It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsweek: Bernie Sanders will face Trump in 2020

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
According to top Democratic strategists, Sanders is leading the pack of 2020's Democratic candidates.

The survey, conducted by The Hill, reveals a Democratic field crowded with old faces. At a time when the party could use some fresh blood, most contenders for commander-in-chief have been around for decades. Sanders, who will be 79 years old in 2020, currently leads the pack.

“His people have never gone away,” Democratic strategist Brad Bannon told The Hill. “And he has a loyal core following out there that will be with him come hell or high water.” Sanders is the most popular politician in America, with an approval rating of 75 percent, according to a recent Harvard-Harris poll.

www.newsweek.com...

Went to one of his events before with my youngest, and he had more energy and drive than 99% of politicians. Despite his age, he manages to interest and energize his supporters.

Would be interesting to see him run in 2020

edit on 11/25/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
He will be 80.
84 after his first term.

So the dems will need to find some younger blood.

Besides, if you think trump has trouble getting things done, wait till you see the resistance to bernie.
edit on 25-11-2017 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

He's still not a democrat.
edit on 11252017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hopefully he doesn't get railroaded this time.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
He gives me a sort of "I just don't see it" vibe. Get him a haircut(
) and he'd be viable but.....

If that's a pervasive enough feeling he can't win. It would be interesting though. Cripes did I just say Trump gets reelected?

ETA: Sort of like our NDP.
edit on 25-11-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

No doubt, just found their assessment interesting.

I will most likely be casting another Trump vote, provided he decides to run again

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Joe Biden and Corey Booker.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

SENPAI!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

He'd be running against Mike Pence. Trump is going to be impeached.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

LOL

I think the only real barrier will be his age, although mostly because after so many years of service I think he deserves his retirement

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No, he isn't

You all have been saying this for a year+ now

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm 66...... I couldn't imagine the stress a President would endure. I'm the same age as George Bush junior.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

He's still not a democrat.

Who knows what a Democrat is these days.

The last "Democrat" on the presidential ticket was anti gay as of a few years ago, has Bush style foreign policy (pro war), and is in bed with Wall Street.

So what exactly is a Democrat now?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Biden would be on OK pick, always respected him and PBO at least.

His "shotguns are all you need speech" hurt his credibility, IMO. He'd still be a good pick. Unsure about Booker, not familiar with him.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The remains of what is not 'stated Republican' All that are left to campaign ? It's hard to say...a reply to: CriticalStinker

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Depends if you ask the purist progressives or classical liberals

I can answer for the latter, and don't have a lot of respect for the former. The purity tests and side-issues the former gets hung up on will ensure GOP dominance in government for another generation. The classical liberals/libertarian types would stand a good chance of building a strong & broad base, as they appeal to moderates across the board and would likely lead us into never before seen era of personal freedom and responsibility.

The purity control standards progressives are trying to impose on the party is killing it from the inside out. It is a major reason I left the party last Summer.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Bernies popularity and with a charismatic pretty boy as VP and the GOP has some problems. No wall, no indictment for crooked Hillary and the swamp still filled with lobbyist. uh oh...

Platforms mean nothing....it's all marketing and hype in American politics now.
edit on 25-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Last I checked Democrats were supposed to support individual rights and freedoms, as well as promote personal/social responsibility and respect.

That does not accurately represent the party as of the 2016 election. We will see if they are able to act quickly enough to save it.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Unsure about Booker, not familiar with him.

Booker? Could be interesting. Bwahahahahaha....

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I thought Hillary all but owned the DNC . Does Bernie have Hill's blessings or something ? And what of Donna and Elizabeth .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join