It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Line Bears

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Blue Line Bears
I saw this on the news this morning and just had to share.

This is a non-profit started by a 14 year old cop's daughter. She wanted to find a way to help children of fallen officers have something special from their parent.

Blue Line Bears is a nonprofit organization with the goal of helping the children of fallen Law Enforcement officers cope with the devastating loss of a parent. So far in 2016 alone, more than 130 law enforcement officers across the country have been killed in the line of duty, many of them leaving behind children and/or grandchildren. Blue Line Bears is the creation of the 14 year-old daughter of a police officer whose goal it is to help the children of fallen officers through the difficult loss of their parent. Children of law enforcement officers grow up realizing that their parent’s life is at risk every day they go to work. Add to that the fact that there is much public ridicule of law enforcement officers, and deaths in the line of duty are sudden, shocking and violent. With all of this in mind, Blue Line Bears will not only provide a lasting keepsake to help keep the officer’s memory alive, but will also help their child to see that there are caring individuals who respect and appreciate men and women in uniform. Children of officers killed in the line of duty are oftentimes young, perhaps too young to remember the parent who died. For those children, a bear from Blue Line Bears will provide a tangible reminder that their loved one will always be with them

She contacts the family and co-workers of fallen officers and if they are interested ask for at least one uniform shirt. She then uses all parts of the shirt, from patches to buttons and creates a teddy bear.

This is an amazing girl doing amazing things. Please take a moment to check it out if you can.
edit on 11/26/2017 by Martin75 because: Please over look typos, I'm mobile but tryed to fix

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I’m in! God bless her, thanks for sharing this. Soon the cop haters will arrive, that’s cool, troll they must.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Thanks for reading. I LOVED the story when I saw it this morning.

She is dealing with haters at school but has learned to smile and simply say "sorry you've been taught to feel that way".

Smart & classy!

I expect them. But there is nothing they can do. This little girl has filled my heart! This is a wonderful story, negative nelly can't take that away.
edit on 11/26/2017 by Martin75 because: Damn spell check... Hmpft

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Bless her good and fine heart. This daughter of my brother in StMichael is one special little lady.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Excellent idea, and something that people should support. Dangerous job, being a cop. When the hubby was deployed, he was still safer than the average cop on the street. Think about that one. They had rockets/missiles incoming, oftentimes, mines in the roads, etc., and he was still safer than a cop here.

top topics

join