It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME Magazine refutes Trump's claim that he turned down 2017 Person of the Year award

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
www.aol.com...

TIME Magazine fired back at President Donald Trump's earlier claim on Friday that he had turned down an offer to be named its "Person of the Year," calling his assertion "incorrect." "The President is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year," the magazine tweeted Friday night. "TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6."

the tweet

Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year,” like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!

www.politico.com...

so is them saying that is not how they choose winners really saying that nobody ever called him and he is making it up?

does he have an on hard for time magazine? he had fake covers hanging in some of his spots....im pretty sure

so is this a first strike for when they announce on december 6th that he didnt win. he already went full on 4d swamp drain mode and got out in front if it with the pre strike?

yeah i know. another thread. i am a lib snowflake. enter deflection. enter obama.

lets just assume all that is out of the way.

man.... trump
edit on 25-11-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
who would you believe, Trump or a publication which has followed a strict selection and announcement convention for decades...

i know what every Trump defense team on ats are thinking immediately...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
who would you believe, Trump or a publication which has followed a strict selection and announcement convention for decades...

i know what every Trump defense team on ats are thinking immediately...

i tend not to believe # he tweets. not much of what he says either.

i just want to be sure that they are saying they did not call him by saying that is not how they do it.
one i am sure of that the next question is

why tweet it out? so when december 6th rolls around and he is not on the cover he can act like it was offered but he turned it down bigly?

thats hilarious.

i wonder if he has the biggest ego ever or what.

funny cause the thing he has the most of(ego) he will deny but everything else he will embellish
thats classic

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

From what I've read he's a fan of Time and wanted to be on the cover which is why he faked his own , then when he was named person of the year his dream came true , which makes it all the more ridiculous that he would turn down the opportunity to be person of the year two years running.

Trump lies , this we know ...again and again.
edit on 25-11-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
just hilarious... even if this were true (and there's no way in hell it's true), why would you fire off a tweet about it unless you're pathetically desperate for attention? what a child.

i mean, does anyone really believe trump would pass on an interview, photo shoot, and magazine cover? that kind of crap is all he lives for.

originally posted by: TinySickTears
does he have an on hard for time magazine? he had fake covers hanging in some of his spots....im pretty sure

you remember correctly.

In June, The Washington Post noted that fake covers of Time magazine featuring Trump hang in at least four of his golf clubs.

Trump Says He Passed On Being 'Person Of The Year.' 'Time' Says He's 'Incorrect'
edit on 25-11-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
What's a magazine?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

What a petty douce bag...

He can’t stop lying for 2 seconds..

This is just nonsensical.. kinda might lend credibility to the theory that he is intentionally causing drama to distract from Russia or something..

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm just wondering, why? Don't get me wrong, I think Trump is an idiot, but is he really stupid enough to lie about something this easily disproven? He had to know that Time would immediately refute his claim.

So that leaves us with a couple of options..

Either he's trying to distract from something, or he really is such an immature child that he became offended when he saw the TIME online polls that didn't put him in first place for the award, and decided to preemptively lash out at TIME magazine to protect his fragile ego.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

www.aol.com...

TIME Magazine fired back at President Donald Trump's earlier claim on Friday that he had turned down an offer to be named its "Person of the Year," calling his assertion "incorrect." "The President is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year," the magazine tweeted Friday night. "TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6."

the tweet

Time Magazine called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year,” like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!

www.politico.com...

so is them saying that is not how they choose winners really saying that nobody ever called him and he is making it up?

so is this a first strike for when they announce on december 6th that he didnt win. he already went full on 4d swamp drain mode and got out in front if it with the pre strike?

yeah i know. another thread. i am a lib snowflake. enter deflection. enter obama.

man.... trump

If it's true or if it's not doesn't even really matter...... Trump got you talking about what he wants you to. How many times does he have to do this before you catch on? He keeps the focus of the narrative on what he wants.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I guess it's easier for him to pretend to walk away from something than not be picked for something , fragile ego and all.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

www.aol.com...

the tweet

www.politico.com...

man.... trump

I’m not sure the social media officer, or whoever does Time’s tweets, knows the discussions that occur higher up his own totem pole.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I'm just wondering, why? Don't get me wrong, I think Trump is an idiot, but is he really stupid enough to lie about something this easily disproven? He had to know that Time would immediately refute his claim?

Yes. And he expects people to believe him over the "lying media."

*sigh*

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I'm just wondering, why? Don't get me wrong, I think Trump is an idiot, but is he really stupid enough to lie about something this easily disproven? He had to know that Time would immediately refute his claim.

So that leaves us with a couple of options..

Either he's trying to distract from something, or he really is such an immature child that he became offended when he saw the TIME online polls that didn't put him in first place for the award, and decided to preemptively lash out at TIME magazine to protect his fragile ego.

“Time” isn’t a person tweeting on twitter. It’s a large organization.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
[
If it's true or if it's not doesn't even really matter...... Trump got you talking about what he wants you to. How many times does he have to do this before you catch on? He keeps the focus of the narrative on what he wants.

i just like to make sure
plus its fun when people come to his defense for things like this. i like to see him painted as a mad super genius that will MAGA with this tweet. he is several moves ahead...

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
SO easily triggered.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

he does that often too.
stupid # like crowd sizes.

part of his pathology i think

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I guess it's easier for him to pretend to walk away from something than not be picked for something , fragile ego and all.

Thats what I was thinking. It's just crazy to me he would lie this obviously. Not that he hasn't made obvious lies in the past, but this takes it to a whole new level.

Maybe his mind really is starting to slip? I know I joke about that a lot, but I can't come up with any other conclusions at the moment. I don't really see anything new in the news involving him that would need him to play the distraction game.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Thats what I was thinking. It's just crazy to me he would lie this obviously. Not that he hasn't made obvious lies in the past, but this takes it to a whole new level.

Maybe his mind really is starting to slip? I know I joke about that a lot, but I can't come up with any other conclusions at the moment. I don't really see anything new in the news involving him that would need him to play the distraction game.

all i can think of is get the pre strike lie out of the way so when time says he is lying he can say bull#. they are lying. i tweeted the truth first bigly and beautifully. then he will cry fake news and his minions will cry fake news and then everyone will boycott..
rinse and repeat

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

“Time” isn’t a person tweeting on twitter. It’s a large organization.

The response doesn't matter one way or the other , the assertion that he turned it down is the point , and it's just silly.
To be named Person of the Year two years in succession would be an ego boost par excellence and there's no way he would turn it down just because they wanted an interview and some pictures.

Why wouldn't he do an interview , he's the president of the United States !

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
They never said the phone call didn’t take place...

Maybe Trump was just mistaken in the idea that the interview & photoshoot were an aspect of selection...

Or it wasn’t even Time Magazine that called Trump?
Wouldn’t put it past someone to troll him like that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join