferson, the freemasons father founders of America.

No thinking person believes this anymore than he/she would believe the Piltdown Man hoax invalidates all of European archeology in perpetuity or that there are ”thick lips as only can be found in Black people".

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Still ignoring everything that counters your “King Tut was a black man” I see.

It’s a shame some are so closed minded that they don’t have the ability to learn.

Well as for pigmentation, couple of studies done, by Germans some yes back, mummies from the area area around Thebes of the melanin content on the epidermis cells found them to be consistent with those of their word(Negroid populations) of inner Africa..keep in mind that's the bulk of the population lived before a shift to the Mediterranean.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

So you will continue to ignore it.

Thanks for clarifying that (in a multi paragraph rant).

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

not according to this study
which pushes the out of east Africa theory back further and to the European continent

balkans find challenges out of africa theory

science daily - 7.2 million year old remains

fossil footprints

I mean your happy to have science support the theory where it shows modern humans arriving out of africa and starting civilisation there
but when the same science shows the moderrn humans earlier in regions where they would most definitely have the melanin mutation for white pigmentation you arent happy to accept it ?

seems that way to me

or have I completely misunderstood your OP
as it seems that is all you are trying to prove
edit on 27-11-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Some. Not all. And not King Tut.

Everything points to him looking more of a light brown/tanned coloured person. The OP is hung up on the skin looking black, but fails to understand the mummies were covered in bitumen, which would alter the skin colour.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I have a book written called the cult of the immortal , which explains the mummification process in detail and was given to my uncle by his friend who was an Egyptian embalmer

and it states in the book that bitumen darkens the mummified person

Cult of the Immortal

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

You don't know that, but given his wider STR which connects not just. Him but his entire family, to the great lakes region I say more than likely.

But brown or black could be in the eyes of the beholder. all sub Saharan Africans are not uniformly pitch black, like the Nilo Saharans tend to be
edit on 27-11-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I didn’t say I did

I said everything points to him being a lighter brown/tanned colour.

The OP seems to think I’m saying white, which I’m clearly not.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
a reply to: peter vlar

Unfortunately there are No longer books on Eurocentrism in libraries by now, that possibly you can also recommend me to read.

Nice straw man. Nobody iscaiming he was European looking. His genetics clearly indicate familial origins in the Levant. That's not Europe, it's quite close to Egypt and the people of the Levant and the rest of the Mediterranean have similar phenotype.

They were retired many decades ago when the Pitdown Man was found to be one of the most embarrassing frauds ever found on human evolution, the worst scandal ever for the British Museum.

I don't know what a known hoax, which btw was immediately suspect by Anthropologists and proven a fraud by who? Oh more anthropoloists. Again, another strawman and not at all addressing the flaws in logic where you ignore the science.

Is it so much difficult for you to accept what the logic dictates in cultural evolution?

Not at al. My background is in anthropology. I just happen to know what I'm talking about and you're basing your opinion on the artistic license of a funerary mask.

If the human specie appeared first time in Africa, either as Austrolopitecus in South Africa or as a Homo abilis in Etyopia, it is reasonable to have the first civilization in that same continent.

Yet the first Civilization wasn't in africa, it was Mesopotamia.

You are the one here concluding against the facts, the funerary mask as well as the sarcofagus show clearly thick lips as only can be found in Black people, so ample base of the nose, bulky chicks, so dark eyes.

Yet the physical remains and the genetics tell a very different tale. You're ignoring actual scientific evidence in favor of artistic license.

Nilotic dark skinned people were the first inhabitants of Egypt, any ethnographist can explain you that. Anwar El Sadat was very representative of that group, and if he would be alive he should not find ludicrous your absurd try to take away of him his Epyptian passport.

Could you provide a citation to support that? Everything I've seen indicated the closest that Niloticpeople were to efypt is Soutgern Sudan. The Nile is quite a long river and Nilotic doesn't represent every ethnographic group living near the Nile. It represents a specific ethnography at a specific part of the Nile.

You continue to make baseless claims, do not support them with anything resembling a citation and then dwell in a catacomb of willful ignorance by completely ignoring all facts based in recent scientific research in order to continue this tirade that the Egyptian royalty from 3000+ years ago were black as if Im pushing a Eurocentric narrative which is absolutely incorrect. If you want to base your impressions on Egyptian art, why are the Wgyptians portrayed as lighter skinned than the other African ethnicities depicted in their art? Youreninsisting on sub Saharan phenotype being present in Ancient Egypt when it just isn't the case. You are aware that ancient Africa, much like modern afrixa, was comprised of multiple phenotypic representations aren't you? You're approaching this as if Africa is some oddly homogenous continent whennit isn't and wasn't any such thing. You're doing the Ancient Egyptians a great disservice by attempting to spin their ethnicity to represent to odd ideal you want to represent. It's intellectually dishonest.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I didn’t say I did

I said everything points to him being a lighter brown/tanned colour.

