It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine refutes Trump's claim that he turned down 2017 Person of the Year award

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The only thing that we should take away from all of this is that Hillary is not the president.

👍👍

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Right, #1.. it's a brilliant deflection strategy, or #2 ..he has a bigly personality disorder.
My $ is on #2

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: TinySickTears

if your take on it is possible couldnt it also be possible he is lying?

I never said he’s not lying. I am saying it is possible that he is not.

youre right. it is possible. thats why i posted and asked as much in the OP. wanted to make sure i was reading it right.
but as asked above. which is more likely?

he is lying and it did not happen or it did and it is miscommunication at time?

It is more likely that Trump had a conversation of that sort.

Remember the lie about the NFL and the debates?

Presidential candidate Donald Trump doesn’t like the fact that two of the three scheduled debates conflict with NFL prime-time games. He claimed in an interview with ABC’s This Week that the NFL sent him a letter calling the move “ridiculous.” The league called him on it, saying no letter was sent.

Link

He has publicly lied like this before, which is one of the reasons why I find it hard to believe him here.

Your article expresses the same sentiment:

Regardless, someone provided Trump with open and obvious information about the scheduling of two debates on nights when the NFL typically plays games: Sunday and Monday. That’s a long way from an official effort to get the debates moved that was reduced to writing, printed on NFL letterhead, and signed by Roger Goodell or some other high-level league executive.

It is likely Time didn’t ask him officially. But it is probable that someone familiar with Trump kicked the idea around with him.

Then it's still a lie. Twisting the truth and altering certain parts of a story is still lying.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
At this stage in the game, Trump is the spam and his supporters are the Vikings.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Or....Time did indeed call him but given his response retracted their dung. ...
Or .. he was daydreaming on opiods while his team was working hard.....
Or... he was bored and thought: let's put thanksgiving on it's head. ....
Or...

fill in the blancs depending on your Bias.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

youre right. it is possible. thats why i posted and asked as much in the OP. wanted to make sure i was reading it right.

Presidential candidate Donald Trump doesn’t like the fact that two of the three scheduled debates conflict with NFL prime-time games. He claimed in an interview with ABC’s This Week that the NFL sent him a letter calling the move “ridiculous.” The league called him on it, saying no letter was sent.

Link

He has publicly lied like this before, which is one of the reasons why I find it hard to believe him here.

Regardless, someone provided Trump with open and obvious information about the scheduling of two debates on nights when the NFL typically plays games: Sunday and Monday. That’s a long way from an official effort to get the debates moved that was reduced to writing, printed on NFL letterhead, and signed by Roger Goodell or some other high-level league executive.

It is likely Time didn’t ask him officially. But it is probable that someone familiar with Trump kicked the idea around with him.

Then it's still a lie. Twisting the truth and altering certain parts of a story is still lying.

Kind of like you saying Time refuted his claim.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Right, #1.. it's a brilliant deflection strategy, or #2 ..he has a bigly personality disorder.
My $ is on #2

It’s pronounced “big league”. The odds are never in your favour.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Link

Time magazine themselves refuted his claim, it has nothing to do with me.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb

To what end?

What does he want to achieve and how does this help him achieve it?

I’m not sure, but I suspect an entire dismantleing of the establishment in politics and media has something to do with it. His tweets are like pointing a laser on a wall, and the press and their parrots are like the cats chasing it. It exposes them for the yellow journalism they are.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Link

Someone at Time refuted the claim, just like someone at the NFL sent Trump a letter.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Trump's tweet was the code for beginning the deep state take down.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Link

Someone at Time refuted the claim, just like someone at the NFL sent Trump a letter.

Any proof?

Because Time magazine says different. And no offense, but I'm sure they know more about what they did or didn't do than you do.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Link

Any proof?

Because Time magazine says different. And no offense, but I'm sure they know more about what they did or didn't do than you do.

I have no proof. You give Time the benefit of the doubt, and I’ll give Trump the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

To what end?

I’m not sure, but I suspect an entire dismantleing of the establishment in politics and media has something to do with it. His tweets are like pointing a laser on a wall, and the press and their parrots are like the cats chasing it. It exposes them for the yellow journalism they are.

I don't think pointing out a president with obvious mental health issues and a propensity to lie about trivialities is yellow journalism.

www.mentalhealthamerica.net...
edit on 25-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

To what end?

I don't think pointing out a president with obvious mental health issues and a propensity to lie about trivialities is yellow journalism.

Diagnosing someone with mental health issues without clinical technique is both unethical and lazy. Yellow journalism is unethical journalism.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This thread is a riot.

"I could care less what Trump does!"

"Did you see what Trump Tweeted? I can't believe he did that!".

Priceless

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Link

Ahh, so now the goalposts are dragged over to, "well someone at Time refuted his claim.

Good to see you back in true form.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

To what end?

Diagnosing someone with mental health issues without clinical technique is both unethical and lazy. Yellow journalism is unethical journalism.

IMO....ignoring a president that lies, making lame excuses, is also a mental health issue, unethical and lazy as well.

www.mentalhealthamerica.net...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Link

Any proof?

I have no proof. You give Time the benefit of the doubt, and I’ll give Trump the benefit of the doubt.

Cool. Give Trump the benefit of the doubt. See how that works out. Or has worked out in the past.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

To what end?

Attention.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join