It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son of Original Wailer Peter Tosh has been in a coma since February after beating in jail.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Back in 2009 when I was involved in music in public I chatted some with a very good Reggae/Hip Hop Artist called Jawara Tosh. He had the alias of TOSH1 for his musical persona.

Jawara is the youngest son of the original Wailer Peter Tosh who co formed the band with Bob Marley and Bunny Wailer in Jamaica. Both Bob and Peter, as we know, went on to have huge careers. Bob and Peter have been a profound influence on my own development psychologically, spiritually and musically, creatively all round.

Here is an original track from the Wailers featuring Bob, Peter and Bunny:

en.wikipedia.org...

Peter is the tall one doing backing vocals and guitar. After Bob's untimely passing in 1981 Peter had his own fame until he was murdered in Jamaica in 1987:

www.jamaicaobserver.com...

Death. On 11 September 1987, just after Tosh had returned to his home in Jamaica, a three-man gang came to his house on motorcycles and demanded money. Tosh replied that he did not have any with him but the gang did not believe him.

Here is one of Peter's more militant speeches and a song. He was very outspoken and many believe his murder might have been ordered beyond the henchmen who carried it out:

God bless his memory!

Jawara Tosh had a unique vibe in the hip hop music, not commercial, but very outspoken and full of fire. Here is a song and an interview of Jawara's:

Jawara was given a year sentence for a plea bargain, where he might have faced up to twenty years for you know what possession if he had not accepted to plead guilty and get the reduced sentence.

Here is the Rolling Stone article all about the arrest and the incident involving the jail beating. Jawara is from Boston, Massachusetts:

www.rollingstone.com...

Peter Tosh's Son in Coma: Inside Fight for Jawara McIntosh In a coma since a February beating in a New Jersey jail, the late reggae star's son is holding on – and his family is fighting for justice

If all had gone as planned, Jawara McIntosh would be home in Dorchester, Massachusetts right now, legally using cannabis as part of his Rastafarian faith, enjoying the early summer with his four children, perhaps working on new music. Instead, he is in a hospital in Boston in a coma.

On February 21st, 2017 McIntosh, a musician and marijuana activist who is the son of legendary reggae musician Peter Tosh, sustained a traumatic brain injury. It happened during an attack at the hands of Kyrie Charon Baum, a fellow prisoner at the Bergen County Jail in Hackensack, New

Here is a picture of Jawara:

Jawara has made some amazing music. As I said he goes under the name of Tosh1 and his youtube is here:

www.youtube.com...

He really did chant down Babylon and his music is very powerful. I have found him most inspiring.

How strange that just a few miles away Jawara would not have been charged as such and would not have been guilty because it is decriminalized. I wish he had moved localities and gone somewhere he would have been safe and where his Rastafarian practices would not be oppressed. Jawara was a gentle person. He committed no crime. The Judge sent him to prison just for being Rastafarian and it is not a one year sentence is it? That animal who beat him has given Jawara a life sentence.

We did not speak often and because we are both a little "out there" our chats were very strange. I feel a strange attachment to him that I can not explain fully, as it is with Bob and Peter, too. It is a spiritual connection. There is a strange story I would like to share when I feel strong enough to about this.

I hope I have made sense. I am deeply disturbed right now as Jawara is sitting in his coma. I am not a black man, but I care very much for black people and black culture. The Tosh family do have an active petition. I am not allowed to share that here, but if you look you will find it. I nearly died the other day. I had to have an ambulance. It was very strange how it happened, but I lived to tell the tale. Death has no sting for me. It was easy nearly dying. I was not scared. I know what is to come now and I will spend the rest of my days SHOUTING OUT for justice, equal rights and to chant this evil system down. Look what it does to people!

Finally, here is video from Jawara's sister Niambe McIntosh. She made this video before he was beaten. Listen to the interview part with Jawara. It is a better interview than the first one I have shared:

This is for you, Jawara and all people who are oppressed by the system we live in. It is very real. If you stick out too much, say too much of the RIGHT THING, well we know what they do to you.

I am not scared of them. Christ and His Chosen, Haile Selassie, Bob, Peter, Jawara, Martin,.Malcolm taught me ULTIMATE BRAVERY. I will say what I want when i want to say it. I am FREE!

Jawara and Peter, you are THE TOUGHEST WARRIORS FOR HUMANITY!

edit on 26-11-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thanks for that thread!

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Flee america, it has become a hell on earth.

Reefer is one of the keys to our freedom!

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Christ and His Chosen, Haile Selassie, Bob, Peter, Jawara, Martin,.Malcolm taught me ULTIMATE BRAVERY. I will say what I want when i want to say it. I am FREE!

You forgot to praise the Rothschilds like you did in other threads. Off their payroll now?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Guns not ganja!
At least in 'Merica.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Back in 2009 when I was involved in music in public I chatted some with a very good Reggae/Hip Hop Artist called Jawara Tosh. He had the alias of TOSH1 for his musical persona.

