It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Nurse Under Investigation for Tweets About Killing White Babies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Same, but look at the LEO who lost his job for joking about "we only shoot black people" trying to calm a lady down at a traffic stop.

Was it inappropriate? Yes. Was it wrong to say? Of course. But for someone that didn't *actually* kill anyone, I think losing his job is no more or no less appropriate than this lady losing hers.

Realistically, you're right of course. It is just so hard to overlook these incidents when you can see so many similar sentiments written on social media. I know there white racists are out there too, and I find it all disgusting

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Woodcarver

She, and many more like her are expressing her percieved need to kill babies. I'm pretty sure speech like this is not protected speech.

Sure it is. It is hateful, violent, ugly and disgusting.

But it's just expression.
do you think she should be fired or lose her nursing license?

No.

Not for something she said on a social media site.

If she doesn't do her job, then yes. Fire her.

But for saying stupid nasty #e?

Hell, I've said some really idiotic things in my life. Written royally stupid things in my life.

I would hope like hell than I don't get fired for being stupid!

She isn't merely being stupid and committing an accidental offense. She's pushing agendas.

I find it interesting that this is just now coming to light. Must have been 'sacrificing white baby boys to wolves' that pushed it over the edge for Twitter to suspend her account and the hospital to "be aware of several troubling posts on social media".

The hospital itself appears now to be so concerned, that she (Baker) has been removed from any patient care responsibilities.

We are aware of several troubling posts on social media which appear to be from a recently hired IU Health employee. Our HR department continues to investigate the situation and the authenticity of the posts. During the investigation, that employee (who does not work at Riley Hospital for Children) will have no access to patient care.

And what exactly is "recently" hired? I was thinking a month or two. And Baker has been doing this for quite some time. If anyone cares to look at the "sampling" of twitter posts on the OP link, the dates range from March 2017 to present. That is a long time prove ones character.....over and over and over again.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think this is a legitimate nursing license issue that will probably be investigated by the American Nurses Association because she was tweeting as 'Night Nurse.'

IOW, she took a pledge to abide by a particular Code of Ethics in her profession as a nurse. Speaking to the public while identified as an actual 'nurse,' requires that she abide by certain moral principles, and her tweets are definitely in violation of that code.

If she wasn't using 'Nurse' in her twitter handle, this would all be a non-issue.

I doubt she would actually lose her license but she could lose it for a period of time and be required to address her issues in training, counseling, etc....before she gets it back. And that, of course, is cause for her employer to fire her.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Just stupid or pushing an agenda I like these people out in the open.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Fowlerstoad

I would urge caution in censoring certain speech based on profession.

Yeah, what she said is disgusting.

But we punish actions. Not thoughts. If we start, then we're advocating thought-police.

Her tweets were actions.

Actions that she should be fired for.

Actions have consequences, she should have more than just being fired.

If she has kids, what she is teaching them is child abuse.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Every time I get drunk and post I wake up with a feeling of dread and remorse.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I live and grew up in California,this state has quite a divercity as everyone wants to live here,only racial hatred I see is on TV,is scripted events,bunch of paid fools to act out when they get paid,only war is between a few idiotic liberals and the truth

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Bigburgh

May not be technically "appropriate" but I don't think any one of us would've responded any differently Tim

Child abusers are scum, and IMO deserved that frying pan accident more than anyone

I actually felt terrible afterwards. Made sure I

"NEVER ACTED OUT"

with my emotions like that again.😑

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Hmmm..
I forgot about encouraging others or

Inciting

She isn't merely being stupid and committing an accidental offense. She's pushing agendas. 

in·cite

inˈsīt/

verb

gerund or present participle: inciting

encourage or stir up (violent or unlawful behavior).

"the offense of inciting racial hatred"

synonyms:stir up, whip up, encourage, fan the flames of, stoke up, fuel, kindle, ignite, inflame, stimulate, instigate, provoke, excite, arouse, awaken, inspire, engender, trigger, spark off, ferment, foment; More

urge or persuade (someone) to act in a violent or unlawful way.

"he incited loyal subjects to rebellion"

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Like it or not, this nurse simply represents a rapidly emerging trend and its only going to get much, much worse. She represents a growing and powerful viewpoint among the groups of people who hate whites. And realistically, there's nothing that can change that. You can fire people for expressing their views, but that doesn't change their minds, in fact, it probably reinforces it.

A definite trend. Also from the article in the OP:

A new FBI report indicates that hate crimes committed against white Americans are the fastest growing racial hate crimes in the United States.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

True, and same here.

Respect.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

*sigh*

Also true.

I have friends in the RSA ... and the trend is even worse there, but building now in many other places too, it seems.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
White woman flips of Trump. loses job.

Black woman working in hospital advocates killing babies, might be investigated.

Oh right, be PC and don't be racist.
edit on 11/26/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I fear for our population and what TPTB have done to brainwash them.
When you can somehow think that a woman advocating the tortuous execution of only white babies ISN'T racist.....
You have been brainwashed.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is the culmination of 8 years of Obama, his crowning achievement, kill whitey in the cradle. The Left won't say a word, lift a finger or play their standard bearing race card.

This is the type of genocide that would openly be promoted if these radical Lefties ever took power, 1000 times worse than Nazi Germany.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

She, and many more like her are expressing her percieved need to kill babies. I'm pretty sure speech like this is not protected speech.

Sure it is. It is hateful, violent, ugly and disgusting.

But it's just expression.
Is it currently protected speech?

Not sure what the definition of "protected" speech is to be honest.
Protected by the constitution/government, as in, if her job fires her, she can use the existing laws to protect her or sue them for damages?
edit on 26-11-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Wow, that chick is bat ship crazy, and she is the racist. I am a white guy, and have always had great relationships with all of my black friends, none of them are like this. Also I have more class than this wack job has ever had, black or not. That has 0 to do with my opinion.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If she doesn't get fired and, subsequently a patient alleges sub standard or neglectful treatment then the hospital will be liable for a big lawsuit.

I can't see how she could stay ion after those tweets and, nor should she. I wouldn't want her treating any of mine.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Constitutional rights only apply to the relationship between government and Citizens. Private employers are not required to uphold your rights, although there are statutes allowing them to be sued for certain civil rights violations. Civil rights do not (by default) prevent an employer from firing you for exercising free speech - otherwise everyone who lost a job for telling off their boss would have a winnable lawsuit.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

She is indeed.

The problem I have is that she is working in a safety sensitive job. If she was a McDonalds burger flipper, she could express her racism all day long and I couldn't care less. The LEO who lost his job for saying "We only kill black people" was exercising his free speech too, but he lost his job. And rightfully so. When you're in a public trust/safety sensitive position, you are going to be held to a higher standard than the rest.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join