It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine refutes Trump's claim that he turned down 2017 Person of the Year award

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The key word in his tweet was "PROBABLY". They wanted an interview and photo op beforehand.....then it was "PROBABLY". DJT wasn't born yesterday and believe me...he understands TIME.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: TinySickTears

if your take on it is possible couldnt it also be possible he is lying?

I never said he’s not lying. I am saying it is possible that he is not.

youre right. it is possible. thats why i posted and asked as much in the OP. wanted to make sure i was reading it right.
but as asked above. which is more likely?

he is lying and it did not happen or it did and it is miscommunication at time?

It is more likely that Trump had a conversation of that sort.

Remember the lie about the NFL and the debates?

Presidential candidate Donald Trump doesn’t like the fact that two of the three scheduled debates conflict with NFL prime-time games. He claimed in an interview with ABC’s This Week that the NFL sent him a letter calling the move “ridiculous.” The league called him on it, saying no letter was sent.

Link

He has publicly lied like this before, which is one of the reasons why I find it hard to believe him here.

Your article expresses the same sentiment:

Regardless, someone provided Trump with open and obvious information about the scheduling of two debates on nights when the NFL typically plays games: Sunday and Monday. That’s a long way from an official effort to get the debates moved that was reduced to writing, printed on NFL letterhead, and signed by Roger Goodell or some other high-level league executive.

It is likely Time didn’t ask him officially. But it is probable that someone familiar with Trump kicked the idea around with him.

Then it's still a lie. Twisting the truth and altering certain parts of a story is still lying.

Kind of like you saying Time refuted his claim.

Time magazine themselves refuted his claim, it has nothing to do with me.

Someone at Time refuted the claim, just like someone at the NFL sent Trump a letter.

Ahh, so now the goalposts are dragged over to, "well someone at Time refuted his claim.

Good to see you back in true form.

Yes, essentially you’re making the same mistake as Trump.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

DJT wasn't born yesterday and believe me...he understands TIME.

Was that a "DJT's secretly a time traveller" reference?

edit on 25-11-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Methinks your Devil's advocate vestments are showing.

Give Trump the benefit of the doubt with his track record? I know you're not that unbalanced.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Indrasweb

To what end?

What does he want to achieve and how does this help him achieve it?

I’m not sure, but I suspect an entire dismantleing of the establishment in politics and media has something to do with it. His tweets are like pointing a laser on a wall, and the press and their parrots are like the cats chasing it. It exposes them for the yellow journalism they are.

I don't think pointing out a president with obvious mental health issues and a propensity to lie about trivialities is yellow journalism.

Diagnosing someone with mental health issues without clinical technique is both unethical and lazy. Yellow journalism is unethical journalism.

IMO....ignoring a president that lies, making lame excuses, is also a mental health issue, unethical and lazy as well.

www.mentalhealthamerica.net...

I’m not sure dressing up to play psychiatrist is indicative of a clean bill of mental health.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If "TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6"

Than how would Trump know he is NOT going to be 'Time Person Of The Year'

How/Why would he need to "get out in front of" something he doesn't know is going or not going to happen?

Sure Trump is ego driven enough to need to get out in front of not being chosen for Time Person Of The Year ... but Time must have some how told him this was going to happen.

Perhaps they did call him as part of some short list vetting; or perhaps they have a leak in the team that chooses their person of the year. Or some other possibly. Ether way their claim that they don't comment on this until December 6th does not sound truthful.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Methinks your Devil's advocate vestments are showing.

Give Trump the benefit of the doubt with his track record? I know you're not that unbalanced.

Standing up for an individual against a mob of puritans doesn’t require balance in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

To what end?

I’m not sure, but I suspect an entire dismantleing of the establishment in politics and media has something to do with it. His tweets are like pointing a laser on a wall, and the press and their parrots are like the cats chasing it. It exposes them for the yellow journalism they are.

But if they post positive things about Trump, they're okay?

People who frequent this website should know that the CIA has been integrated into media for decades now, hell, since the CIA was a thing. COINTELPRO told us that much.
The whole "liberal media" thing is a ruse because the same spooks haunt the halls of "conservative (or REAL NEWS) media".

A big dark rabbit hole awaits.
Do some research, kids.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
If "TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6"

Than how would Trump know he is NOT going to be 'Time Person Of The Year'

How/Why would he need to "get out in front of" something he doesn't know is going or not going to happen?

