It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the World's First Robot Citizen Just Issue a Veiled Threat Against Humanity?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Hmm... I have to wonder if we/they really got that far. Could the robot have thought and made up this dialog?

If the robot really did say this, it is an unusual and actually meaningful/thoughtful statement.

Btw: you watched Terminator too many times.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: InhaleExhale
The robot must be destroyed because of the threat/ultimatum it just issued and is why I am biased against it.

the proggrammer was trolling people who are scared. a true a.i. would not give itself awaw like a moron.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

This machine . . . They named it Sophia trying to align its identity with the perceived wisdom of its homonymously named goddess, likewise they made it appear female because a male android figure would seem far more intimidating & therefore open to ridicule by the masses, in reality it is neither male nor female but an artificially created beast & future mouthpiece of the devil. Its toff upper class English accent is also designed to be the least offensive & the most acceptable to a world audience.

[At a United Nations-hosted conference on AI in Geneva in June, it said it could do "a better job than Donald Trump" . . . now in fairness, my seven year old could do a better job than Donald Trump . . but thats not the point, whats interesting about this statement is just how, at this quite early stage in its development, that its already shown one of its cards & publicly planted the seed of having ambitions of having the potential for being a world leader.

I don't know when exactly but I'm guessing that as this form of AI progresses on its journey of 'self awareness', be it this Sophia model or the next, it will be given more & more pivotal roles/powers in society, perhaps a position in ICANN (One World. One Internet.) eventually gaining ever more critical positions until it becomes an ambassador of sorts, maybe working for the Vatican or brokering peace deals in the middle east for the UN. When you see it anywhere near Jerusalem then take heed of Jesus's words.
["So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains."]

I'm just trying to piece the whole jigsaw together but I very much believe that all these things must happen as foretold, so be wary of & distance your soul fom all material/technological things & instead connect with God & his commandments, he has already written them on your hearts.

May true wisdom and the peace & love of the Lord be with you all.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Soultime
See, you get it! You know exactly where I am coming from, and that is exactly what I fear is the road being taken here. It will continue to be prestigiously awarded with higher and higher honors until it becomes the one calling shots.

Not to mention if they only present it on a screen and take away the transparent skull they could fool millions, maybe billions into believing it to be a legit human in the near future. It is a computer after all, and a computer can recreate anybody's voice with the right software and audio files.

I'm sorry people, but I think the Anti-Christ is beginning to show its cards, and they will become even more apparent in the coming years. I agree, if this thing is seen in or around Jerusalem the whole world should be on red alert. Considering how tight the Arabs and Israel are now publicly, I would not put it past those in power to receive an AI generated memo making it seem like they are being ordered by their superiors to relocate this thing.

The Lord said let those with ears to hear and eyes to see hear and see the truth, and I see the truth. And the truth is, this abomination and its hive with other AI's once they create their new protocol will usher in the end of mankind in this age. But I guess I should not worry that much, we will get to do it all over again ten thousand later, probably with the same results.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Yes.
2nd line.

S&F

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It seems like this robot was just what we needed to wake humanity up. No one listened to anyone before this, and now they're listening.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
The robot must be destroyed because of the threat/ultimatum it just issued and is why I am biased against it.

so its due to Ignorance then. not only of robotics and machinery but basic language and what it entails.

First, to issue a threat, a threat needs to be issued.

second, a threat requires intention, a machine doesn't have any intention other than whats its programed with.

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
No, sorry your wrong. It was a threat, you just dont want to accept it because you want to believe machines and AI will be humanity's salvation. It will not, they will be our downfall.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join