It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat putting up cash, saying Bible not clear on union of sexes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Isnt this one a hoot? Well lets see here,

Gen 2:20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds of the air and all the beasts of the field. But for Adam no suitable helper was found.
Gen 2:21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribs and closed up the place with flesh.
Gen 2:22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
Gen 2:23 The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man."
Gen 2:24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

Nothing about Bob and Bob here......I cant believe this guy, and in Alabama? he will loose votes for that one....

Lawmaker offers $5,000 on man-woman marriageDemocrat putting up cash, saying Bible not clear on union of sexes

An Alabama lawmaker reportedly is offering $5,000 to anyone who can show him proof from the Bible indicating marriage is between a man and a woman.

The amount was increased by more than seven-fold by state Rep. Alvin Holmes, D-Montgomery, after he originally took to the House floor this week to declare, "I've got $700 here, and I will give anyone this $700 if they come up and show me in this Bible where it says that marriage is between a man and a woman."

source

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Occurs edsinger if you believe in that stuff that is in the bible I mean the rant that the church was nice enough to add to it.

To make people be lest tolerant to other human beings.

Like making Jesus white.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Occurs edsinger if you believe in that stuff that is in the bible I mean the rant that the church was nice enough to add to it.

To make people be lest tolerant to other human beings.

Like making Jesus white.

Since when are Jewish people white? I though they are of Mediterranean decent? It makes no difference what color Jesus was, it just makes a difference in that you recognize the free gift he offers YOU marg....

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well, since the biological reason for sexual intercourse is propagation of the species, it seems like the Union of the sexes in the Bible would HAVE to be female/male.
All the other reasons we have sex is besides the point. Biblically speaking.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Since when are Jewish people white? I though they are of Mediterranean decent? It makes no difference what color Jesus was, it just makes a difference in that you recognize the free gift he offers YOU marg....

I will be honest with you I did miss you.

Yes I am pulling you leg, I have a very personal relationship with my creator and I am very comfortable with it.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by edsinger

I will be honest with you I did miss you.

Yes I am pulling you leg, I have a very personal relationship with my creator and I am very comfortable with it.

I knew you had it in you............
I missed this place also...

But Papa Bush kept me busy the last few months......getting all them nasty folks out of the CIA and all..............:wink

new topics

top topics

join