It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Castro Warns Chavez That His Life is in Danger

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Fidel Castro warns President Hugo Chavez of Venezuela that his life is in danger and the United States government is planning an attempt on his life. "If Chavez is assassinated, the responsibility will lie entirely with the president of the United States," Castro said.
Castro also made remarks that the left leaning "revolution" threatens the interests of powerful people who tried to oust him with a short-lived coup in 2002 and several political campaigns against him.

story.news.yahoo.com
HAVANA - Fidel Castro warned that the life of leftist Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is in danger, and said he would blame the United States if his close friend and ally is killed.

Castro's remarks came during a six-hour speech that lasted until 4 a.m. Saturday and closed an international globalization conference in Havana attended by hundreds of economists.

"If Chavez is assassinated, the responsibility will lie entirely with the president of the United States," Castro said, neglecting to provide details, but noting that President Bush has encouraged Chavez's opponents in the past.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It seems logical that we'd have plans to assassinate him in accordance with past problems we've created with President Hugo Chavez's administration. Ofcourse, Castro is correct that we'd assassinate Cheavez, but Castro is aligning himself with Chavez to achieve a stronger allegiance against the United States in South America so that he may have more political and economic power, or "political capital" as Bush puts it.
We all know that no government is honest and government is controlled by powerful people, if you can't get that through your mind then don't post. These "powerful" people that would have leaders assassinated are in every government and country, and can just because Castro points a finger at the US doesn't mean we are the only ones that do this. It is a simple reality that if our (US) interests (economic, geopolitical) are at stake because of someone or something, we will take it or them "out" to insure our own stability. It's a simple matter of self-preservation.

(I wonder if Ted Turner can pull some strings to give Castro air-time again, LOL! For those of you that remember that.)

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Maybe Castro is leary because of the attempts on his life.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well I will not be surprised after the failed coup.

The April 11, 2002 military coup in Venezuela was supported by the United States government. As early as last June, American military attaches had been in touch with members of the Venezuelan military to examine the possibility of a coup. During the coup, U.S military were stationed at the Colombia-Venezuela border to provide support, and to evacuate U.S. citizens if there were problems. According to intelligence analyst, Wayne Madsen, the CIA actively organized the coup. "The CIA provided Special Operations Group personnel, headed by a lieutenant colonel on loan from the U.S. Special Operations Command at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, to help organize the coup against Chavez,” he said.

www.projectcensored.org...

I will not be surprised if an attempt to his life goes next.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I doubt that they will do a direct assasination. Its too obvious and way to public. It will a a long term CIA, DIA or that new group Rumsfield controlls that will start an insurgency up again in the region.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The new bio-nano weapons make assassination a snap. They can even be genetically engineered for the target - to look like a heart attack, flu, whatever.

I'd say this is dead on. Chavez is bringing democracy to Latin America, and threatening the established corporate world order. You don't mess with these guys. They get ya.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I give him a 60% chance of survival as long as he stays in the news. I don't see us taking him out until
1. The fact that we want him dead starts to be forgotten.
2. We are ready to rig their elections and avoid international scrutiny in so doing.

If Brazil spearheads election monitoring efforts for the UN and says it's crooked it will go the same way as Ukraine.
I think that as long as Chavez has friends America can't touch him unless we're willing to invade and occupy.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Actually Bush directly does not like him very much,

Because of the close relationship that many of Venezuela’s wealthy have with the United States, the coup took place with little opposition from Venezuela’s long-established business and political community. The Bush administration was quick to endorse the change in government, which put Pedro Carmona, a wealthy businessman and former business associate of George Bush Sr., into office. Carmona's first move as president was to "dissolve the Constitution, national legislature, Supreme Court, attorney general's office, and comptroller's office."

As you see the US as usual favor the wealthy corporations that sure will bring good friendly advantage to the elite.

But because Chavez is for the people he had the support that Mr. Carmona did not.

I really think it will be an attempt to his life before the bush administration finish this next 4 years.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i would like to see what people who are in favor of Chavez in these forums would say if president Bush ever claimed that he would have liked it very much if Hitler was his friend, that Hitler is his mentor even in death, and he is an example for the whole nation.....

This is exactly what Chavez is saying about another dictator...fidel castro...

I am just amazed that so many people ignore Chavez's claims and quotes, yet they are willing to believe the worse things about the US president.....

[edit on 13-2-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I need some help from you guys. I've forgotten what you call that law that states that the first person to bring up Hitler has lost the argument. It seems to get quoted so much around here.

What was it called again?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
I need some help from you guys. I've forgotten what you call that law that states that the first person to bring up Hitler has lost the argument. It seems to get quoted so much around here.

What was it called again?

So i guess castro is not a dictator?....

Are you going to tell me that castro is a good man and not a dictator to the likes of hitler himself?....

