It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine refutes Trump's claim that he turned down 2017 Person of the Year award

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

if your take on it is possible couldnt it also be possible he is lying?

I never said he’s not lying. I am saying it is possible that he is not.

youre right. it is possible. thats why i posted and asked as much in the OP. wanted to make sure i was reading it right.
but as asked above. which is more likely?

he is lying and it did not happen or it did and it is miscommunication at time?

It is more likely that Trump had a conversation of that sort.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: TinySickTears

Well, I am sure he still has plenty of fake Time covers of himself at his resorts. What a self absorbed man he is.

Pathetic....and still his supporters make lame excuses for the liar in chief.

People tell me it's sad, very sad, believe me!
edit on 25-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Or it wasn’t even Time Magazine that called Trump?
Wouldn’t put it past someone to troll him like that.

This is a possibility I hadn't thought about. Maybe it was Obama?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
We'll, when you think about it, Trump is Man of the Year. Jus' sayin'. Bet they would've actually sold and had some decent numbers for once.

edit on 25-11-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What a peculiar and irrelevant thing to say. There is no reason, explanation or outcome that I can think of that would be motivation to tweet this?

Even if it were true, why on earth would you mention it? It just makes you sound like a self-aggrandizing, self-important, arrogant toss pot?

I'm not big on all the lame trump-bashing that seems to be all the rage but really, this is either just blatant braggadocio or blatant bull#... not great either way...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I dont blame him for turning it down. Time Is owned by evil people.

He didn't turn it down in 2016.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sure..he turned it down

They are evil, thats why he he had fake issues with his face on the cover made up.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I dont blame him for turning it down. Time Is owned by evil people.

i just dont think he did.
big man baby with a big ego
wants it enough to get fake ones
would be the first back to back winner which would give him mad # to gloat about on the twitt

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

youre right. it is possible. thats why i posted and asked as much in the OP. wanted to make sure i was reading it right.

ok fair enough. i lean the other way
thanks for answering

link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb
What a peculiar and irrelevant thing to say. There is no reason, explanation or outcome that I can think of that would be motivation to tweet this?

Even if it were true, why on earth would you mention it? It just makes you sound like a self-aggrandizing, self-important, arrogant toss pot?

Man you haven't got a good feel of Trump. In his mind he's the BEST self-aggrandizing, self-important, arrogant toss pot.

link   

Remember the lie about the NFL and the debates?

Presidential candidate Donald Trump doesn’t like the fact that two of the three scheduled debates conflict with NFL prime-time games. He claimed in an interview with ABC’s This Week that the NFL sent him a letter calling the move “ridiculous.” The league called him on it, saying no letter was sent.

Link

He has publicly lied like this before, which is one of the reasons why I find it hard to believe him here.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Man you haven't got a good feel of Trump. In his mind he's the BEST self-aggrandizing, self-important, arrogant toss pot.

Who happens to be the most powerful man in the world. Sometimes it’s tough being number one.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I think maybe Trump called Time asking to be back to back man of the year..and was turned down.
He is just confused..lol

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Who happens to be the most powerful man in the world. Sometimes it’s tough being number one.

I've never seen an ego nor the NEED for attention from any past president. I guess he introduced this #2 into being #1.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Remember the lie about the NFL and the debates?

Presidential candidate Donald Trump doesn’t like the fact that two of the three scheduled debates conflict with NFL prime-time games. He claimed in an interview with ABC’s This Week that the NFL sent him a letter calling the move “ridiculous.” The league called him on it, saying no letter was sent.

Link

He has publicly lied like this before, which is one of the reasons why I find it hard to believe him here.

Your article expresses the same sentiment:

Regardless, someone provided Trump with open and obvious information about the scheduling of two debates on nights when the NFL typically plays games: Sunday and Monday. That’s a long way from an official effort to get the debates moved that was reduced to writing, printed on NFL letterhead, and signed by Roger Goodell or some other high-level league executive.

It is likely Time didn’t ask him officially. But it is probable that someone familiar with Trump kicked the idea around with him.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Can you imagine the conservative outrage if Obama faked a pic of himself on Time. Epic....

edit on 25-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Which is why I find this an odd thing to be bragging about...

He's already the most powerful man in the world (apparently) and a household name in just about every home in the developed world. Why brag about something like this? Because that's what it is; it's either a blatant lie (why?) or bigging himself up (again, why?).

Sometimes he really doesn't do himself any favours...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I've never seen an ego nor the NEED for attention from any past president. I guess he introduced this #2 into being #1.

They do it for PR reasons, to keep folks like the perpetually outraged from bringing society close to disaster because of tweets.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Which is why I find this an odd thing to be bragging about...

He's already the most powerful man in the world (apparently) and a household name in just about every home in the developed world. Why brag about something like this? Because that's what it is; it's either a blatant lie (why?) or bigging himself up (again, why?).

Sometimes he really doesn't do himself any favours...

Because he knows it works. It’s how he dominates the narrative, which he can do from the comfort of a toilet.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

To what end?

What does he want to achieve and how does this help him achieve it?
edit on 25-11-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join