Sure Trump is ego driven enough to need to get out in front of not being chosen for Time Person Of The Year ... but Time must have some how told him this was going to happen.

Perhaps they did call him as part of some short list vetting; or perhaps they have a leak in the team that chooses their person of the year. Or some other possibly. Ether way their claim that they don't comment on this until December 6th does not sound truthful.

He was getting interviewed and photographed for the Times person of the year around this time last year.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
The key word in his tweet was "PROBABLY". They wanted an interview and photo op beforehand.....then it was "PROBABLY". DJT wasn't born yesterday and believe me...he understands TIME.

Apparently Trump worships TIME....why else fake a pic of yourself on the cover and hang it for all to see?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

As someone who has spent the last 15 years working, studying and training in various fields and disciplines of mental health, the armchair psychology really does make me cringe. The practitioners that came out and said "Trump has xyz mental health issue" should have been investigated by the relevant professional standards organisation in my opinion and potentially faced a panel examining their ethics and their practice.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

To what end?

But if they post positive things about Trump, they're okay?

People who frequent this website should know that the CIA has been integrated into media for decades now, hell, since the CIA was a thing. COINTELPRO told us that much.
The whole "liberal media" thing is a ruse because the same spooks haunt the halls of "conservative (or REAL NEWS) media".

A big dark rabbit hole awaits.
Do some research, kids.

I’d be suspicious of both out of principle. Journalism is neither fair or balanced when when they play positive and negative. But the fact that their reporting has been relegated to the curation of twitter should give us an indication of what really matters to them.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Then quite frankly I don't believe you. You would question Trump's words with the same vehemence as any other speaker but are choosing not to at this time.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

As someone who has spent the last 15 years working, studying and training in various fields and disciplines of mental health, the armchair psychology really does make me cringe. The practitioners that came out and said "Trump has xyz mental health issue" should have been investigated by the relevant professional standards organisation in my opinion and potentially faced a panel examining their ethics and their practice.

It’s dangerous. Didn’t they do this to a politician in the 70’s? I think it was Goldwater?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
just hilarious... even if this were true (and there's no way in hell it's true), why would you fire off a tweet about it unless you're pathetically desperate for attention? what a child.

i mean, does anyone really believe trump would pass on an interview, photo shoot, and magazine cover? that kind of crap is all he lives for.

originally posted by: TinySickTears
does he have an on hard for time magazine? he had fake covers hanging in some of his spots....im pretty sure

you remember correctly.

In June, The Washington Post noted that fake covers of Time magazine featuring Trump hang in at least four of his golf clubs.

Trump Says He Passed On Being 'Person Of The Year.' 'Time' Says He's 'Incorrect'

Why wouldn't it be true?

Go back and look at how many presidents were Man of the Year for Time.... Uhhhh Every one since 'Time' began... Some, more often than once. Hell, even Putin was MotY. So why not Trump? It's happen every president so I would guess it automatically comes with the presidency.

"No way in hell"....? Please...

Besides.. They don't just put people there on what THEY think are good merits

TIME looks back on its most compelling — and sometimes controversial — choices for Person of the Year
edit on 25-11-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Then quite frankly I don't believe you. You would question Trump's words with the same vehemence as any other speaker but are choosing not to at this time.

Trump is a politician. I am more concerned about those tasked with informing the public.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

Right, The Goldwater rule.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It's like a never-ending parody of what America used to be

Good to see the Trump defense force out in full force

You all talk about outrage, the only ones outrage are Donald Trump and his cult following lol

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
@TIME didn't refute making the phone call, but simply said they don't publicly comment on the choice until Dec 6. The choice of words really left it open to interpretation without confirming or denying anything.

If it's any consolation, people have already confirmed in the past that they received similar phone calls from Time when they were up for consideration.

/shrug

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

It absolutely is dangerous. Not only to the individual that they are targeting (being labelled with a serious psychiatric disorder carries a huge stigma, delegitimises and marginalises an individual and could very easily destroy a career) but also to all sufferers of mental health problems; tying perceived negative qualities of people you don't like to unrelated mental health issues, thus tarring others with the same brush you are painting your enemy with. You're essentially using the negative views and stigma of a widely, poorly understood, serious illness as a weapon against someone you don't like.

That is HIGHLY dubious, clearly unethical and brings the profession into disrepute in my opinion. It should not be allowed to stand.

ETA:

Holy crap!!!! I have not seen that before (the Goldwater thing). That is absolutely DISGRACEFUL...
edit on 25-11-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join