It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Gary Condit? (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Remember Gary Condit? You know, the US Representative from California allegedly involved with the disappearance of White House intern, Chandra Levy? Well, Mr Condit is in the news again. He is suing Vanity Fair writer and crime book author Dominick Dunne for $11 million. He alleges slander.

www.cbsnews.com

During the deposition, Condit said, "Mr. Dunne sells himself as a court reporter, a mainstream press person," Condit has said. "He went on the air and called me a murderer, and said I had something to do with the kidnapping, that I plotted the kidnapping. That's what you said, Dominick."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Gary Condit is in the news again. After losing his politcal career after being investigated in Chandra Levy's disappearance, Condit was left with his life in shambles.
Je settled a defamation lawasuit with the National Enquirer last year.
Now he is after Dominick Dunne in what Dunne's lawyer is calling a shakedown.

According to his children, who were on Larry King Live on February 11, 2005, Condit and his children now run a small business in Arizona--A Baskin-Robbins outlet.
It seems to this writer that Condit is attempting to cash in on his misfortunes.

Related News Links:
Condits cope with life after scandal
en.wikipedia.org
Sick Condit Postpones Deposition

[edit on 12-2-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well, he did take a pretty bad hit from the press. I honestly don't know whether he had anything to do with Levy's murder and certainly, he deserves some heat for cheating on his wife, but whatever the facts are, libel is libel and it's a crime.

It's kind of funny to hear that he's running an ice cream joint. It reminds me of this video.

Ice Cream Joke

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   
They never questioned Joe Scarborough about the lady dieing in his office, apparantely from an injury to the head, but ruled a heart attack although she ran everyday and had no history of medical problems. I guess it comes down to whether you are a rep or dem.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I don't know all the details, but i think he killed that girl.

He was having S&M sex with her. It could have easily been him taking a next step.

Screams were heard from her apartment the night she disappeared.

Unless there is evidence that she was also having unusual sex with some other man/men I would say he would be the prime suspect.

edit to note system flaw.

P.S. Mods I notice some other poster's posts aren't showing up except when i see them as i type my own post.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by slank]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
She was investigating something important at the time of her death.

If Gary Condit killed her, I would be surprised. There are other factors in this case that are available to those interested with a little digging.

Chandra got nosey, and my thought is, someone killed two birds with one stone by getting rid of a nuisance who was planning to write a book along with a democratic california congressman who was being stubborn on one of their plans.

Check it out, the information is definitely out there. Is implicating the President in a murder for hire a federal rap? LOL If so I don't wanna post links!

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
running a Baskin Robbins huh?

I reckon he's where he deserves to be. So much for the days of suit wearing politics for him. I'd like to see him at closing time cleaning the floors at the store.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Where did you guys get this information?

- S&M sex?
- Screams were heard from her apartment?
- She was investigating something important?

Maybe you guys are correct, but I have never read any real facts to those points. If those things are hearsay or not true then you just slandered the guy too so you better watch out. lol

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
She was a Mossad agent, she was killed by the Feds thats why they made a big deal about it watch all the jewish actor t.v. hoasts they are always talking about her, as if she was a normal citizen, didn.t you notice Billy Crystall back in 02 the way he was acting about her on David Letterman.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by SiberianTiger]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Zerotime
It's too late to slander him, his reputation has been completely destroyed. His family is sticking by him though. I suppose that's either good or bad, depending on how you look at it.

The guy looked so guitly on television, but maybe he was just really terrified of being found guilty, because he knew powerful people were behind his persecution. In the end we won't know, because the media jumped in like it always does, to trample all over the evidence and whatever objectivity was to be found about the story.

Or maybe he did kill her, and that was the collateral held against him when he joined the NWO. When he outlived his usefullness, they exposed him, and then gave him a choice. Do you want to be found guilty and go to jail, or do you want to be found not guilty and open an ice cream shoppe somewhere? Be smart, they told him.

Condit's a free man isn't he? That would tend to indicate he cooperated in the case of blackmail. They wanted him to shut up about what Chandra was doing, and he never spoke a word of it, did he? Nope. That's why he's running an ice cream parlor instead of fertilizing cemetery grass or entertaining HIV positive inmates at Bakersfield or somewhere similar.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Jews change thire names to Levy from Levi or to Lev when it come to jews in Russia, I'm not exaggerating when I say this Dude.

[edit on 13-2-2005 by SiberianTiger]

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   

WASHINGTON -- Washington Police Chief Charles Ramsey on Sunday said a woman in Chandra Levy's apartment building heard a scream and called 911 on the day the missing intern disappeared two month ago.
www.newsmax.com...

It may be that the S&M thing was a smear tactic, but im quite sure he was having an affair with Shandra Levy. He supposedly admited that to the DC Police, but refused to acknowlege it publicly.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well, he may be scooping ice cream, but he and his family ARE trying to get rich quick via lawsuits.

Carolyn Condit sues Congressman's wife says in $10m lawsuit
Condit suing tabloids over Levy accusations
Condit's Wife Settles Suit With 'Enquirer'
Condit v. National Enquirer
Gary Condit Sues Tabloids for Allegedly Printing False Stories
I could link much more:
Yahoo! Search for Gary Condit + National Enquirer

Since some of these suits have already settled, we have to assume he got some money. If his wife won her suit, and he was penniless, she must have had to give him some in the divorce settlement.
We may never know how much he was involved in Chandra's disappearance and death, but we can be sure he knows more than he is telling.

top topics

join