BTW....the left also likes to bring up McCarthyism everytime someone even hints and shows evidence that liberal ideas are somehow extremely similar to communist ideas....

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Are you going to tell me that castro is a good man and not a dictator to the likes of hitler himself?....

Short answer, no.

As I have already gone to great trouble to explain to you before, I would never presume to tell you anything about Castro.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
i would like to see what people who are in favor of Chavez in these forums would say if president Bush ever claimed that he would have liked it very much if Hitler was his friend, that Hitler is his mentor even in death, and he is an example for the whole nation.....

This is exactly what Chavez is saying about another dictator...fidel castro...

I am just amazed that so many people ignore Chavez's claims and quotes, yet they are willing to believe the worse things about the US president.....

Chavez said something nice about Fidel Castro because Fidel Castro is helping Venezuela. Big deal.

I'm really not a Bush basher believe it or not, but let me just list a few things that Bush has done which Chavez has not.

Invade another country.
Propose the development of new nuclear weapons.
Set up a secret police force.
Set up a prison system which does not answer to the courts or civilian authorities.

And this list goes on, and on, and on. So let's try to get something straight- just because his nation has dealings with Castro doesn't make Chavez evil incarnate. Remember the pictures of Rumsfeld with Saddam? Remember Bush's financial dealings with the Bin Ladens? Remember Prescott Bush's financial ties to the Nazis? Bush had an Enron employee for Secretary of the Army (Richard White). An Enron advisor has been nominated for deputy secretary of state (Robert Zoellick) etc etc etc.
So, does America need regime change too, or should we let the people of Venezuela keep their DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED president whom they saved from a US backed coup?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Short answer, no.

As I have already gone to great trouble to explain to you before, I would never presume to tell you anything about Castro.

Then what do you say about a person that sees a dictator as an example for a whole country, and who boasts that this dictator is his friend and mentor?

Can you truly say that when a president says he is a friend of a dictator, and sees this dictator as an example for his country, and this dictator is not only his friend but a mentor....is that a good thing? is that something to be proud of?.....

Not only that, but what are you to think if this president, not only says what I mentioned above, but if he takes his country in the exact same direction, and used the same tactics that the other dictator used to have total control of his country?..... Is that a good thing?....

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think that perhaps Chavez says nice things about Castro because Castro has ties to people who can get him trade and money for his country. He may also say it because Castro has kept the US out of Cuba with macho posturing, so why wouldn't Chavez try the same?

As for the details, I tried to have this discussion with you on another thread. You kept shifting the topic to Cuba, and it became very obvious to me that this is a topic that you have a huge emotional investment in, and you are unable to view it objectively. As you dodged my direct questions, and stopped responding to my reasoned responses and counter-arguments, I refuse to get into a pointless discussion with you on this topic again.

I have better things to do on my day off.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
And this list goes on, and on, and on. So let's try to get something straight- just because his nation has dealings with Castro doesn't make Chavez evil incarnate. Remember the pictures of Rumsfeld with Saddam? Remember Bush's financial dealings with the Bin Ladens? Remember Prescott Bush's financial ties to the Nazis? Bush had an Enron employee for Secretary of the Army (Richard White). An Enron advisor has been nominated for deputy secretary of state (Robert Zoellick) etc etc etc.
So, does America need regime change too, or should we let the people of Venezuela keep their DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED president whom they saved from a US backed coup?

Vagabond...all those points have already been covered....

First of all, show me proof that president Bush had financial dealings with Osama Bin Laden..... or that those other Bin Ladens with whom the U.S. and other countries in the world had some financial dealings had anything to do with Osama, except the last name...

Tell us exactly why Rumsfeld shaked hands with Saddam, and do tell us what is the procedure that all diplomats take when they are visiting and talk to presidents and other diplomats around the world....

Do show us evidence that Rumsfeld ever said Saddam was an example for the people of the U.S....or show us when Rumsfeld say that Saddam was his mentor...

What "Prescott Bush's financial ties to the Nazis?".....

Prescott Bush was one of the directors of a bank where a Nazi was doing business..... Even today...go to a bank and deposit $5,000 dollars, or any money you want and see if they ask you how you made that money......

BTW...did i forget to mention that we were attacked, that evidence came from Spain which pointed to the fact that at least one of the terrorists involved in 9/11 had a direct link to the Iraqi embassy...and do remember that even the Russians did tell us that Saddam was already planning on making terrorist attacks on the US right after 9/11... among some other evidence which some people are obviously ignoring.....

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I think that perhaps Chavez says nice things about Castro because Castro has ties to people who can get him trade and money for his country. He may also say it because Castro has kept the US out of Cuba with macho posturing, so why wouldn't Chavez try the same?

I have better things to do on my day off.

Well Duzey we all know that Castro days are outnumbered and that his regimes is at its end, Chavez is pulling the US leg when he goes against everything that the US despised.

