It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am no longer walking on the path of Islam .

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Yes, that's a great idea!

*Maybe wait till winter is over but* go outside and just lay in the backyard and look at the stars.
There is more explained to one's Spirit when gazing out into the Universe than anything mankind can tell you.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Throughout my years, i've learned that the only reason most people do, is because they were told to.

Speaking for yourself

No one can prove a higher power exists, yet people still believe regardless.

Once you are a witness its no longer about belief.

When a person is in a state of Utopia, chemicals flood the brain making them feel good

As an explanation, this ignores shared experience with friends, complete strangers and previous historical accounts.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I have an explanation, i'm just not prepared to share it.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TJames

Still you have nothing to verify anything woo though.
Nothing except personal testimony and why the # would I be swayed by assertions from an anonymous profile on a minor social media type discussion forum?
You got nothing except your own personal belief based on personal experience. Not good enough for me for obvious reasons.

Verification by internet, right. But like you said and I agree, you don't care.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire

I have an explanation, i'm just not prepared to share it.

Why not, not like people haven't heard every single one.

Won't be offended either...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: intrptr

I can only assume that had the knowledge been and pure it would only reflect divinity that is void of evil and perversion . Currently no religious scripture I have found is that way.

To get that 'purity' we gave to consult the spirit thru our soul.

Spirituality is different than organized religions writings or dogma.

The true essence of religion is what ? To give you the tools needed to understand spirituality ? Your soul etc.

Like I said religion is man made. Used as a control measure to misguide people. To keep them from discovering the truth. To that end scripture is misintperetmed on purpose by the controllers.

I fully agree here . As the saying goes " the truth is out there "

Correction-- "In here". Meaning within, in (thru) your soul.
edit on 25-11-2017 by intrptr because: (thru)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

The world is in a perpetual state of amnesia. But that's not what i would say here. It's a bit deeper than that, lets leave it at that.
edit on 25-11-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Yes, that's a great idea!

*Maybe wait till winter is over but* go outside and just lay in the backyard and look at the stars.
There is more explained to one's Spirit when gazing out into the Universe than anything mankind can tell you.

Hehe. When I gaze into the universe muzz. I am only left with more questions . However for that moment I an satisfied by it's mystery .

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TJames

Still you have nothing to verify anything woo though.
Nothing except personal testimony and why the # would I be swayed by assertions from an anonymous profile on a minor social media type discussion forum?
You got nothing except your own personal belief based on personal experience. Not good enough for me for obvious reasons.

Verification by internet, right. But like you said and I agree, you don't care.

I've posted nowhere that I didn't care, so either quote me or retract that please.
Believe whatever you like but don't expect me to believe you the enlightened one or something, for obvious reasons.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
You started on the wrong path of Christianity, Mormonism should be the easiest to dismiss by the most braindead lazy person of all the Christianities.

Then you went down the path of a religion that was created 500 years after the birth of Christ by a guerilla warrior pedophile. The Religion was the answer to resisting the Eastern Roman Empire, was most likely propped up in it's infancy by the rival Western Roman authority. Step back and look at it from a non religious historical context and you will see how foolish it is.

This all led you to seek out the mystery religions whose devotees want to contact angels. Good luck with that, if you have any sanity left it will soon be all but gone and there may be no return for you.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Fantastic

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The world is in a perpetual state of amnesia. But that's not what i would say here. It's a bit deeper than that, lets leave it at that.

'amnesia'. That just feels right for some reason. Could you give a broad overview of the theory without going into specifics?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
My own personal feelings on religion are that men corrupt what may have been inspired by true religious experiences.

What I mean is if you look at any religion, it began somewhere. Then men( and/or women) try to perpetuate was passed down to them by the people that experienced it.

Move down a few more generations and you have people writing books that explain what happened 100 years before and to me these books may have some true insights but they have been written by men.

Also, men form religions to continue this train of thought and some of the people involved seek power within those religions. Slowly but surely the original message gets corrupted a little bit at a time.

