It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Could Ban Just One Word... What Would it be?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Just having fun here folks. Choose wisely... or not.

The word I'm going with is "mine".

The reason I've chosen this word is because it's also a concept and one of the first things we teach our children. I think the world would be a much different and better place if we just stopped doing that.

People who pull resources out of the ground will just have to come up with something else.

Hi Ya...I'd ban the word "BAN". 'Cause it denotes censorship. Have a great night

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Word or ban those are my choices. Ok I see some people already beat me to the punch. Get rid the word "of" just to mess things up.

edit on 26-11-2017 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Bestie. You mean to indicate you're not grown up enough to say "best friend" or "closest friend", so you go pre-school on everyone.

originally posted by: Ameilia

Appy. It makes me sweat and want to strangle people. Are you a toddler? No? SPEAK LIKE A FARKING ADULT.

That one's aggravating, too. "My bestie and I went out for drinks and appys last night, yay!" Good for you, ya overgrown toddler.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The 'C' word for female genitalia. It makes me physically wince and I find it is the most offensive word ever, though I can't explain why that is. I am saddened and grate annoyed at its more and more frequent inclusion in films and tv series, where it would NEVER be allowed before, and as a result is greatly creeping into YouTube vids, even ones kids watch, and social media and being banded about by teenagers like it is an every day word. Maybe it is my paranoia, but I feel there is some kind of shadow hand pushing this kind of behavioural change in society and acceptance of things that were taboo.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
People would not be allowed to start every discussion with the word "so".

If you haven't noticed that, pay attention. Everybody starts their discussion with..."So..."

Yes, that!
I am always amazed because the sentences seems o much more adult and are perfectly worded without the 'so'.
Definitively one of my pet hate words. The other one that actually drives me nuts is when people use 'of' instead of 'have'.
The rest I can just let slip when it's said.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

you said "appropriated", and I asked whats your point

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

It was a joke...sorry,

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

My wife rarely uses it but saves it for that special idiot that crosses her business life. I reckon it a great word coming out of a womans mouth.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
"like". Not the whole word, just the context where people - mainly Americans, but spreading to the UK in the younger population - litter sentences with 'like'... I'm like not really ... like this is so ...

I am tempted to say ban the word 'awesome' too. Everything seems to be awesome, even if it *like* not so awesome.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

What do you mean?

Then how would people construct a proper sentence?

We would of ... or We could of ... or We should of ...

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight I think for most women it is the end of your tether last resort word. I cannot lie, it has occasionally slipped from my lips where upon I immediately feel shocked and ashamed and give myself a telling off.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

What do you mean?

Then how would people construct a proper sentence?

We would of ... or We could of ... or We should of ...

That's what I was going for.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Woke

Grrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

"Puck".

Now hold on there, Mister. Leave Shakespeare out of this one.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

"Censorship" cause iam against it

edit on 26-11-2017 by IAMNOTYOU because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

edit on 26-11-2017 by Liquesence because: Meh

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

"Utilize."

People use it (utilize it) when they're on a high horse about something. Total workplace bs jargon. It's even worse than "implement" as a verb.

I had a roommate in college who didn't like it when we put bowls of leftovers in the fridge. She left an oddly angry note on the cupboard to "utilize Tupperware receptacles" instead. Laughed my ass off. It's still funny, in fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join