It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gowdy now has the highest security clearance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I LIKE THAT GUY. very INTELLIGENT

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

a reply to: Tekaran

I used to think that there might be some in DC with integrity.

But after the rapey-slush-hush-fund, they can all go #### themselves.

Sorry.

But I am disgusted with everyone in congress.

What do you think about Trey Gowdy?

He must have known about the slush fund.

Maybe he's even one of the 213 congressmen that have used it.

No one gets a pass.

Got anything to back that up?

Nope.

But I can't believe that he didn't know about it.

Yeah hard to believe but it’s not impossible. However I do agree, no one gets a pass.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The absolute state of ATS...

When Right Wing ATS posters send their threads, they're not sending their best. They're not sending reliable content. They're sending a lot of content that has a lot of problems with the truth, and they're bringing those problems to us. They're bringing fake news. They're bringing strawmen. They're serial logical fallacy abusers. And some, I assume, are good people.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
First things first, I'm from Scotland so don't know the inner working of the US security levels. That being said, I always thought Yankee White was just a classification required when working in the White House, or with/for the President and Vice-President.

In the UK we would call it a strap, you first need Security Clearance, and then get a strap for a specific purpose. Having Yankee White doesn't give anyone the keys to the kingdom as everything is compartmentalised, this means a strap is required for every Secret/Top Secret project or programme.

I can think of no reason, ever, that one person would have clearance for everything, its far to dangerous, and won't happen.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: DBCowboy

I’m sure most of congress knows about the slush fund because it’s used for a number of things, not just sexual harassment claims. Congress has to allocate money for the fund so I mean....

Yep.

So no congress person is off the hook.

All scumbags.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Meh. Practically every organization has money set aside to settle claims. I feel like "screw every employee ever, everywhere, because their company has money set aside to deal with workplace claims" is a pretty silly thing to say if you're going to set the bar that low.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
Gowdy Security Clearance

So now he has the ability to sit in on presidential briefings if he so choses. Apparently his first order of business is looking into the Bengazi incident. Things should start to get even more interesting. Go get 'em Gowdy!!

The source quoted is The Last Line of defense, which clearly says that it's a satire site.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Meh. Practically every organization has money set aside to settle claims. I feel like "screw every employee ever, everywhere, because their company has money set aside to deal with workplace claims" is a pretty silly thing to say if you're going to set the bar that low.

True, but not every company has the ability to set laws, place themselves as moral authority figures.

You're a cop, I'm going to place you at a different standard than I would my plumber, simply because your profession demands a higher level of personal responsibility.

Same way as my profession. I'm a director, I have a different standard I have to adhere to than my employees do.

My thinking is, if you don't want to be held to a high level of accountability, then become a ditch digger.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
Gowdy Security Clearance

So now he has the ability to sit in on presidential briefings if he so choses. Apparently his first order of business is looking into the Bengazi incident. Things should start to get even more interesting. Go get 'em Gowdy!!

Go Rowdy Goudy!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

And I get that. I'm just not willing to put one Congressman with, as far as we know, no scandals lurking in the wings on the same level as another Congressman who has scandals and has made use of the a) slush fund and b) the ridiculous process to report sexual harassment simply because they work in the same building.

That's no different than telling a cop he's dirty because he works for an agency that has dirty cops on the payroll and he likely knows those dirty cops and heard rumors about them and didn't "do something" about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Does he ride a white horse and have really shiny armour?
Do ladies swoon when he passes?

So misogynistic!

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheOneElectric
The absolute state of ATS...

When Right Wing ATS posters send their threads, they're not sending their best. They're not sending reliable content. They're sending a lot of content that has a lot of problems with the truth, and they're bringing those problems to us. They're bringing fake news. They're bringing strawmen. They're serial logical fallacy abusers. And some, I assume, are good people.

WOW!!...Reading this thread is crazy. It took me less than 3 seconds to find out this was a HOAX

Fake News: President Trump Did NOT Make Trey Gowdy The Most Powerful Man On Capitol Hill
hoax-alert.leadstories.com...

An article titled "President Trump Just Made Trey Gowdy The Most Powerful Man On Capitol Hill" was published by satirical fake news website The Resistance: The Last Line of Defense and was picked up by several hyperpartisan and straight up fake news sites.
edit on 27-11-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Yea, and here we are four pages and multiple "it's satire/fake" comments in and people are still cheering as if this actually happened.

Deny ignorance or something I guess.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I see your point.

But from now on, I'd rather "trust but verify" before I place my support anywhere.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here is an excerpt from Daniel Ellsberg’s book, "Secrets"...

"Henry, there's something I would like to tell you, for what it's worth, something I wish I had been told years ago. You've been a consultant for a long time, and you've dealt a great deal with top secret information. But you're about to receive a whole slew of special clearances, maybe fifteen or twenty of them, that are higher than top secret.

"I've had a number of these myself, and I've known other people who have just acquired them, and I have a pretty good sense of what the effects of receiving these clearances are on a person who didn't previously know they even existed. And the effects of reading the information that they will make available to you.

"First, you'll be exhilarated by some of this new information, and by having it all — so much! incredible! — suddenly available to you. But second, almost as fast, you will feel like a fool for having studied, written, talked about these subjects, criticized and analyzed decisions made by presidents for years without having known of the existence of all this information, which presidents and others had and you didn't, and which must have influenced their decisions in ways you couldn't even guess. In particular, you'll feel foolish for having literally rubbed shoulders for over a decade with some officials and consultants who did have access to all this information you didn't know about and didn't know they had, and you'll be stunned that they kept that secret from you so well.

"You will feel like a fool, and that will last for about two weeks. Then, after you've started reading all this daily intelligence input and become used to using what amounts to whole libraries of hidden information, which is much more closely held than mere top secret data, you will forget there ever was a time when you didn't have it, and you'll be aware only of the fact that you have it now and most others don't....and that all those other people are fools.

"Over a longer period of time — not too long, but a matter of two or three years — you'll eventually become aware of the limitations of this information. There is a great deal that it doesn't tell you, it's often inaccurate, and it can lead you astray just as much as the New York Times can. But that takes a while to learn.

"In the meantime it will have become very hard for you to learn from anybody who doesn't have these clearances. Because you'll be thinking as you listen to them: 'What would this man be telling me if he knew what I know? Would he be giving me the same advice, or would it totally change his predictions and recommendations?' And that mental exercise is so torturous that after a while you give it up and just stop listening. I've seen this with my superiors, my colleagues....and with myself.

"You will deal with a person who doesn't have those clearances only from the point of view of what you want him to believe and what impression you want him to go away with, since you'll have to lie carefully to him about what you know. In effect, you will have to manipulate him. You'll give up trying to assess what he has to say. The danger is, you'll become something like a moron. You'll become incapable of learning from most people in the world, no matter how much experience they may have in their particular areas that may be much greater than yours."

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
hopefully someone very powerful gets his back and the Clinton crime cabal doesn't get to him first

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join