It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine refutes Trump's claim that he turned down 2017 Person of the Year award

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: pavil
[
If it's true or if it's not doesn't even really matter...... Trump got you talking about what he wants you to. How many times does he have to do this before you catch on? He keeps the focus of the narrative on what he wants.

i just like to make sure
plus its fun when people come to his defense for things like this. i like to see him painted as a mad super genius that will MAGA with this tweet. he is several moves ahead...

He's been in show business for quite some time now. Even his business ventures (that didn't go bankrupt) were based on a line of credit for his ego and brand. I think he knows his base and understands how easily they are manipulated and forgetful.
And that base will ignore everything he has said that is contradictory to prior statements, defending him no matter how big the lie.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

“Time” isn’t a person tweeting on twitter. It’s a large organization.

The response doesn't matter one way or the other , the assertion that he turned it down is the point , and it's just silly.
To be named Person of the Year two years in succession would be an ego boost par excellence and there's no way he would turn it down just because they wanted an interview and some pictures.

Why wouldn't he do an interview , he's the president of the United States !

It does matter if it is false. Time magazine and Time Warner are massive companies in New York. Trump has been dealing with them for decades. The notion that the person who composes Time’s tweets is privy to every conversation that everyone at the organization has is absurd.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm not signedin to google so I can't read the article...
Is Time magazine left or right wing?

Apparently, Time is connected to CNN so go figure.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

"Amazing," tweeted Time's chief content officer, Alan Murray. "Not a speck of truth here — Trump tweets he 'took a pass' at being named TIME's person of the year."

If any of this shocks you, you haven't been paying attention. In fact, Trump's focus on Time magazine -- and especially the publication's choice for man/person of the year -- is a long-running obsession that predates his political career. "I knew last year that @TIME Magazine lost all credibility when they didn't include me in their Top 100...," Trump tweeted in October 2012.
He sounded a similar note the following April. "The Time Magazine list of the 100 Most Influential People is a joke and stunt of a magazine that will, like Newsweek, soon be dead. Bad list!," he tweeted

hhahahahahah

he is the biggest man baby in the world.
there is more in the article but obsessed sounds right.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I'm just wondering, why? Don't get me wrong, I think Trump is an idiot, but is he really stupid enough to lie about something this easily disproven?

yes, he is; and disproven how? he'll say his thing, time will say his, then he'll claim they're lying. that's his favorite thing in the world, aside from just attention in general. he knows his uberfans will believe any kind of bull# he says, no matter how improbable.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Time's Person of the Year while having some on there more than once have never had one in back to back years.

Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year,” like last year...

I think he PROBABLY made this up.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I'm just wondering, why? Don't get me wrong, I think Trump is an idiot, but is he really stupid enough to lie about something this easily disproven? He had to know that Time would immediately refute his claim.

So that leaves us with a couple of options..

Either he's trying to distract from something, or he really is such an immature child that he became offended when he saw the TIME online polls that didn't put him in first place for the award, and decided to preemptively lash out at TIME magazine to protect his fragile ego.

Ya think? It's also people from the magazine itself calling BS.

Time Inc.'s chief content officer, Alan Murray, later said the President's tweet didn't have "a speck of truth."

"Amazing. Not a speck of truth here—Trump tweets he 'took a pass' at being named TIME's person of the year," Murray tweeted, along with an article about the incident.

Link

ETA: OP beat me to it.

edit on 25-11-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

link   

Either he's trying to distract from something, or he really is such an immature child that he became offended when he saw the TIME online polls that didn't put him in first place for the award, and decided to preemptively lash out at TIME magazine to protect his fragile ego.

I think he plays Twitter like someone else would play Candy Crush, its like a game to him in response to the daily media attacks. He most likely does it then sits back and watches the show as he eats his popcorn.

edit on 25-11-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

I'm just wondering, why? Don't get me wrong, I think Trump is an idiot, but is he really stupid enough to lie about something this easily disproven?

yes, he is; and disproven how? he'll say his thing, time will say his, then he'll claim they're lying. that's his favorite thing in the world, aside from just attention in general. he knows his uberfans will believe any kind of bull# he says, no matter how improbable.

he is like the lord high grand king wizard of disinformation

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I'm just wondering, why? Don't get me wrong, I think Trump is an idiot, but is he really stupid enough to lie about something this easily disproven? He had to know that Time would immediately refute his claim.

Time Inc.'s chief content officer, Alan Murray, later said the President's tweet didn't have "a speck of truth."

"Amazing. Not a speck of truth here—Trump tweets he 'took a pass' at being named TIME's person of the year," Murray tweeted, along with an article about the incident.

Link

Again, Time is a large organization. Are you sure everyone who talks to Trump at Time does so at Murray’s request?
edit on 25-11-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Well, I am sure he still has plenty of fake Time covers of himself at his resorts. What a self absorbed man he is.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I guess it's easier for him to pretend to walk away from something than not be picked for something , fragile ego and all.
Thats what I was thinking. It's just crazy to me he would lie this obviously. Not that he hasn't made obvious lies in the past, but this takes it to a whole new level.

Maybe his mind really is starting to slip? I know I joke about that a lot, but I can't come up with any other conclusions at the moment. I don't really see anything new in the news involving him that would need him to play the distraction game.

all i can think of is get the pre strike lie out of the way so when time says he is lying he can say bull#. they are lying. i tweeted the truth first bigly and beautifully. then he will cry fake news and his minions will cry fake news and then everyone will boycott..
rinse and repeat

Just another call for his supporters to stop thinking, and blindly follow him. Because everyone is lying except for him. Even though he made a fortune through lying...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Link

Again, Time is a large organization. Are you sure everyone who talks to Trump at Time does so at Murray’s request?

so anything as long as it trump is not wrong or trump is not lying?

if your take on it is possible couldnt it also be possible he is lying?

which is more likely?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
who would you believe, Trump or a publication which has followed a strict selection and announcement convention for decades...

i know what every Trump defense team on ats are thinking immediately...

B-but Hillary....!!!

link   

Link

so anything as long as it trump is not wrong or trump is not lying?

which is more likely?

I never said he’s not lying. I am saying it is possible that he is not.

link   

Just another call for his supporters to stop thinking, and blindly follow him. Because everyone is lying except for him. Even though he made a fortune through lying...

how do you think he managed to get people to follow him so hardcore and believe in him so much and believe everything he says?
most of the people that support him do not support everything he does or says.

but there are those people that follow and support and defend him no matter what.
20 people or news sites or magazines can say a thing and all trump has to do is say the opposite and people latch onto it like its the gospel. i dont get it

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Link

I would think the official Time magazine pr that runs the twitter account would verify this before making an official public statement.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I never said he’s not lying. I am saying it is possible that he is not.

youre right. it is possible. thats why i posted and asked as much in the OP. wanted to make sure i was reading it right.
but as asked above. which is more likely?

he is lying and it did not happen or it did and it is miscommunication at time?

edit on 25-11-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I would think the official Time magazine pr that runs the twitter account would verify this before making an official public statement.

i would think so as well.
most businesses or people that actually want people to take them serious will do # like check some facts first. i doubt twitter dude from time is tweeting from his gold toilet at 3am on a whim. i doubt it happens like that.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I dont blame him for turning it down. Time Is owned by evil people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join