It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Football. Oklahoma against Alabama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I really hope that OU gets a chance to cream Alabama. IMO Oklahoma would win by a long shot. Your thoughts ATS?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
I really hope that OU gets a chance to cream Alabama. IMO Oklahoma would win by a long shot. Your thoughts ATS?

Vegas sports book....

www.vegasinsider.com...

I'm such a sucker for the long shots....

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Bama didn't look that good today. Oklahoma has been looking pretty darn good. I give this match up to Oklahoma. Bama may not even get in the playoffs after today. They are going to need some help next weekend.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
SEC and Big 12 play two different kinds of football.

In the SEC, they tend to play a more traditional, grind it out heavy duty defensive style. They have the big boys with all the big toys. In the Big 12, it's more of a high-flying offense, gun slinger style.

I imagine that Oklahoma will come out swinging, but Alabama will be able to wear them down over time in most scenarios.

It's a strategy K-State relies on and it works surprisingly often for them. Where they differ enormously from Alabama is that K-State is a small school that doesn't have the marquis ability pull the type of talent Alabama does. Now, retool that traditional style with the blue chip athletes Alabama has ... and you have a very different scenario.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman. I really think Oklahoma has one of the best teams to ever play college ball that I have seen. Today has been a great day of football and emotions across the board. I also can't wait for the Heisman ceremony Dec 10

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko OSU is a great team this year but I am talking about the Sooners. Which is not a small school. But you are correct about the SEC and the BIG 12.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko OSU is a great team this year but I am talking about the Sooners. Which is not a small school. But you are correct about the SEC and the BIG 12.

You didn't read what I said.

I watch the Big 12. I recall a year where everyone was sure that OU was the best team ever. They still have to play TCU to make it out of the league and into they playoffs.

Last time everyone was saying that. OU got their butts handed to them in the Big 12 Champ game 35-7 or something like it.

TCU is no patsy.

However, I am well aware of OU's ability. They have it going for them right now, but they are also playing teams that are light on defense and Alabama's defense typically allows around 10 points per game with a few exceptions. Certainly, it's rare to see anyone score more than 20 on them.

Meanwhile, OU relies on winning shootouts in true Big 12 style.

The battle at the line will decide the night is what I am saying. I think Alabama will do it.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko Oh I got ya now. But I will disagree on you about the Sooners not beating Alabama. Alabama is a great team but I do not believe they could beat OU this year. And how dare you bring up that loss. It still hurts. Either way all the games next week will be fun to watch.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What happened last time OU played Bama in the Sugar bowl?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Oh, I bring up that loss because it was one of the sweetest thing ever to see ... much like that lost to Texas A&M in the Big 12 Champ was one of the hardest things ever to see.

Maybe you have a rough idea where my alumni allegiance goes to now.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko Ahhhh I see
If you are watching the Clemson game then what a rare treat that was. Personal foul on the head coach. Very rare but very funny.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Different year. Different team. Different coach.

I'm not saying OU can't win, only that I think Alabama has a good shot of winning the battle at the line based on what I've seen of OU this year. If they do and keep OU contained, then they can grind it out and win because they will likely wear OU down.

Big 12 teams depend on keeping the game moving quickly. Play ball control on them successfully and force the battle into the trenches rather than into a shootout, and they can get worn down where you can push them all over the field.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

At the end of the day its about who has the most points. OU went into the shoe and dominated .

The way Ou and especially Mayfield is playing you better score 50 and you might still lose.

It was 45 -10 at halftime today. And TCU was 38-10 at half. And TCU has one tough defense.
edit on 25-11-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Any game will be better than the entire Husker season . . .

Tryin hard not to be a fairweather fan, but jesus.
I turned so many games off before they finished this year. . .

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
Any game will be better than the entire Husker season . . .

Tryin hard not to be a fairweather fan, but jesus.
I turned so many games off before they finished this year. . .

Im surprised Ozbourne hasnt pulled a Bill Snyder.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Easy to run up the score when you're playing a team built like West Virginia. All Oklahoma has to do is be a bit bigger and faster then their opponents.

Do you think they're bigger and faster than most of the top shelf SEC teams and the top shelf recruits?

I'm telling you that when you get a football team that is well versed in the old school smash mouth, it is surprisingly effective against the light-weight speed teams that like to spread you out.

The PAC 12 has taken speed games to new heights, especially the Oregon Ducks, but Stanford has been a wrecking ball in that league. Know why? They play well versed, disciplined smash mouth ball - SEC style ball. They win the battle in the trenches.

And I think that Alabama has a good chance if they play their style of game and play ball control against OU. If they let OU get ahead of them and turn it into a shootout, then OU can do it.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I agree that 'them Sooners' look the better team. The trouble is on any given day, with the overall balance, anyone can win on any given day.
edit on 26-11-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker This season has been a crazy one. Anything can happen but that's why we watch right! And to point out to Katsuko Alabama doesn't have a very strong schedule this season. Neither does OU but OU has proven to be the best this year and I don't see them losing. Mayfield has turned his attitude into something unseen in college football. I hope he keeps it and I hope he gives all his effort in winning and helping Murray become a legend. And yes I believe Murray will be one of the greats.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

a reply to: nwtrucker This season has been a crazy one. Anything can happen but that's why we watch right! And to point out to Katsuko Alabama doesn't have a very strong schedule this season. Neither does OU but OU has proven to be the best this year and I don't see them losing. Mayfield has turned his attitude into something unseen in college football. I hope he keeps it and I hope he gives all his effort in winning and helping Murray become a legend. And yes I believe Murray will be one of the greats.

Could be. I haven't seen him play. I have seen Darnold several times and He'd be my choice for eventual greatness. Perhaps both.

top topics

join