It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Green and drones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I know Tom follows allot of the news and aviation, i wonder if he is here?

but the real reason im talking about tom green is he claimed to have seen a scan eagle over his house in california, back in 2013.

i thought that most drone activity was limited to search and rescue and hunting higher end fugitives.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

They still have to flight test them, especially after an upgrade, as well as exercises. They can't be used in an official capacity except in SAR and very selective other uses, but they still fly around doing other things. Sometimes that includes flying over populated areas.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

i was checking up on a rental property that we own, its in the inner city(i live in Rochester ny) and as i was leaving i just happened to glance up and i saw a dull set of 5 red lights.

the area where the house is at isn't the best and i have always wondered if it was a police mini drone and maybe the dull red lights were IR illuminators(sometimes you can make them out)

but it had no other lights on it, would that be something you need a warrant for? the observation of a person and getting authorized to use a mini drone.

a few years back i saw the city police testing a drone out down town but it was you standard quad copter, very loud and very noticeable, the one i saw was silent(o me at least).

is there a way to see if your city is using drones and what kind they have?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

The military is known to use houses and neighborhoods as "enemy locations" during exercises. It might have been a military UAV that was part of an exercise that you saw.

As for the police, I have no idea how you can, but I would assume a FOIA request would work, if you can't find out through public documents.

top topics

join