It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine refutes Trump's claim that he turned down 2017 Person of the Year award

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
It's like a never-ending parody of what America used to be

Good to see the Trump defense force out in full force

You all talk about outrage, the only ones outrage are Donald Trump and his cult following lol

Cult following or the crazies out there wielding torches, dead set on burning "it" all down to the ground because they didn't get their saint hillary?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You are running out of straws to grasp. Don't worry I'll catch you, give me benefit of the doubt!

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

In a nutshell.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think this year it will be Stephen King. You heard it here first.

link   
I imagine there will be a trump tweet with the handle #notfair.

The man clearly has an over inflated ego, and as far as I know TIME is still a well respected publication, only time will tell.

link   

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JosephKnecht

You are running out of straws to grasp. Don't worry I'll catch you, give me benefit of the doubt!

I have plenty more where that came from.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: StallionDuck

In a nutshell.

Haha So perfect! So true...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Then quite frankly I don't believe you. You would question Trump's words with the same vehemence as any other speaker but are choosing not to at this time.

Trump is a politician. I am more concerned about those tasked with informing the public.

He's the president of the US. HE should be held to proper standards. Lying doesn't come close. All Time did was "inform the public" that Trump said something and they refute it. You would defend a PROVEN liar over a publication because you've got a woody against journalism?
edit on 25-11-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

It’s the world we live in. Both journalists and psychiatrists have eschewed the ethics of their craft in order to stop a future Hitler that never came, while leaving the reputations of their craft shattered and lying on the ground around them in the process. And for what?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Then quite frankly I don't believe you. You would question Trump's words with the same vehemence as any other speaker but are choosing not to at this time.

Trump is a politician. I am more concerned about those tasked with informing the public.

He's the president of the US. HE should be held to proper standards. Lying doesn't come close. All Time did was "inform the public" that Trump said something and they refute it. You would defend a PROVEN liar over a publication because you've got a woody against journalism?

Unlike the last president, I’m pretty certain the media is taking him to task. Over 90% of the reporting on him was negative. As a corollary, I suspect 90% of the anti-trump mob’s thinking is negative.
edit on 25-11-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

See, that's what i don't understand. There's plenty to dislike about Trump as an individual, if you were so inclined; he appears arrogant, self-important, prone to exaggerating (particularly about his own achievements), none of which are exactly attractive qualities. Furthermore, there are plenty of things to disagree with him on politically if you were inclined in that direction.

However, the almost constant #storm, evident bias and relentless twattery that surrounds every little thing that he does (or doesn't do) actually makes me feel like backing him up.

The overwhelming desire to besmirch and denigrate the man, at all costs, even at the expense of ethical and moral conduct and standards says more about his critics than it does about him.
edit on 25-11-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The notion that the person who composes Time’s tweets is privy to every conversation that everyone at the organization has is absurd.

He was stating company policy not insider information.

The President is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year. TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
LOL - liberals triggered everywhere. Hilarious.
What would they do without Trump's twitter feed... haha.
I wonder if they have worked out that they don't have to view it?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
SO easily triggered.

Yes, he is...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
LOL - liberals triggered everywhere. Hilarious.
What would they do without Trump's twitter feed... haha.
I wonder if they have worked out that they don't have to view it?

I don't understand why any one reads anyone else tweets in the first place. Sounds like a waist of time to know what some one else might be thinking 24/7. If it wasn't for ATS I would never know what Trump might have tweeted.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

C'mon man... Look at the common sense here. Surely you have enough yourself to figure it out.

- Trump said he passed on it.
- Time said he was 'incorrect about...'

"The President is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year," the magazine tweeted Friday night. "TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6."

....how they choose. Time does NOT comment on the choice until publication.

How in the hell would they not comment on the choice until the choice is publicated? Is that possible? You would have to have everything in order for publication... The interview, the pictures... so forth. So OBVIOUSLY the no comment part was for everyone else BUT who they've selected.
Obviously someone hit him up and said "hey... we need to do an interview and take pictures because you 'might or are selected to be' the man of the year.

- All US presidents (good and bad) as well as presidents/rulers/dictators of other countries have been man of the year.
- Man of the year isn't always a badge of honor. It can also be a controversial figurehead.
- Why would someone just pull something like this out of their ass if there wasn't some/any truth to it?

You guys can label him as many things but an idiot he's not. If he had been, I seriously doubt that we would have him in office right now. The guy knows what he's doing.

Do you really think this is what we have?

I would almost welcome this hilariousness over what we have running the country. It's truly dog and pony show all the way around, from the lowest to the highest form of government. But... This guy is no idiot and I'm on the side of him actually telling the truth about this. Why would they suddenly exclude him after they've had every single president since the beginning? It just doesn't make sense.
edit on 25-11-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The notion that the person who composes Time’s tweets is privy to every conversation that everyone at the organization has is absurd.

He was stating company policy not insider information.

The President is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year. TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6.

Trump was getting photographed for his Time Person of the Year last year around this time, before December.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Really? It's everywhere. On TV and websites. In papers and magazines. He speaks(Tweets) and everyone jumps on it. It is getting old. Now that I think about it in the paper he's in the News, Sports and Entertainment sections. I didn't check Obituaries. JOKE. That was for chuckles.

edit on 25-11-2017 by intrepid because: Punctuation.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This thread is an advertisement for Trump brand goal posts.

Now with wheels!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join