It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He thought he saw a deer and fired his pistol. Now his neighbor is dead.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Then at that yardage it might have been a TCU .223?

Still isn't a shot I'd take with a pistol.

A long gun .223? Yep - was consistent at 250-300 yards.

But a pistol?

Nope.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Then at that yardage it might have been a TCU .223?

I have no idea what kind of weapon it might have been, other than the general description as reported (high powered, single shot pistol).

Still isn't a shot I'd take with a pistol.

Nor with a rifle, to an unknown target after dark/sunset, nope.

edit on 26-11-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I own a Thompson Contender 30-30 with the 16" barrel and scope. It's accurate to 300 yards, if you can find a rest for that heavy barrel.

This whole thing is ridiculous. The neighbor first shouldn't be hunting that close to houses, second should never fire unless he knows exactly what he's targeting and what's beyond, and third should be tried ad convicted of manslaughter.

We don't need gun control; we need stoopid control. And remember, a redneck just said that... you know, as in the kind of guy who'e known for "hold my beer"?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Most pistols are extremely underpowered, so I wonder if some kind of exotic pistol was used?

Maybe a .500 S&W or .454 Casull? .50 GI? AE? 41 Magnum?

Those are a few examples of high powered pistols, AKA things that go "thump" in the night.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Check out the Remington XP100 bolt action.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 26-11-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Most pistols are extremely underpowered

Many are, which I guess why it was designed one of the few high powered.

Maybe a .500 S&W or .454 Casull? .50 GI? AE? 41 Magnum? Those are a few examples of high powered pistols

Are they also single shot pistols? Because that's the other thing.
edit on 26-11-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Single shot does not imply black powder. Muzzle loader? Can you recall the source?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Ah, my apologies I didn't read/see the single shot part. Hmm..

This is a bit out of my purview. I am personally more into modern military weapons, and classic military weaponry. Although I have nothing against single shot hand-cannons, I prefer the nice gentle recoil of an AR or even AK. If I must use a pistol, then 9mm/.40 all the way! I wonder if projectvxn will be around, he is the FSME for the weapons forum and may know.

edit on 11/26/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This is Criminally negligent manslaughter

It occurs where death results from serious negligence, or, in some jurisdictions, serious recklessness. A high degree of negligence is required to warrant criminal liability.

2 years less a day should be the minimum for this.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
That little bastard looks pretty interesting.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I remembered handling one over 35 years ago, a family friend had a pretty cool collection..he called it a varmint gun..he also had a Thomson Contender, which is another candidate in this incident.
When I got to reading this story about a single shot handgun that went straight through the victim at 200 yards it was the 1st thing I thought of.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

However, since gun ownership is a Constitutional right laws can only be passed to punish unlawful behavior. After the fact.

The Supreme Court seems to disagree with your assessment somewhat. Has done so for a while now.

"The second amendment declares that it shall not be infringed, but this, as has been seen, means no more than that it shall not be infringed by congress. This is one of the amendments that has no other effect than to restrict the powers of the national government, leaving the people to look for their protection against any violation by their fellow-citizens of the rights it recognizes to what is called in City of New York v. Miln, 11 Pet. [116 U.S. 252, 102] 139, the 'powers which relate to merely municipal legislation, or what was perhaps more properly called internal police,' 'not surrendered or restrained' by the constitution of the United States."

en.wikipedia.org...

It doesn't say that cities (or states) cannot regulate gun ownership.

Except the Feds have regulated gun ownership and broke their own rules multiple times.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Nothing "accidental" about this at all. And he damn sure didn't kill her with one shot from a pistol at 200 yards.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
Nothing "accidental" about this at all. And he damn sure didn't kill her with one shot from a pistol at 200 yards.

Indeed, are we looking at hidden or suppressed kill instincts - where are ATS' pyshcs on this?

posted on Dec, 26 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
A TC Contender comes in many different calibers, I think the web site quotes 40. I have a friend that has one and the largest caliber he has is 7mm mag which will easily shoot that 200 yards accurately. So will the .223, the 6.5mm and so on and so on. Same with the XP100 linked above and a few others.

A S&W .460 magnum can easily shoot point blank to 200+ yards as well. Many are sighted to 200 yards with a scope for that very reason. The single shots above are even flatter trajectories.

Heck, even a match grade 1911 in .45ACP can easily hit a man sized target at 100 yards with iron sights with its 5" barrel.

That said, they guy is an utter moron for not identifying the target and for shooting after sunset. I guess that makes him a double moron.
edit on 26-12-2017 by Flipper35 because: Wasn't done.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yeah, still can't wrap my head around this one and I am not a hunter, but a lover of gun sports.

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

Actually that very well could have happened...

Since that's what's being reported and reporters/the media LOVE any chance to bag on anything resembling modern standard capacity firearms, you can bet if it had been one of these especially at such a freakishly long range they'd have gloried in telling you every little thing wikipedia has to say about this "hideously overpowered ultra high capacity WEAPON OF WAR THAT NO CIVILIAN NEEDS"

When it's not one of these, like in this case, they fall back to the old standby of "high powered single shot pistol" which conjures images of crapass movies like the jackal and paid assassins who whistle while they assemble their MURDER TOOL out of it's custom brushed steel with custom laser cut foam inserts hard case...

It's a writing style specifically tailored to trigger FEELINGS and play off STEREOTYPES rather than encourage CRITICAL THINKING...

This is not rocket surgery, just good old fashioned propaganda in action.

edit on 27-12-2017 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join