It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday posts New single day record for gun checks at more than 200,000

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I have a model 582 mini 30 love that rifle.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I wish I could take credit for that! Guy down the road has a CNC computer milling machine in his home shop, and we spent the weekend drilling and putting it together. It was surprisingly easy, but no doubt because of the machine/knowledge of my neighbor. I was going to try it with a dremmel and a drill but I didn't want it to turn out poorly.

It wasn't as bad as I thought though, it is do-able. Just basically have to buy the 80% LR with the knowledge that you may destroy it
She's a beauty though. Threw a Anderson upper on it that I got for $200.00 (with a freefloat, no less. Thanks Armslist) and have a nice little rifle that is invisible to potential future tyrannies.
edit on 11/27/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

People aren't stocking up though. The percentage of population that owns a firearm is continuing it's 50 year decline. Those who do own guns are owning way more guns, the average is something like 17 per person now. But guns are not gaining popularity among more people, instead it's just the opposite.

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: infolurker

People aren't stocking up though. The percentage of population that owns a firearm is continuing it's 50 year decline. Those who do own guns are owning way more guns, the average is something like 17 per person now. But guns are not gaining popularity among more people, instead it's just the opposite.

Really?How do you know?Funny how every time I go to the gun store there is some newbie that the salesman has to show how to load and work the action of a just acquired pistol!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Because gun ownership is a tracked statistic. It peaked in 1977 at 50.4% of households owning guns. Today it's 31%.

www.norc.org...

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
Wow, so that report relies predominately on people reporting whether they actually own firearms or not. Considering the attempted genocide on the second amendment in the nineties, I would gather a lot more people are refusing to answer or answer honestly. I like to measure from CWP numbers.

Florida has the highest, at over 1.4 million as of 2015. The 2011 numbers were only 887,000. Therefore Florida saw an increase of 500,000 people seeking to carry concealed. Now obviously some of those would be existing owners of firearms, but I cant imagine all half a million just being people deciding to get their CWP for existing stock. That tells me a lot more people are buying firearms. The trends are increasing for CWP in many if not most shall issue states.

So what I draw from that is not only are more people wanting to hide their firearms on them while out in public, they are probably more reluctant to even report it to liberal university in an anti-constitutional municipality.

Plus I would not trust something coming out of the University of Chicago of all places as the politics in that jurisdiction are against peoples right to defend themselves and the NDAA gives the government authority to make partnerships with academia and other private institutions to deliver targeted messages to the population for specific goals.

posted on Dec, 4 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
Because gun ownership is a tracked statistic. It peaked in 1977 at 50.4% of households owning guns. Today it's 31%.

www.norc.org...

So ,you rely on surveys where the respondents can lie?No one I know in my circle of friends or relatives will answer in the affirmative to owning guns.It is nobody`s business.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join