So, unless you have your own religious experience and talk directly to God, I think that you are getting filtered information that may contain less than completely accurate information.

Just think of how many different religions preach that theirs is the path to heaven.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Woodcarver

You believe that they all existed in a literal sense? This goes a very long way to prove my earlier statement that if you can believe in something without evidence then you can literally believe in anything. You have taken that one step further and have decided to believe in everything. This is a very untenable position as it is very easy to show that most of these earlier religions were exclusive in their beliefs that their God was the only one.

Its not a untenable position if you understand the context .Oh and I would say that to not believe in God would open ones self up to believe any other thing . Its not like atheist have any prof that there is not a God but that any other belief is enough not to . At best if someone wants to be honest is to say they are agnostic .unconvinced either way . But to lay the claim that there is no God takes a belief and faith in that belief no matter what the doctrine of the day is .

So what did Einstein mean by spooky ?

You can't prove that things don't exist. It is a commonly known fallacy. It is debate 101. That goes for anything. If you do not have a firm understanding of why this is, then i doubt you have any idea what makes one proposition valid, when others are impossible. Will you please provide us with the reasoning behind why you cannot prove things don't exist? Just so i know you have a grasp of this concept and why it should not be used in discussion?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

What did you take away from being exposed to Sufism? Its always sounded like the most tolerant version of Islam to other Religions.

What about it was is contradiction to your training in Islam?

To me, Islam seems to lost it's way in the modern world, it didn't adapt and "turtled" for lack of a better word.

In the battle of ideas, it seems it doesn't want to have open debates about itself or its relationship to other Religions.

Good question ! Sufism was a deeper understanding of the soul . It seemed to focus on this. I was very much into it and I really liked what I was learing. But I found it was riddled with Bid'ah and shirk . This essentially went against the Quran and Sunna . Sufism essentially gave the ok to do things outside sunna and not feel guilty about it. I have a lot more to add on this but i have little time . Maybe I can elaborate a little more on this at a later time .

Thanks for the reply.

Bid'ah and shirk? Can you elaborate.

Bid'ah Means innovation ie, things not directly from Muhammad/Koran right? Stuff added on later after his death correct?

Shirk from what little I know is "adding partners to God" is that similar to the Trinity or more similar to Gnostic thought? Sounds like one of the major No No's of Sunni Islam. Would that be accurate?

Keep searching spiritually, you will find it eventually.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
For the OP and those still searching.

Some people can identify and acknowledge the spiritual need that resides in the core of our DNA of who we are as humans, it's what makes us different than the animals.

What resides in the 'core of our DNA' is a connection to the entirety of creation.

You may call that 'god' but the 'entirety' of creation does not have a 'personality' nor an 'intent'. It has an 'organizing principle' which is to greater complexity/diversity.

No religion is required to connect with the entirety of creation.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

'amnesia'. That just feels right for some reason. Could you give a broad overview of the theory without going into specifics?

I'm afraid broader, would invoke more of which i was intent on avoiding. The closest i would come to touching on this subject would be, Humanity in it's entirety has lost it's focus and believes what it sees is real. It's not.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
For the OP and those still searching.

Some people can identify and acknowledge the spiritual need that resides in the core of our DNA of who we are as humans, it's what makes us different than the animals.

What resides in the 'core of our DNA' is a connection to the entirety of creation.

You may call that 'god' but the 'entirety' of creation does not have a 'personality' nor an 'intent'. It has an 'organizing principle' which is to greater complexity/diversity.

No religion is required to connect with the entirety of creation.

And you can assert that based on what?
...not being a dick but you post your beliefs as if they are facts.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

You can't prove that things don't exist.
try nothing ...So what does spooky mean ?

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

That is because the physical world we see constantly changes. It erodes.

The energy substrate underlying it, which we often call "the Spiritual realm", but you could also call astral or aether or whatever - the superstrings that bind and tie all of this together - Never changes. It is static so therefore Solid. It does not erode.

So therefore material reality around us is a complete illusion, while the Spirit is the only real thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join