It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much money is enough money for one person

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The rich used to make businesses and supply jobs for the working man before, now they import everything instead of creating factory jobs. I worked for a while at Kohler, it was a decent job. Go to work, get paid well with bennies, and you did not have to take your work home with you. It was warm there and the work kept you in good shape usually, no need for paying for a gym membership. Working conditions were good too. Poor people in China, they don't have nearly as much employee protection rules there and their air is bad when all the factories are over there. The rich make a lot of money utilizing the cheap labor there and jacking up the price here. They also got real rich on oil speculation, I should say pillaging, they never lost money and always made oodles on jacking up the price of the oil. It was not the oil companies that made all the money, but the people running them did make oodles in speculation too.

Mineral deposits have always been a good investment.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The money is circulating. It is invested in other companies.... venture capital, private equity, etc. Again, they arent just sitting on it. Pretty much all money in a bank is being reinvested.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
half a billion dollars...

There should be a 'new world order' type of policy, which applies to every country in the world, which prohibits anyone person being worth more than $500 million.

It would close the gap on wealth equality significantly and create a massive rise in the amount of 'comfortable middle class' people in the world. While still allowing the filthy rich, to remain filthy rich...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
The money is circulating. It is invested in other companies.... venture capital, private equity, etc. Again, they arent just sitting on it. Pretty much all money in a bank is being reinvested.

Large quantities of money corrupts one's soul.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Some people are just worth more than others I guess

What is it that defines a person's worth?

I understand the point you are making. If money is what someone truly desires what stops them from getting it? Contention is the key. Desire is walking through the door.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Edumakated

The problems I see with that is those billions of dollars are not circulating back into the economy, therefor that hoarded wealth becomes destructive.

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

It depends on what value you place on that money.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Whatever amount you're happy with. The measure of a person isn't in how much crap they can stack up around themselves.

Everything we have is borrowed. When we leave this planet all we take are our experiences.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Most of it is circulated through investments.

Care to back that statement up with some facts?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

a reply to: Edumakated

The problems I see with that is those billions of dollars are not circulating back into the economy, therefor that hoarded wealth becomes destructive.

My thoughts exactly.

It is an incorrect thought...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I don't know.

How much is the threshold for you to start complaining about what someone else has that you don't?

For example, I note that you say the average women's wage is $48K. I make nowhere near that, but so what? I am content with what I have and make and begrudge those women none of what they are earning.

At the same time, my husband makes a bit more than the average man's wage. Does that mean he makes too much?

Or are you content that between the two of us, we still aren't pulling in a six digit amount?

And, btw, who appointed you arbiter of what constitutes "enough"?

You are aware, I am sure, that enough to a family in New York is a far different figure than "enough" for a family in a state like Florida or West Virginia or California? Right? Sometimes a significant difference because those states all have different economies.

Oh, and envy is just as ugly as greed. Perhaps you should be more concerned with what is enough for you and yours and not what is too much, in your opinion, for someone else.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

The rich used to make businesses and supply jobs for the working man before, now they import everything instead of creating factory jobs. I worked for a while at Kohler, it was a decent job. Go to work, get paid well with bennies, and you did not have to take your work home with you. It was warm there and the work kept you in good shape usually, no need for paying for a gym membership. Working conditions were good too. Poor people in China, they don't have nearly as much employee protection rules there and their air is bad when all the factories are over there. The rich make a lot of money utilizing the cheap labor there and jacking up the price here. They also got real rich on oil speculation, I should say pillaging, they never lost money and always made oodles on jacking up the price of the oil. It was not the oil companies that made all the money, but the people running them did make oodles in speculation too.

I invest in multiminerals to take in the morning, I feel better, best investment I have ever made.

I would rather not invest in a company of gold diggers.

link   

Facts? Are you serious? You have never heard of investing?

link   

Then you should have no trouble in providing some links for us to all to see where this money is actually going.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I invest in multiminerals to take in the morning, I feel better, best investment I have ever made.

I would rather not invest in a company of gold diggers.

Why? They can make you money and you don't have to do the digging. It will be done whether you invest in it or not. Why not make some money?

link   

Facts? Are you serious? You have never heard of investing?

If the money is being invested... Where? Prove it if you can.

link   

Wealthy people compare the money they have against others in their own class.

The don't say I have way more than poor people, they say I don't have as much as that person.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Go look up family office investments... read a little and educate yourself.

Better yet learn basic banking and you'd see how absurd it is to think they are hoarding money.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

It depends on what value you place on that money.

Even with that...I stand by my statement.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Found your missing money. Complete with diving duck in top hat. /sarc

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join