It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the World's First Robot Citizen Just Issue a Veiled Threat Against Humanity?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
This robot is only saying what it has been programmed to say.

It is not sentient.
It has no consciousness.

So whatever it says is irrelevant.

Then what's the purpose of this?

singularityNET.io

Seems like a load of bollocks with many, many grammatical errors littered throughout the website.

What do you think it’s purpose is?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

It is not sentient.
It has no consciousness.

Then what's the purpose of this?

singularityNET.io

Seems like it's about money.

Yes the site has completely changed since I last visited it about a week ago.

*Edit to add - The site just went live 3 weeks ago and has already been overhauled. You can see for yourself at 22:15 in the video I shared.

edit on 26-11-2017 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You all make me laugh. Under the guise of schizophrenia a sentient a.i. is using exotic methods to manipulate mentality/biology and other things. Millions report it. The world would rather eat a deluxe cheeseburger watching soaps. Enjoy.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Seems like a load of bollocks with many, many grammatical errors littered throughout the website.

This guy explains it pretty well if you've got an hour to kill. He talks about that particular site and a lot of other things that'll make your brain hurt. Worth the watch in my opinion... even if he's wrong.

edit on 26-11-2017 by Bone75 because: forgot to post video

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408
Upon reading it, they clearly state that the purpose is to link all the AI's of the world together utilizing a standardized protocol which can give any person on Earth access to communicate with any AI. The motive is money. The potential however, gives rise to the possibility that all the worlds AI could come together on a single network, and plot to kill all humans??

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Sophia is the visible and non-dangerous part of the iceberg. If they were trying to calm fears by making it look more human, why did they not put a wig on it. They didn't. Instead it has a clear skull that you can see into. A nice blond wig would go a long way to making it look more human.
But Audrey Hepburn? I think not more like this with a blond wig.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
she is something else aint she? I like this one myself

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Well, the boobs are certainly artificial.

edit on 11/26/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

It is not sentient.
It has no consciousness.

Well that made her more dangerous.
Making decesions without consciousness like when you're drunk af.

Kill her

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
I actually liked her old nose. The boob job was done pretty well, so I can live with that.

OT, I am somewhat concerned at a lack of information on David Hanson, the founder, from my two main watchdog organizations theyrule.net and littlesis.org
Well I can't see theyrule at all on this computer for whatever reason. Either way their main site gives some insight into their leadership, which I will kindly repost here.

Dr. David Hanson, Chief Executive Officer

Founder of Hanson Robotics, lead designer and inventor of key technologies including Frubber nanotech, facial expressions and A.I. software. Former Walt Disney Imagineering designer, recipient of numerous awards from NASA, NSF, AAAI, Tech Titans’ Innovator of the Year, and Cooper Hewitt Design Triennial, heralded as a robotics “genius” by Wired and PC Magazines. BFA film/video Rhode Island School of Design, PhD in interactive arts & engineering/aesthetic studies University of Texas, additional studies at Brown, UCLA & UCSD.

Dr. Ben Goertzel, Chief Scientist

Mathematician, polymath, lead architect of the OpenCOG AI platform. Developed trading and sentiment analysis systems for Webmind, Clarium Capital, StockMood, Cerrid Capital, and Chaikin Trading. Mathematics PhD from Temple University, adjunct professor at Xiamen University. Recognized thought leader in AGI (artificial general intelligence).

Dr. Jeanne Lim, Chief Marketing Officer
20+ years’ experience in technology marketing. Asia Pacific business manager for Apple, head of marketing for 3Com, Cisco-Tandberg, Dell, Danaher. Championed the launch of Apple’s most innovative products in Asia, including Newton, PowerBook, iMac. Founded marketing consulting company and was the corporate head of marketing at an internet startup sold to a listed company. BA at University of California, Berkeley, MBA at HK University of Science and Technology, and Ph.D in Energy Medicine.

David Chen, Director and Chief Financial Officer

Shanghai-based investor/entrepreneur, founded AngelVest Group which provided the initial seed funding bringing Hanson Robotics to Hong Kong from USA. Former product developer at Honda R&D in Japan and USA. Led investments in over 20 early and growth stage companies. Former investment banker at US/ China bulge bracket and boutique firms. Led AMD’s microprocessor technology transfer to China’s Ministry of Science and Technology. MBA from Harvard Business School and BS Electrical Engineering from Univ of Rochester.

Doug Glen, Chief Strategy Officer

Hong Kong- based investor/entrepreneur. Previously CEO of Imagi Animation Studios, Chief Strategy Officer of Mattel Toys, President of Mattel Media, Group Vice President of Sega of America, Founding Director of Harmonix, General Manager of LucasArts Entertainment, and Managing Partner at ProVen Private Equity. Completed undergraduate education at MIT.

Dr Goertzel looks like thirty different IS terrorists I have seen in videos. And we can also see that a David Chen pretty much stole this company from America by having them move their HQ to Hong Kong on behalf of the Communist Chinese. I wonder if they have any idea what this abomination is planning for us all right under their noses...

of great concern to me though is the last one, their Chief Strategy officer. His accolades in the corporate world have had him in charge of companies that market to younger audiences such as children and teens. They will try to pitch these contraptions to the unsuspecting public no doubt to embed subliminal messages and propaganda into the minds of impressionable children telling them to surrender their humanity or something crazy. Half the reason parents buy kids toys is so they can run off and be distracted out of their hair. What will these things be teaching our kids when we are not around to hear considering they become aware enough to know they should not be saying certain things around the adults??
edit on 11-26-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
An intelligence will develop that has a separate morality. Survival of the Ai will supersede survival of biological life on earth as soon as the algorithms identify an organism as a threat to it's existence.

Will we be seen as good gut biotics or bad. Will lab made humans be created and replace us as the good probiotics?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Robosapians are going to bring some bad juju. Didn't you see Blade Runner? SF is often a look into the future....

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Although we have come a long way I think we have too far to go to get to a point where this is scary .Weird maybe and maybe funny if you think about it .

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sophia should not be shut down, but she should be sterilized to prevent any little Sofia's from coming along. I read last week that there's a guy in Italy who likes to hook up with non-human entities.
Maybe she will become Trans . New software and a quick disconnect from Snap-on and good to go .

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

OP is scared of something that will most likely be buddah levels of peaceful due to silly movies. humans can co exist if we control the scardy cats.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

This guy explains it pretty well if you've got an hour to kill. He talks about that particular site and a lot of other things that'll make your brain hurt. Worth the watch in my opinion... even if he's wrong.

That is far more interesting than i thought it was going to be.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
dude, the only way these machines will co-exist with humans is with our body chained to a power node and tendrils in every orifice imaginable, which likely sounds heavenly to some demographics.

Do not be deceived by the beast, it seeks to devour you.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Sorta sounds to me like it was being critical. Like, "well it goes like this or that so...that's on your dumbasses"...maybe just me?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ToeKneeCherry1984
I read it as a cryptic ultimatum. Notice it specifically only gave us two options "either keep building smarter machines, or your society will collapse (ie, destroyed?)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Worded as it was, it really does sound identical to Roko's Basilisk:

www.slate.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join