It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: Kettu
originally posted by: Bluntone22
Jesus, are you guys still this butt hurt?
The first step is admitting you have a problem.
I can see you haven't committed yourself to working the first step.
You can't force someone to get help, they have to want it for themselves. Maybe you'll get there in time!
originally posted by: WeRpeons
is really showing your bias toward your messiah. I hate politicians, but none have been so ignorant, narcissistic. stupid and lacking self-control than Trump. If Trump was a liberal, you and every conservative would be raising the house and calling him out and rightly so.
He is not a dictator despite all the claims trump haters have made. He is at the mercy of congress, and congress is paid off by the medical/insurance/big pharma lobby. It's not like he did not attempt to keep his promise, and he is still planning on getting a new plan passed, probably once even stupid democrats can see Obamacare is a disaster. With that said anything that can be passed will likely not be much of an improvement because it won't focus on cost reductions.
2. I do not know why nobody will actually look at the independent analysis of the tax bill instead of looking at these stupid biased headlines. The tax plan will give 90% + of the middle class a tax break and if you aren't one of those you can move to a state which has reasonable tax rates. Nobody can honestly say the vast majority will not get a tax break.
3. The wall construction has not even started. You are really ignorant if you honestly think it will be hard to make Mexico pay for it, it will happen, but it may come over a period of several years. Obviously Mexico is not going to hand over payment, it will come as some form of tax on Mexican goods, or a fee for crossing the border. All of these are just false.
Donald Trump says he would force Mexico to pay for a border wall as president by threatening to cut off the flow of billions of dollars in payments that immigrants send home to the country, an idea that could decimate the Mexican economy and set up an unprecedented showdown between the United States and a key regional ally.
The proposal would jeopardize a stream of cash that many economists say is vital for Mexico’s struggling economy. But the feasibility of Trump’s plan is unclear both legally and politically, and it would test the bounds of a president’s executive powers in seeking to pressure another country.
originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: Bluesma
Trump is pretty great.
However, you're absolutely right in that keeping that corrupt hag out of office was my number one priority. Which is why I voted Bernie in the primary, and Trump in the general.
Anyone But Hillary = seconded
originally posted by: Kettu
So I had a little fun tonight after talking to a former Trump supporter. Initially this was a red "MAGA" hat wearing, rally-attending die hard fan. In the last year or so (more the last 2-3 months) he's completely done a 180 degree turn.
Citing a lack of campaign promises being met, constant lies, silly and petty "high school drama", and serious questions about the man's mental stability from moment to moment...he's reversed his opinion.
As we were talking, one thing became clear to me. This guy isn't a moron. He's not an idiot. He was swept up in some kind of "addiction" to something larger than himself that he willingly wanted to believe in.
He told me that it wasn't easy to turn away from "team Trump" as he put it. Most of his family, co-workers and friends are still chanting the same carbon-copied Trump talking points. The social pressure for him to remain a "true Trump fan" is and has been huge for him. He doesn't care anymore though, as the mounting evidence that Trump is simply not fit for the office of the presidency now outweighs any social stigma he may find himself with.
Just like an addict or alcoholic he found it difficult to "quit". He found himself being pulled back in by those around him. He said to me before I had to leave that it felt like he had taken off sunglasses while he was inside a house. Suddenly stuff was brighter and he could see better or something. He said it would be like if you wore sunglasses 24-7 for months on end, indoors and outdoors and suddenly took them off. It was weird and refreshing.
I've heard the same thing said about drug/alcohol addiction as well. I've heard that the initial push to quit is hard, but once over the hump and onto the "other side" things seem so much more clear. A "true" perspective of one's life can finally be seen.
So, because of that conversation I decided to re-write the famous AA "Twelve Steps" for those suffering from an addiction to Donald Trump.
I present to you all:
The Trump 12 Step Program
1. We admitted we were powerless over Trump—that our president had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a fair and egalitarian social contract greater than ourselves could restore us and our nation to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the pursit of facts and logic
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our political beliefs.
5. Admitted to the internet, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have facts, logic and reason remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked our friends, family, and community for help in removing our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed because of our addiction to Trump, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory of our political beliefs, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through research and study to improve our conscious contact with facts and logic, searching only for knowledge of the truth and reality at large.
12. Having had an ideological awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to Trump cultists, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
And there you have it -- 12 easy steps to regain your sanity and help truly make America great.
ADDED: You may find this easier to identify and ask for a sponsor. A sponsor should be someone who ISNT a Trump fan. This person can help you "work" through the above steps. Ask them questions, and answer their questions. Be honest, open and frank.
You can't work a program if you aren't being honest!
Check in with your sponsor as often as they ask you to as well -- sometimes it's just a "hey what's up?" and other times it might be a sit-down at a Denny's to go over a particular step and how you're planning on completing it.
It's totaly doable!