The OP seems to think I’m saying white, which I’m clearly not.

OK here is where many problems could be resolved, were the ancient Egyptians, culturally, linguistically and biologically Africans.
Yes for the first two, a mostly for the 3rd, exact shade among individuals and populations is nuanced, depending when and where,

But rest assured , Egypt was not the 1st phaoronic state on the Nile, that goes to the folks of Northern Sudan and extreme Southern Egypt today commonly called Nubia.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

There has been the DNA results that showed his father was closer related to Europeans. (I’ll admit, it’s a bit sketchy and not definitive).

The only issue I have, is the OP is saying King Tut was black because of the lips on the burial mask and the colour of his skin (after being coated in bitumen and left for a few thousand years). That’s all the “evidence” he has.

It’s as bad as saying all the bog mummies must have been black (or silver) because of their skin colour now.

He also seems to think that Egypt was a closed environment. It’s just below Turkey and Africa as whole is below modern day Europe. To think there was no outside ethnicity coming in and, possibly, having an influence on colour, would be a stretch.

Was King Tut white? Not very likely.
Was he black? Again, I don’t think it’s very likely.

I think he was more the stereotypical Spaniard colour. Not white, not black, but some mix.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I am considered caucasian by society and by the NHS when I was born , my parents and grandparents are all white.
However it is noted that I had the infant birth mark known as the mongolian spot
commonly only found in peoples of Africa , south east asia , etc

I also have salo skin and thick lips and rough hair , dark brown eyes, but for the most part im considered white.

My great great great great grandmother came to the British Isles via the Spannish Armada, and was put ashore on Ireland before moving to Scotland to work as a scullery maid.

Now they told me she was celtic and I have a picture of her great grand daughter or whoever and her skin is dark i was told this is where my features come from

The point im making is that I have a genetic marker expressed as a phenotype common only to black people and asians and im white !
So its entirely possible that Tutankhamun had mixed genetic hertiage like the rest of the humans on earth you know we are not pure breeds its impossible

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

There is no people from the Levant with so dark cinnamon toned skin as it is depicted Tutanchamun and his wife in the Golden Throne found in that same tomb, to pretend to ignore such a depiction just to manufacture a case of his supposed light skin aspect using an alternative recreation of his aspect by modern technology is certainly intellectual dishonesty at its extreme.

It is also intellectual dishonesty to intentionally change on that recreation of the proportions of his nose, the base was intentionally narrowed to support the hoax, nothing to do with the proportions in his mask.

I don't need to do turns around a library to find references supporting one or other thesis about the origin of an entire nation that was very diverse ethnically, something I never have denied since I mentioned Cleopatra very in the beginning of the thread, and she was Greek ethnically, to know that this particular King of Egypt was cinnamon skinned, darker than any group that can be classified as caucasian, his portrait in that throne sufficies to clarify doubts.

It is false that I have brought here only one element to support the claim he was not olive skinned, there are many aspects I have mentioned, the features of his face in his funerary mask and in his sarcophagus for instance are very eloquent in that aspect.

Now the stereotype of Spanish people are also too much light skinned for such a cinnamon color in the skin, there are even Gypsies in Spain that look pale in comparison with the portrait of the King Tut in his golden Throne.

As somebody correctly pointed here Nubia in North Sudan preceded in History of Civilization to many dynasties of Egypt, they were already a great Kingdom by the 1500 BC, so almost five centuries before TutanKhamun, also the Kush dynasty appeared again later by 25th Dynasty that ruled over all Egypt.

Please check:
Nubian Culture of the Nile( contains 41 bibliographic references)

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 11/27/2017 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Yeah that turned out to be a bust, the dude grabbed a screen shot of a test sample of one of the lab tech's DNA and ran with it. Other geneticist and including the folks running the test poop pooed him to death, but since it went viral and true results, while widely known was not as big it still lingers.
As for how he looked I'd go with the ppl who sculpt his wooden image in a chocolatey complexion, meaning if he lived in the States, he'd have some serious problems with "racial" profiling..

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Oh, I know it’s not as simple as black and white (excuse the pun).

The point I was trying to make was, the evidence we have points more towards being a mixed ethnicity colour than a white or black person.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Do us all a favour. Post your evidence King Tut was black.

Not YouTube.
Not your opinion.
Not the colour of his DYED skin.

Actual evidence that shows conclusively King Tut was black.
edit on 27112017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

That’s the one I was on about. I did say it was sketchy lol.

Maybe he was red skinned? There are some drawings of him being coloured red

Or gold skinned? His death mask was gold

edit on 27112017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join