It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 failed theories about AGW?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
12 reasons why AGW alarmist are wrong discussed in the link. Not all are data oriented. Perhaps it is fair to say this is a bit tongue in cheek for the authors and myself. Enjoy all you lovers of true science but be advised there is not much science in the article. Just observations of failed predictions. Squirm oh those of the "Church of AGW".

dailycaller.com...

A few of those include,
Apocalyptic warnings on repeat
Prince Charles' global warming deadline passed with nothing happening
Frances's foreign minister gave us 500 days

Oh, the absurdity of some of these predictions. If only we could predict weather accurately for at least 7 days would I be happy with the task of forecasting..
edit on 26-11-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Religious followers don't need proof, they have faith.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The planet is not going to go away. However, the quality of life for people living here could go to Hell.

It all comes down to whether you believe in science and the motivations of scientists. Scientists are smart people. They can make money doing anything. I think Big Oil propaganda has all you right wingers twisted in a not. What is good science and what is superstition is why we have science in the first place.

The 97% consensus on global warming

And the other 3% are paid shills for Big Oil.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The planet is not going to go away. However, the quality of life for people living here could go to Hell.

It all comes down to whether you believe in science and the motivations of scientists. Scientists are smart people. They can make money doing anything. I think Big Oil propaganda has all you right wingers twisted in a not. What is good science and what is superstition is why we have science in the first place.

Science isn't really science anymore in the fact that certain things, whether true or false, will not be published if it in any way will effect the carrer of said scientist. Plus the political pressure put on some of them. If science was the way it should be, then we would have had all of Tesla's nifty gadgets way long ago. Plus who knows what other tech is being supressed.
edit on 26-11-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Just my opinion, but the man-made climate change crowd was more about globalism, one-world government, control, power, than it was about saving the trees and stuff.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Science isn't really science anymore in the fact that certain things, whether true or false, will not be published if it in any way will effect the carrer of said scientist. Plus the political pressure put on some of them. If science was the way it should be, then we would have had all of Tesla's nifty gadgets way long ago. Plus who knows what other tech is being supressed.

Here is one that is being suppressed

wkrn.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Cowboy

Absolutely correct. They are dodging things that will work to profit from taxation. With lucrative grants for practicing at the Church of AGW.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

The World will always need smart people. Scientists make money no matter what they publish. I don't think the scientists really care what the data says. Most of them are atheistic nihilists who are probably amused by the idea that their data is being ignored and humanity will destroy its own quality of life. It will just confirm the scientists bigotry that most people are morons.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The World will always need smart people. Scientists make money no matter what they publish. I don't think the scientists really care what the data says. Most of them are atheistic nihilists who are probably amused by the idea that their data is being ignored and humanity will destroy its own quality of life. It will just confirm the scientists bigotry that most people are morons.

The highlighted part is not true. There is only so much grant money out there, and they are all fighting for it. So to go against the grain, or publish an article that might be deemed unpopular by their peers GREATLY reduces the chances that further study gets funded.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Meanwhile oil exploration, resource extraction, deforestation and pollution of the biosphere go unabated.

You aren't supposed to question why, you're just supposed to consume and die.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Here is one that is being suppressed

wkrn.com...

Hydrogen fuel cells are not suppressed tech.
More power is required to separate the hydrogen from water than you get out of it.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

The highlighted part is not true. There is only so much grant money out there, and they are all fighting for it. So to go against the grain, or publish an article that might be deemed unpopular by their peers GREATLY reduces the chances that further study gets funded.

You misunderstand what I am saying. Anyone with a PhD from MIT is NOT going to be a poor person.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

97% of scientists agree that the fudged data shows that climate warming is a bought and paid for study.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

Yes, that is true in a lot of cases, and remember, in some cases they actually are looking for the unique and surprising findings, the problem is, those findings still have to conform to certain "standards", so yes, even then, you are right.

Not all science is garbage, of course, in fact I'm very thankful for many scientific discoveries that have helped pave the way to a better, healthier society. Not all heroes wear capes--some wear lab coats.

