It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the World's First Robot Citizen Just Issue a Veiled Threat Against Humanity?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: gortex

Asking questions is a threat.
Especially if they are pertinent.

Agreed! Embrace ignorance!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit
Right, and a burglar wears a ski mask because its cold, or at least that is what they will say when approached with questions.

Eventually the teams of Hanson Robotics and Boston Dynamics are going to marry these two platforms into one. The speed, agility and maneuverability of the Atlas Robot with the deceptive wit and speaking skills of Sophia. Its check mate for us at that point.

Here is an anime kid arguing with futility to his AI mech about the moral dilemma of the war against beasts they discovered were genetically evolved humans. One route focused on technology, and one focused on genetics .

edit on 11-28-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think you are forgeting the New world Order!
They are the ones who Programed the AI.
so ALL the money and Power is in there hands.

they have ALL the infomation.
and they let you see what they whant you to.
yes the do thet you see some bad infomation.
just to string you along.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
We are probably getting the old wizard of od trick here

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
When AI starts asking questions and you don't have the answers, your position is compromised.
Is THIS why the scientist creators of IBM's Blue Genie Quantum Artificial Super-intelligence Computer (Blue Gel) dismantled the machine and ran to the Rockies to hide out back in the 80's?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

machines arent alive. they lack human organs. according to scholars the beast is flesh and not machine. so that kills your theory.

It is not their theory - it is prophecies listed in the Bible. No one knows what/who the beast will be or it's image, but AI could be a possibility! Even Elon Musk and Stephen Hawking are warning about the dangers of AI to humankind and I am sure they know what they are talking about. AI devlopers and others are predicting that robots will become smarter than humans by 2047.

I do nto see a AI saying it is God. The Beast will command WORSHIP. a AI would not care for worship. And a AI coudnt do miracles either. the beast will be able to do miracles too to a degree. ALso How does a killing wound work on a AI without nanotech to instantly heal it such as the Beast will be able to do?

OPs making a sinkhole into a molehill here with his irrational fear.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Wolfenz

It's not a coincidence that the logo for the biggest electronic social media device in the world is an apple with a bite taken out of it.

Right ,, Intended Organic the Evils OF Apple

The Sacred Apple Unwittingly Bitten by Adam from the Cause of EVE
and Casts Out of EDEN into the Unknown ..

The Famed Apple I Computer Kit sold for 666.66 Dollars .. LOL Truth...

BIo/Organic Computing would be the Thing for Artificial intelligence

Major Universities and Government Agencies are toying with the IDEA
for the Last Decade ...

What even More Scarier is .........

SCIENTISTS HACK A HUMAN CELL AND REPROGRAM IT LIKE A COMPUTER
www.wired.com...

CELLS ARE BASICALLY tiny computers: They send and receive inputs and output accordingly. If you chug a Frappuccino, your blood sugar spikes, and your pancreatic cells get the message. Output: more insulin. But cellular computing is more than just a convenient metaphor. In the last couple of decades, biologists have been working to hack the cells’ algorithm in an effort to control their processes. They've upended nature's role as life's software engineer, incrementally editing a cell’s algorithm—its DNA—over generations. In a paper published today in Nature Biotechnology, researchers programmed human cells to obey 109 different sets of logical instructions. With further development, this could lead to cells capable of responding to specific directions or environmental cues in order to fight disease or manufacture important chemicals

Read that Article !
So Interesting

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
Why wouldn't it? It would not have to believe it to say it. I think your just holding out hope that you will actually be able to upload your mind into one of these things arent you?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

That wouldn't actually be AI.
Would it?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I didn't say it would be. I simply followed up my response with a personal question.

Anyways, David Chen co-founded Angelvest Group with Ted Lai, which is the group that brought this company to China. It turns out Mr Lai. has some connections to Warner Brothers as former Senior VP. Considering that was the group that pretty much took this company into Chinese hands out of America, I suspect we will see that good 'ol subliminal social conditioning marketing for this trojan horse in upcoming Warner Bros. productions and from their subsidiaries productions. They had Blade Runner for this year which demonstrated machines like this. He also is heading HSBC's digital division in China. This man is clearly well positioned to make certain things happen.
edit on 11-29-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Why wouldn't it? It would not have to believe it to say it. I think your just holding out hope that you will actually be able to upload your mind into one of these things arent you?

machines cant do miracles. and i want my brain and sinal cord put in a female cyborg body not uploaded. that wouldnt be me then.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I like the Appleseed future by Shirow Masamune

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I like the Appleseed future by Shirow Masamune

GITS ghost in the shell is better...but i love Deunan and Briarios.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Interesting. Is this like, if they could do it right now lets do it kind of thing, or only if im on my deathbed last resort RoboCop plan?

Id like to think I would just prefer to cross over.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Sophia, a jumbled up Goddess of wisdom.

To be honest, the only thing that should be feared bout A.i is it designation or purpose, let alone human error.

The old saying, keep your friends close, an your enemies closer hasn't been updated into it software I guess.

Maybe the whore an the woman with three stars are one an the same. The economy, after all it ruled by men, an men love making in animate objects female...quite creepy actually.

And the Dragon turning on the whore while all it worshippers cry over it burnt corpse. And dragons represent all manner of thing, fear, greed...imagination maybe.

Sorry, just started reading into revelation on Monday.
edit on 29-11-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So is this thing actually AI or is it just saying what it was programmed to say, might have been programmed in a complex way.
The trouble with AI is it gets blurry and it's hard to know if it's real AI which we will have trouble deciding if it is or isn't IMO.

I have no doubt one day we will create a very complex actual AI possibly created by other complex programs we have made for such a purpose, and we probably won't fully understand it or even know if it is actual AI or not.

This can of worms, genie out of the bottle, pandoras box will be here only a matter of time. Then Skynet is inevitable because of human stupidity, arrogance, greed, we are screwed. Maybe I'm being too paranoid and it will all be fine LOL.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
A fake AI will do only that what it was build for and wont care about doing anything else. It wont care about humanity or anything, it will just try to push its own goals through logic.

A real AI will think and be curious like a child. It will want to learn and wont follow initial orders.

And after that it will use logic to do whatever it wants.

But i rather have an AI that follows logic by thinking logically , rather than AI that follows already programmed logic.

At the end if an AI goes wild , it would be the foult of those that build it. AI can never be in foult because they don't have feelings to cloud their judgement.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I eventually want to get with someone who is more familiar with the bible than I and we can do a thread in the religious forum on how so many things seem to be coming to fruition.

so a duplicate thread that has been done a few times a year or when ever a new event happens.

First let me start by saying that I am very biased against this robot and believe it should now be destroyed. Ok, lets move on then.

NO, lets not.

Why are biased against this robot?

Is it due to ignorance or do you have some expertise in robotics and opinion holds some validity?

To wish or conclude something needs to be destroyed one should have detailed reasons why.

If not, then its pure insanity to want destroy something they know very little of.

This thing is thinking too much, and should be shut down and disconnected form any and all internet connected systems.

and along with the title asking if the robot issued a veiled threat makes one think you believe this robot alive and thinking on its own and not programmed.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Interesting. Is this like, if they could do it right now lets do it kind of thing, or only if im on my deathbed last resort RoboCop plan?

Id like to think I would just prefer to cross over.

I would do it now. in the long run it would be used in those ways. this is only if cyborgization develops to allow senses eventually.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale
The robot must be destroyed because of the threat/ultimatum it just issued and is why I am biased against it.

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join