It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

InfoWars’ Alex Jones Stole Over 1,000 Articles From Kremlin-Backed Russia Today

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu
That is a plausible angle but they have not yet filed suit.

a reply to: Southern Guardian
Correct no suit has been filed. RT's interest in Alex Jones would be to use him as a megaphone for their ideas. If Jones is acting on his own accord then it would prove RT's business interests are more important to them than spreading their nationalistic propaganda.

BuzzFeed also found InfoWars contributors allegedly plagiarizing stories from CNN, Sputnik, Breitbart, CNS News, the Blaze, CBC, BBC, Vice, The Guardian, the Washington Post, the New York Times, the New York Post, the Los Angeles Times, BuzzFeed, and others.

1000 RT links over 3 years is about 1 per day. It doesn't say how many times he plagiarised from the other sources. The basis of this article is probably Infowar's method of citing sources on their website that the author believes is unlawful. Probably every single link. Surely one of these major media companies would have noticed Jones plagiarizing their work and sued him out of business. This is nothing more than The Observer badly trying to project Infowars as a RT puppet.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

This exposes InfoWars to legal action, but it’s not the only outlet that may go after the company. BuzzFeed also found InfoWars contributors allegedly plagiarizing stories from CNN, Sputnik, Breitbart, CNS News, the Blaze, CBC, BBC, Vice, The Guardian, the Washington Post, the New York Times, the New York Post, the Los Angeles Times, BuzzFeed, and others. If InfoWars lacked permission, it may find itself mired in an enormous number of legal proceedings and facing potentially millions of dollars in costs.

First of all lets just realize this is something BuzzFeed "found", and we all know how thorough and ground breaking their research is... I rarely every visit the InfoWars website but from what I've seen I'd say this is just InfoWars doing what it always does, using snippets from other articles to prove a point. Most news outlets reference other articles from other outlets, although I'd say InfoWars probably copies a lot more of the original text than most other outlets, but again I cannot really remember because I rarely visit the site. However even if they do copy a questionable amount of the original content why has it not been an issue until now when InfoWars has been at it over a decade, what has caused all these companies to get together now and decide they want to take a hard hit at InfoWars with their combined power? Typical underhanded tactics by fools who think such tactics will work...

You're walking with tumbleweeds here. Look at the stony eyed beard gripping varmints peering out from behind their cracked doors. This is Democrat country.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
When you get all jacked up on Strawberry true Caveman paleo formula, anythings possible.

Alex is a genius for building an empire on a targeted demographic of mouth breathers.

It tastes like ovaltine, but good!

I think jones has gotten in all the glib jokes you guys can muster up.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

That's the thing though. InfoWars is a business. They make a profit in part from traffic to their websites and viewership to their show. If they're using other articles, without formal permission, they are technically making money off the work of others.

Not the same thing as somebody simply posting an article on ATS.

It would be an interesting case.

ATS follows user content contribution. We earn them money. So they would, if this were a legitimate issue.

edit on 25-11-2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

They also sell dubious quality "supplements" and magical iodine that'll do...something for you. Possibly make you want to run around shirtless like Jones.

"InfoWars: Making money of gullible, stupid, paranoid, frightened people for over a decade now."

Lol, you're sure up to date with his infomercials there.

Dubious quality though, would like to see a reference for that.

Health Food Stores: making money off gullible, stupid, paranoid, frightened people since the 19'th century.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

a reply to: FissionSurplus

It is stealing, according to RT's policy.

He got caught out.

Uncanny timing hey.

Trump and the Russians
Jones and Trump
Jones and the Russians

Sounds like a 1960's sitcom featuring the galah family.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

CNN, Sputnik, Breitbart, CNS News, the Blaze, CBC, BBC, Vice, The Guardian, the Washington Post, the New York Times, the New York Post, the Los Angeles Times, BuzzFeed... may go after you...

so the propagandists will be targeting incorrigible entities for disseminating their propaganda without the blessings of Reuters and the Associated Press ...

"I had a Supreme Court Justice tell me it’s over for me,” They’re going to make it illegal so you can’t even use headlines.” said Drudge,

edit on 25-11-2017 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

No . No one is allowed to post an entire article. Only snippets and a link.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Although InfoWars included credits in the articles’ bylines, a representative from RT told Buzzfeed that they did not receive permission to perpetuate such content.

observer.com...

a representative from RT told Buzzfeed

Two trustworthy sources there for sure

BwaaaHaHaHa

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

No . No one is allowed to post an entire article. Only snippets and a link.

What makes you so certain ?

+++ ++ +

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Since when did you need permission to use something? I always thought citation was good enough.

Then again, if they want to go down this copyright nonsense path, Jones should claim he was "critiquing" the content, a clear exception to DMCA.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join