What will anybody do, when you have a powerful nation as US trying to overthrow the will of the people in a small country like Venezuela.

But at the end Chavez better be careful because his macho demeanor is going to have him kill.

And it will no be by his own people.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Oh...i forgot...in Ukraine they also had a DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED president..... did they not?....

There is a large majority of people in Venezuela who are protesting against Chavez, more than people who protest against president Bush in the US....

Venezuela: One million march against Chavez

On Thursday, more than one million people from all over Venezuela concentrated in the capital, Caracas, to express their discontent against the government of President Hugo Chavez.

Independent sources placed the number of demonstrators at between 1.2 million and 2 million, while official sources refused to estimate the number. During a confrontation between pro- and anti-Chavez demonstrators, a man was killed, shot in the head.

The demonstration was called by the group ?Democratic Coordinator¦, which unites all political formations which want President Chavez to resign.

Excerpted from.
english.pravda.ru...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It seems the original poster has been put on global ignore.

This kind of makes the whole thread pointless to those of us just tuning in.

Can a mod fix this?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
When Castro started the revolution he wanted to oust a corrupt and oppressive dictator. What what point did he realize that he only replaced him and was now the same man he took power from. When Stalin took power from the Czar did he want to become the most brutal dictator in histoy or did his original vision of being a russian george Washington get corrupted by his absolute power?
There were some who wanted to make Washington King but Washington and others said we just faught to oust a king. Why would we want to have one here. Thankfully the Founders had more wisdom then the assclowns of today.
What would the world be like today if the USA were a Monarchy. Would the french revolted? Would there still be slaves in America? Would we have expanded across to the Pacific or would the french kept the Louisianna teritory? Would Canada still be a colony under France & UK rule? Would the french and Britts still be having a war every 20 or so years over the Canadian territories and other colonies around the world? Would the Russians kept Alaska and gone south through Western Canada as far as North West US? Would there be a North West US or would Spain/Mexico and Russia faught a war over the western US? Would we be called the UKA (United Kingdom of America)? Would we have a Queen ruling today or sometime in ourpast? Would we become like England and france colonizing other countries? Would we have an empire in South America now or would Spain still have Florida,Caribian, Mexico and South America? Would Spain allie its self with England to oust the french from the west hoping to take the UKA from the American King and would france and the UKA form an aliance and oust Spain and England from here.? Would Spain Still control Mexico, South America and the Pacific or would they have lost it to a dutch, German, Russian and Portugese cololition? Would Austraila still be just a prison camp for the UK? Would the Czars still rule Russia or would the Prussian,french and Dutch formed an empire that spread east to China taking Russia to Siberia? Would the UK fallen to the french,German and Dutch empire and the Monarchy removed? Would the Persians and Turks be at war over the middle east? Would Israel exhist or would the jews been killed off? Would China and India fight a joint revolution to oust European rule and transform into an Empire of 12 billion spreading west like Kahn.? So what would it be like if Washington was made king after the American revolution?

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
When Castro started the revolution he wanted to oust a corrupt and oppressive dictator. What what point did he realize that he only replaced him and was now the same man he took power from. When Stalin took power from the Czar did he want to become the most brutal dictator in histoy or did his original vision of being a russian george Washington get corrupted by his absolute power?
There were some who wanted to make Washington King but Washington and others said we just faught to oust a king. Why would we want to have one here. Thankfully the Founders had more wisdom then the assclowns of today.
What would the world be like today if the USA were a Monarchy. Would the french revolted? Would there still be slaves in America? Would we have expanded across to the Pacific or would the french kept the Louisianna teritory? Would Canada still be a colony under France & UK rule? Would the french and Britts still be having a war every 20 or so years over the Canadian territories and other colonies around the world? Would the Russians kept Alaska and gone south through Western Canada as far as North West US? Would there be a North West US or would Spain/Mexico and Russia faught a war over the western US? Would we be called the UKA (United Kingdom of America)? Would we have a Queen ruling today or sometime in ourpast? Would we become like England and france colonizing other countries? Would we have an empire in South America now or would Spain still have Florida,Caribian, Mexico and South America? Would Spain allie its self with England to oust the french from the west hoping to take the UKA from the American King and would france and the UKA form an aliance and oust Spain and England from here.? Would Spain Still control Mexico, South America and the Pacific or would they have lost it to a dutch, German, Russian and Portugese cololition? Would Austraila still be just a prison camp for the UK? Would the Czars still rule Russia or would the Prussian,french and Dutch formed an empire that spread east to China taking Russia to Siberia? Would the UK fallen to the french,German and Dutch empire and the Monarchy removed? Would the Persians and Turks be at war over the middle east? Would Israel exhist or would the jews been killed off? Would China and India fight a joint revolution to oust European rule and transform into an Empire of 12 billion spreading west like Kahn.? So what would it be like if Washington was made king after the American revolution?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join