It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Nurse Under Investigation for Tweets About Killing White Babies

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ansuzrune

True what you say ... about the possibility of another civil war here.

Everyone is just so polarized, and hateful, and this black nurse chick spouting off about killing white babies by throwing them to the wolves is really, really ... just a sign of the times, in some ways.

I dread whatever comes of this, considering it seems late in the day now, and the hate keeps growing, and I don't know how anyone could put it back in time.

I have a bad feeling about the future -- so batten down the hatches, and bar the doors.

edit on 27-11-2017 by Fowlerstoad because: changed 2 words ... a true edit

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

I would urge caution in censoring certain speech based on profession.

Yeah, what she said is disgusting.

But we punish actions. Not thoughts. If we start, then we're advocating thought-police.

Words are not thoughts. If I said something it is not the same as thinking it. For example if someone screamed “FIRE, FIRE!” In a theatre it is not the same as someone just thinking about doing it.

The printed word is a physical manifestation of thought.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Not only should she lose her job; she should lose her nursing license, permanently, and be barred from teaching, daycare, etc. She's a complete menace. Nor can we ignore the racial angle. I'd like to know if any children's lives were lost under her care. If not, it seems likely that only her stupid tweet prevented it, because she could easily have planned to "sacrifice" those white male babies. Any parent of a child under her care ought to be checking records carefully, too.

This is one seriously sick individual. Imagine the outcry, the riots, the protests, if a white nurse had said that about black boy children. Yes, this IS an issue of racism. Just because it "could have been" a white nurse, you think that means this black nurse, speaking of sacrificing male white children, isn't a racist? Take off the blinders, please.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
She, and many more like her are expressing her percieved need to kill babies. I'm pretty sure speech like this is not protected speech.

Sure it is. It is hateful, violent, ugly and disgusting.

But it's just expression.

Have to disagree. Speech such as this is instigating violence, and that IS illegal.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: kurthall

She is indeed.

The problem I have is that she is working in a safety sensitive job. If she was a McDonalds burger flipper, she could express her racism all day long and I couldn't care less. The LEO who lost his job for saying "We only kill black people" was exercising his free speech too, but he lost his job. And rightfully so. When you're in a public trust/safety sensitive position, you are going to be held to a higher standard than the rest.

I don't think I'd even trust her there; who knows what she'd do to the food of white customers! Maybe she could pick up trash along a highway.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I just hate the idea of making some speech, even hateful speech, illegal.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

It's not that it's illegal or should even be illegal. It's just that she took a pledge to uphold a Code of Ethics as a nursing professional. Then she got on Twitter under a handle identifying herself as a nurse and said things that are completely in violation of the Code of Ethics she pledged to uphold.

If she had not identified as a nurse, people would have just chalked her up to a racist running her mouth within her First Amendment rights and moved on.

But she presented herself as a nurse and the public expects a higher standard because SHE pledged to conduct herself at a higher standard as a nurse when she was granted her license.

So...kind of an employment contract. More like an oath though. She should be held to it.

edit on 11/27/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I understand that, and had she simply stated that she hated whites, I'd agree she had hat right. I'd still say fire her, because you can't care for patients you hate, but she'd have the right. What she did, though, was promote violence against a specific group. Instigating crime has always been illegal. What she said promotes actions like those of that bunch in Chicago that imprisoned and tortured that poor kid, and made video of their actions.

People like that, as far as I am concerned, forfeited all of their rights.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Earlier this year, the local school fired my child's elementary school bus driver for referring to black rioters as "dancing monkeys" via social media. Yes, it was the right move.

But my point is that this is 1,000 times worse. And this woman works in an industry where she's responsible for the wellbeing of others. So yeah, she should DEFINITELY be fired.
edit on 27-11-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Let 'em think what they like. In and of it self, thought is harmless. When actions become attached to the words...well, all bets are off.

I'm betting that hospital has clauses in their employee handbook covering social media behavior...I'm, also, willing to bet she's violated them big time.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Yes indeed, now they are coming for your words and opinions. Yay.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I'm, also, willing to bet she's violated them big time.

If this is real, I can't even begin to tell you how much there is no doubt that she violated hospital policy, on a whole #ton of things. If she can still be a nurse by the end of this, I would be surprised. She is sure as sh** fired from that hospital at the end of the day though. Holy crapdamnly.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

My feeling precisely. Whatever her employer does if of course up them, as is the nursing board. But that is as far as it should/could go. Unless she has caused anyone to die by failing to carry out her duty to act no laws were broken. Bad taste, without a doubt though.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The minute black people were told that they "cannot be racist" it opened the floodgates to..yup..unfettered racism without consequences. When any one group receive special treatment it creates resentment and tit for tat reactions.

Personally, I detest even seeing the word "racist" anymore its the go to word for everything nowadays

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
She lost her job according to the news and it was on MSN

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I would urge caution in censoring certain speech based on profession.

Yeah, what she said is disgusting.

But we punish actions. Not thoughts. If we start, then we're advocating thought-police.

Words are not thoughts. If I said something it is not the same as thinking it. For example if someone screamed “FIRE, FIRE!” In a theatre it is not the same as someone just thinking about doing it.

The printed word is a physical manifestation of thought.

Right, right. Tell that to the bank robbers doing time for passing that note to the teller with THOUGHTS printed on it.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Good news. If we could only find her 5th or 6th or 21st twitter account to see how butthurt she is blaming whitey for getting her sacked.

according to /pol/ they were not going to let up till she was fired.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

This is a bit messed up if true. Whatever the white race did previously isn't the childs fault and they should be given a chance just like the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This is a bit messed up if true. Whatever the white race did previously isn't the childs fault and they should be given a chance just like the rest of us.

According to academic thought these days it is thought because of white privilege. Just by being born, that white male child has more advantage in his pinkie than some other kids because of what white slave owners did back in the day.

That's the going belief as ridiculous as it is.

The poor kid is already a racist the moment he leaves the womb.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
For White privilege read White aptitude.
a reply to: ketsuko

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join