It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 12 Step Program For Trumpists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
So I had a little fun tonight after talking to a former Trump supporter. Initially this was a red "MAGA" hat wearing, rally-attending die hard fan. In the last year or so (more the last 2-3 months) he's completely done a 180 degree turn.

Citing a lack of campaign promises being met, constant lies, silly and petty "high school drama", and serious questions about the man's mental stability from moment to moment...he's reversed his opinion.

As we were talking, one thing became clear to me. This guy isn't a moron. He's not an idiot. He was swept up in some kind of "addiction" to something larger than himself that he willingly wanted to believe in.

He told me that it wasn't easy to turn away from "team Trump" as he put it. Most of his family, co-workers and friends are still chanting the same carbon-copied Trump talking points. The social pressure for him to remain a "true Trump fan" is and has been huge for him. He doesn't care anymore though, as the mounting evidence that Trump is simply not fit for the office of the presidency now outweighs any social stigma he may find himself with.

Just like an addict or alcoholic he found it difficult to "quit". He found himself being pulled back in by those around him. He said to me before I had to leave that it felt like he had taken off sunglasses while he was inside a house. Suddenly stuff was brighter and he could see better or something. He said it would be like if you wore sunglasses 24-7 for months on end, indoors and outdoors and suddenly took them off. It was weird and refreshing.

I've heard the same thing said about drug/alcohol addiction as well. I've heard that the initial push to quit is hard, but once over the hump and onto the "other side" things seem so much more clear. A "true" perspective of one's life can finally be seen.

So, because of that conversation I decided to re-write the famous AA "Twelve Steps" for those suffering from an addiction to Donald Trump.

I present to you all:

The Trump 12 Step Program

1. We admitted we were powerless over Trump—that our president had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that a fair and egalitarian social contract greater than ourselves could restore us and our nation to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the pursit of facts and logic

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of our political beliefs.

5. Admitted to the internet, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to have facts, logic and reason remove all these defects of character.

7. Humbly asked our friends, family, and community for help in removing our shortcomings.

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed because of our addiction to Trump, and became willing to make amends to them all.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.

10. Continued to take personal inventory of our political beliefs, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through research and study to improve our conscious contact with facts and logic, searching only for knowledge of the truth and reality at large.

12. Having had an ideological awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to Trump cultists, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

And there you have it -- 12 easy steps to regain your sanity and help truly make America great.

ADDED: You may find this easier to identify and ask for a sponsor. A sponsor should be someone who ISNT a Trump fan. This person can help you "work" through the above steps. Ask them questions, and answer their questions. Be honest, open and frank.

You can't work a program if you aren't being honest!

Check in with your sponsor as often as they ask you to as well -- sometimes it's just a "hey what's up?" and other times it might be a sit-down at a Denny's to go over a particular step and how you're planning on completing it.

It's totaly doable!
edit on 25-11-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

+89 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Jesus, are you guys still this butt hurt?
How sad.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Jesus, are you guys still this butt hurt?
How sad.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

I can see you haven't committed yourself to working the first step.

You can't force someone to get help, they have to want it for themselves. Maybe you'll get there in time!

+64 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Nobody cares...get over it and live your life instead of telling other people how to live theirs.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: caf1550
Nobody cares...get over it and live your life instead of telling other people how to live theirs.

Why not offer help if there's a way to do so?

+50 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Are you sure it isn't you with an addiction?

I can help..

for a monthly rate of $199.99, PM if interested.

+34 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

hahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

BWAH-HAHAHAHAHAAHA!

Please, stop it! I can't breathe! HAHAHAHAHA!

TheRedneck

+30 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Check in with your sponsor as often as they ask you to as well -

You've obviously have been checking in with your handler. Puppet? Who pulls your strings?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
so many political threads, and not one has a clue.
WAKE UP!!!!

+49 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

What issues do you have with his policies?

Why would you be against lower taxes?

Why do you want to ban guns?

What is it about freedoms and liberties that terrify you so much?

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
We never really had control over any president, including Obama. I kind of wish Hillary would of won just so people could have seen how bad she would have screwed up. She would blame everyone else if things went wrong, firing anyone who did not agree with her completely. Comey wouldn't have lasted a week if she would have won.

+30 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Guys, maybe he’s actually on a 12 step program to admitting that Hillary lost and this is the best way of coping with it.

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I'll take that bet after reading the title and first line. The "person" cited in this thread does not exist outside of a wounded imagination.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This thread is great.

Attempting to help people that have a problem that doesn't exist.

About normal for these days.
edit on R292017-11-25T23:29:00-06:00k2911Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Trump was the best alternative.

I take it you obviously think Hillary, who defended a child rapist among other things, is a better choice.

Most normal people do not defend child rapists or support them.
That speaks to your morals and beliefs.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

A public defender who is assigned a child rapist will defend a child rapist. It's how our legal system works.

edit on 11/25/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

I can see you haven't committed yourself to working the first step.

The way I see it I don't have a problem.

In fact it seems a the left has a serious case of "my momma spanked me syndrome"

I can handle Trumps twitter rants.

What I cant handle is the constant whining from the left.

Will it ever end?
edit on 25-11-2017 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: M5xaz

A public defender who is assigned a child rapist will defend a child rapist. It's how our legal system works.

But you would be okay with someone defending a child rapist who knows in their heart that the person who is accused did indeed commit the crime?
edit on R352017-11-25T23:35:53-06:00k3511Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

And there you have it -- 12 easy steps to regain your sanity and help truly make America great.
Coming from some one who is clearly unstable!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join