But yeah, anyone that poses a risky, unique hypothesis IS risking their relevance in the field. In order to get tenure, one must stay relevant in their field(s).
edit on 11/26/17 by servovenford because: grammar

edit on 11/26/17 by servovenford because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Scientists are smart people.
I would say they are educated but smart ,not so much .I know some smart uneducated people who also do dumb things .Most if not all scientist have a bigger CO2 footprint mainly because of $$ . They fly around the world for conferences when they could do Skype or if they were smart find a way that produces less CO2 .

the quality of life for people living here could go to Hell.
The earths population is at a all time record .We produce more food then we ever did .We have more hospitals and doctors then ever .We have better built homes ,roads ,and schools . Compared to the time of our for fathers I would say they were living in your "hell"

It all comes down to whether you believe in science and the motivations of scientists.
What motivates scientist ? Do you think there could be different things at work in scientist ? maybe money ,maybe prestige ? Maybe some have altruistic reasons but my guess is not many . Scientist are constantly being quoted as saying they were surprised by what they found because they thought one thing and now they have to re-access the way they think . Things like animal species that have been extinct for millions of years that are still chugging along . Science text (what they say) is always being changed or adjusted to fit new ways of measuring or just thinking about things . I believe that science is a moving target .

They can make money doing anything.
LOL ...

I think Big Oil propaganda has all you right wingers twisted in a not.
There are a lot of left wingers that drive cars and travel in planes and trains .Use items made from fossil fuels and eat GMO's or crops fertilized with extracts from fossil fuels . Heck just look at Hollywood and the life of the rich and famous . You can't get any more left then them . Maybe they are just Big Oil Shills who like to lean left .

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Meanwhile oil exploration, resource extraction, deforestation and pollution of the biosphere go unabated.

You aren't supposed to question why, you're just supposed to consume and die.

Agreed. Proof, they don't really give a flying flip about nature....... I care and I care about promoting stewarship of the land. The gov wants it the USSR style it appears to me. Propaganda and circuses while they denude the land of resources. This is not required anymore if the tech is set free.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Atheists don't need friends, they have cigarettes. a reply to: Bluntone22

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

They are dodging things that will work to profit from taxation. With lucrative grants for practicing at the Cult of AGW.
There I fixed that for you

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Science text (what they say) is always being changed or adjusted to fit new ways of measuring or just thinking about things . I believe that science is a moving target .

100% Agreed. Furthermore, think about the amount of variables the scientists have to choose and set up for most of their studies and experiments, too. A given study could have 300 different variables that have to be chosen by the scientists, and each one of those 300 variables could seriously change the outcome of the experiment/study. That's just one example of the influence the scientists themselves have over the "results."

This happens a lot.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
12 reasons why AGW alarmist are wrong discussed in the link. Not all are data oriented. Perhaps it is fair to say this is a bit tongue in cheek for the authors and myself. Enjoy all you lovers of true science but be advised there is not much science in the article. Just observations of failed predictions. Squirm oh those of the "Church of AGW".

dailycaller.com...

A few of those include,
Apocalyptic warnings on repeat
Prince Charles' global warming deadline passed with nothing happening
Frances's foreign minister gave us 500 days

Oh, the absurdity of some of these predictions. If only we could predict weather accurately for at least 7 days would I be happy with the task of forecasting..

When the outhouse is full...you dig another empty hole and move that outhouse to another location. Its still an outhouse. The Earth will always do what is has and does. Change.

Take mankind on a ship out to space for 1,000 years and come back. What happened to Earth? Still here...just the outhouse has moved. And thats just normal. Nothing would be that much different...except for those ants here call "MAN".

Not for Mother Earth..it will be doing things and changing whether we're here to watch it or not.*

*PS: to add: I predict half the readers here will say I dont get it...and the other half will get together to move the outhouse. 'It'd be nice if everyone was on the same page, but not everyone bought the same book, in the same language. Others cant read...still Earth will keep moving...predications or not. Thats the reality.

Predicting a good crop growing season doesnt mean it will be. No matter who says it will....
edit on 26-11-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join