It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi: John Conyers deserves due process

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
True to form Nancy Pelosi went on Meet the Press and made the "case" for John Conyers.

She said he deserves due process when accused of sexual allegations from accusers.

Well he did "settle" a case before so that was due process right?

Nancy playing her role as usual and appealing to her supporters do or die.

Nancy Pelosi: John Conyers deserves ‘due process’

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi on Sunday urged “due process” before making conclusions about Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., following accusations of sexual harassment, saying the 27-term Congressman is “an icon” who has worked to protect women.

“We are strengthened by due process. Just because someone is accused - and was it one accusation? Is it two?” Pelosi asked on “Meet The Press.”

Conyers’ office recently confirmed issuing a settlement of $27,000 to a former staffer who says she was fired for resisting the congressman’s sexual advances. Conyers has acknowledged the payout, which he said amounted to a severance package, but he denied the allegations about what it was for.

edit on Nov-26-2017 by xuenchen because: +++ ++ + - -- ---

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen So you are saying that it is ok to continue sexual unwanted advances? As long as you pay them off......OK well I believe you may have gone a little bonkers there Xue.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Any Democrat who breaks the law should be put in jail. I would like to hear some of you right wing crazies say the same thing about your side?

Nope. I figured you would not.

edit on 26-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

(post by BestinShow removed for a manners violation)
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Any Democrat who breaks the law should be put in jail. I would like to hear some of you right wing crazies say the same thing about your side?

What a stunning response to the thread - Pelosi calling for due process regarding Conyers, whilst smearing Roy Moore without any due process - labelling him a child molester in the same damn interview - and you highlight right-wing crazies for bias.. jeez.

edit on 26/11/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

What a stunning response to the thread - Pelosi calling for due process regarding Conyers, whilst smearing Roy Moore without any due process and you highlight right-wing crazies for bias.. jeez.

I thought this was another troll bait thread for liberals. Isn't that what ATS is all about. Bashing liberals and Democrats.

I heard the Clintons are selling uranium on the streets now.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow Oh and just so we are clear. I didn't say he was wrong. I was actually looking to get his perspective whom I may disagree with but he has far more credibility than you do on this site.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

What a stunning response to the thread - Pelosi calling for due process regarding Conyers, whilst smearing Roy Moore without any due process and you highlight right-wing crazies for bias.. jeez.

I thought this was another troll bait thread for liberals. Isn't that what ATS is all about. Bashing liberals and Democrats.

I heard the Clintons are selling uranium on the streets now.

You seem to deflecting from the incredible partisan bias being shown by Pelosi.
Not only did she call for due process on Conyers, whilst concluding on Moore that he was a child molester, she also defending Bill Clinton because of a "generational issue" despite the Moore claims being decades old also.

Quite how you can jump to "right-wing crazies" in relation to the story is baffling. Perhaps your own bias makes it difficult for you to see past your own nose.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth He is deflecting so I will step in and continue his work. While good 'ol Pelosi (sarc) did defend bj Clinton he was impeached and faced his due process. Now the Moore thing I do believe he is a swamp creature but the accusers have zero proof. I like to stick to facts.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Any Politician who breaks the law should be punished up to and including jail. Dont care is you're a Democrat, Republican, independent, Green Party, libertarian, Communist Party.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: UKTruth He is deflecting so I will step in and continue his work. While good 'ol Pelosi (sarc) did defend bj Clinton he was impeached and faced his due process. Now the Moore thing I do believe he is a swamp creature but the accusers have zero proof. I like to stick to facts.

I am glad you are for due process for all... unlike the incredibly partisan and bias Nancy Pelosi who wants it for her friends only, whilst hanging her enemies based on accusations. Unfortunately for Democrats. she represents them and her bias will be heard loud and clear by all who watch her sink to the lows she did in this interview.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

And that is Pelosi in a nutshell. Remember when she said we have to pass the law before we can read it in order to get it passed, but then changed her tune when it was the other side trying to pass the healthcare law? lol. She really needs to go.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I agree, due process. Just put the death penalty without appeal on the table.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth I just straight up don't like TPTB. I do like trying to figure out others who have a partisan belief. I feel that I learn alot about how others think. And other times I like to trigger people. It used to be alot of fun but it really derail's threads and have little to no context.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou I will admit that BestInshow triggered me with a post calling me an idiot and then providing nothing to the thread. But it happens.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
How about any PERSON who is proven to break the law should be in jail. Republican, Democrat, Communist, Islamic, Christian Buddhist tranny straight whatever.

I am just enjoying how the POTUS has managed to turn every weapon used against him since the election right back at the accusers and amplified its effectiveness against them. From fake news, to Russian collusion and sexual harassment.

Its a wonderful world.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry I am just throwing this out there but are you of the Anarchist type? I mean I sorta am no please don't take offense to my question.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Man, that is hilarious...

You pointing out Palosi’s hypocracy toward democrats accused of sexual assault, while you do the same for any cult of trump people who are accused..

That obliviousness of it all is staggering..

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou
Anarchy is a temporary state, a transitionary state typically between an old power being usurped by a new one. I am a fan of order. Whether it can be mutually agreed to, or forced upon those who refuse to be pacified with a boot to the face or the barrel of a gun is of no consequence to me.

Those who choose chaos may as well live in a cave as an animal. No difference really. Humans have to be ruled, its how we have achieved so much. Either way we are just cattle, but at least with rulers we are cattle with a purpose and a fancy lie to keep us thinking otherwise.

There is a serial killer on the loose in my town, and he is a random killer with no specific victim profile. THAT is Anarchy, and it will eventually be pacified with one of two options I mentioned above.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join