It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preferred carry ammunition

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What's CA? You must mean the gun-grabber republic

Wound cavities are a good thing. You got my attention there. But hydrashocks are definitively out of date. Modern hollow points do a good job at penetrating and expansion

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

And their discount American Gunner line, which is still better than most.

I'm looking at newer designs in projectiles as well as new propellant technologies.

There's stuff coming down the line in about 5 to 10 years that are gonna change small arms quite a bit.

Most of it will be used by the military. But some of it is going to hit our market.

edit on 25 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 26 11 17 by projectvxn because: missing letters, grammar, other readability issues.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

What "OP" do you keep referring to? I posted the OP and I assure you it has nothing to do with any lady or scenario.

It was a question I asked to other gun people, regarding their preferred carry ammo. If you don't have a recommendation, that is fine too. You don't have to reply to every single thread that discusses something you are personally against.

We get it, you don't like guns. I do. And since they're perfectly legal in the Constitutional abiding parts of the nation, I will continue to own/build/posses/carry and do whatever else within the scope permitted by the Constitution.

Laws are OK too, provided they don't infringe on a guaranteed and enumerated right.

It's not defined as 'wherever' or 'whenever' either. You better know the specific laws in your state; at home, in public or private and under what circumstance you are allowed to defend yourself with a deadly weapon. The laws vary from state to state.

Not true from where I stand. My State is stand your ground/castle doctrine. I have no duty to retreat, although some people living in nanny states do. I can use deadly force without retreat in any location if I feel my life or another is at risk of serious harm/disfigurement or death.

FYI, all firearms are considered deadly weapons, by law.

Correct.

Assault with a deadly weapon with intent to commit severe bodily harm is confined to the rarest of circumstance.

I wouldn't call it "rare" but it is unlikely that any one specific person will face a deadly threat. However, there are plenty of deadly threats each and every day in this country. I have decided to be prepared for such a threat, because the cost of carrying a firearm isn't a big deal to me. It isn't a nuisance, and in fact I prefer it. The cost of not being prepared is something I'm not willing to live with.

Even now as I type on ATS I am armed. If an intruder comes busting through my front door, I will be able to act. What would you do? Keep in mind the intruder won't wait for you to go and get your favorite shotgun (and probably load it, too).

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

proud to know ya....we have to keep one in the chamber too....some are desperate enough to come through the door....

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

What "OP" do you keep referring to? I posted the OP and I assure you it has nothing to do with any lady or scenario.

My bad, it was another thread started by DB cowboy.

Thanks for pointing that out.

My other remarks about types of ammo stand.

If you're trying to stop someone with murderous intent and you put 17 rounds "Plus one up" of hollow point into them you're going to have a harder time explaining your motivations behind that.

Theres a big difference in the investigators mind between 'stopping them' and "putting them down" as you called it.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I wouldn't call it "rare" but it is unlikely that any one specific person will face a deadly threat.

Unless you work in law enforcement or the military, odds are you' only have one such encounter your whole life.

The odds are about the same as getting struck by lightning or eaten by sharks.

Staying out of rain storms and oceans reduces the odds even further.

But then as far as life threatening, driving a car is more dangerous.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

No problem, I was confused when I read that

No biggie though, I agree with what you're saying about defensive encounters being rare. I don't dispute that.

Here, have a beer (its on me)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

proud to know ya....we have to keep one in the chamber too....some are desperate enough to come through the door....

Appreciate that, same to you buddy

These are crazy times, that is for certain. I never carried around the house up until a few years back

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

If it makes you feel any better, I almost just accidentally posted a reply in DBCowbay's thread as well

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I carry PMC bronze Full metal jacket in my Brown 1911 .45, in everything else I carry Gold Dot JHP from Georgia Arms. I practice with what I carry, that way I have no surprises if I have to use a weapon.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Nice choice, I use PMC for practice ammo and stockpiled carry ammo for .40. The 165gr JHPs (x50)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join