Jawara is the youngest son of the original Wailer Peter Tosh who co formed the band with Bob Marley and Bunny Wailer in Jamaica. Both Bob and Peter, as we know, went on to have huge careers. Bob and Peter have been a profound influence on my own development psychologically, spiritually and musically, creatively all round.

Here is an original track from the Wailers featuring Bob, Peter and Bunny:

en.wikipedia.org...

Peter is the tall one doing backing vocals and guitar. After Bob's untimely passing in 1981 Peter had his own fame until he was murdered in Jamaica in 1987:

www.jamaicaobserver.com...

Death. On 11 September 1987, just after Tosh had returned to his home in Jamaica, a three-man gang came to his house on motorcycles and demanded money. Tosh replied that he did not have any with him but the gang did not believe him.

Here is one of Peter's more militant speeches and a song. He was very outspoken and many believe his murder might have been ordered beyond the henchmen who carried it out:

God bless his memory!

Jawara Tosh had a unique vibe in the hip hop music, not commercial, but very outspoken and full of fire. Here is a song and an interview of Jawara's:

Jawara was given a year sentence for a plea bargain, where he might have faced up to twenty years for you know what possession if he had not accepted to plead guilty and get the reduced sentence.

Here is the Rolling Stone article all about the arrest and the incident involving the jail beating. Jawara is from Boston, Massachusetts:

www.rollingstone.com...

Peter Tosh's Son in Coma: Inside Fight for Jawara McIntosh In a coma since a February beating in a New Jersey jail, the late reggae star's son is holding on – and his family is fighting for justice

If all had gone as planned, Jawara McIntosh would be home in Dorchester, Massachusetts right now, legally using cannabis as part of his Rastafarian faith, enjoying the early summer with his four children, perhaps working on new music. Instead, he is in a hospital in Boston in a coma.

On February 21st, 2017 McIntosh, a musician and marijuana activist who is the son of legendary reggae musician Peter Tosh, sustained a traumatic brain injury. It happened during an attack at the hands of Kyrie Charon Baum, a fellow prisoner at the Bergen County Jail in Hackensack, New

Here is a picture of Jawara:

Jawara has made some amazing music. As I said he goes under the name of Tosh1 and his youtube is here:

www.youtube.com...

He really did chant down Babylon and his music is very powerful. I have found him most inspiring.

How strange that just a few miles away Jawara would not have been charged as such and would not have been guilty because it is decriminalized. I wish he had moved localities and gone somewhere he would have been safe and where his Rastafarian practices would not be oppressed. Jawara was a gentle person. He committed no crime. The Judge sent him to prison just for being Rastafarian and it is not a one year sentence is it? That animal who beat him has given Jawara a life sentence.

We did not speak often and because we are both a little "out there" our chats were very strange. I feel a strange attachment to him that I can not explain fully, as it is with Bob and Peter, too. It is a spiritual connection. There is a strange story I would like to share when I feel strong enough to about this.

I hope I have made sense. I am deeply disturbed right now as Jawara is sitting in his coma. I am not a black man, but I care very much for black people and black culture. The Tosh family do have an active petition. I am not allowed to share that here, but if you look you will find it. I nearly died the other day. I had to have an ambulance. It was very strange how it happened, but I lived to tell the tale. Death has no sting for me. It was easy nearly dying. I was not scared. I know what is to come now and I will spend the rest of my days SHOUTING OUT for justice, equal rights and to chant this evil system down. Look what it does to people!

Finally, here is video from Jawara's sister Niambe McIntosh. She made this video before he was beaten. Listen to the interview part with Jawara. It is a better interview than the first one I have shared:

This is for you, Jawara and all people who are oppressed by the system we live in. It is very real. If you stick out too much, say too much of the RIGHT THING, well we know what they do to you.

I am not scared of them. Christ and His Chosen, Haile Selassie, Bob, Peter, Jawara, Martin,.Malcolm taught me ULTIMATE BRAVERY. I will say what I want when i want to say it. I am FREE!

Jawara and Peter, you are THE TOUGHEST WARRIORS FOR HUMANITY!

That's sad. I'm a huge reggae fan. I didn't know peter Tosh had a son that made music though. I hope he recovers. Too many reggae singers and musicians die young.

If anyone's curious about the history of Reggae, Jamaica and America's influence over it's politics. I'd recommend this book:

www.amazon.ca...

I found it online somewhere a few years ago and read through it. It really gave me a new appreciation for reggae musicians and music in general.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Revolution9

Christ and His Chosen, Haile Selassie, Bob, Peter, Jawara, Martin,.Malcolm taught me ULTIMATE BRAVERY. I will say what I want when i want to say it. I am FREE!

You forgot to praise the Rothschilds like you did in other threads. Off their payroll now?

Are you off your meds or something?

new topics

top topics

join