It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American People are Losing Without Government Accountability.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Violence isn't the answer. There's power in numbers. We can start at the voting booth and stop re-electing these career politicians year after year. Boycotting and protesting and letting our elected officials know that the American public is getting tired of being ignored works when citizens are united and not divided.

In reality, it's really why Trump was elected. Unfortunately, he doesn't uphold the values this country was founded on. He also represents the corporate mentality and part of the 1% who can never relate to the majority of Americans. He lacks credibility and hasn't backed up what he's promised on a healthcare plan nor his tax plan. We need someone as president who is credible doesn't serve his self-interests, isn't divisive and is truly a voice for the people.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

I can't agree more.

It is the same reason they can nonchalanty send thousands of American soldiers to their deaths to help keep the global markets stable abroad for their corporate benefactors when they should be defending our borders.

Most of our recent presidents were all chicken hawks. Many of our representatives never served. Yet they have no problem starting conflicts overseas that do nothing to help or benefit our country here at home. We complained about the Soviet Union during the cold war for starting conflicts and spreading communism to nearby countries. Yet isn't the U.S. doing the same by sticking our nose in Middle Eastern affairs. New Yorker's wouldn't like Californian's coming to their state and try influencing their election or trying to settle their local disputes. So why are we doing it on the world stage??

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I know. I've always said, "the American citizens are their own worst enemy." The American voter continues to vote these career politicians into office! They're also party blind. Some will always vote straight Republican or straight Democrat.

Without term limits these politicians don't have to worry about losing their jobs! They can't speak their mind and feel they have to tow their party platform or they feel obligated to corporate donors in order to keep their jobs. Americans can easily send a message to Washington by launching a campaign and not electing incumbents. Four to six years should be the max for any representative. After that they gain too much power and influence and they feel accountable to corporate donors. Besides that, we lose the ability to bring in fresh new ideas to help solve many of our domestic problems.

I really think we need a citizens watch dog group. Maybe instead of corporate lobbying, we should only have 1 lobbying group that pressures congress into passing legislation that directly helps American citizens and prevents representatives from over spending. After all, our representatives are elected to serve the people not select groups like the banking industry or corporations. Sure they need a voice, but their voice is drowning out the voice of everyday citizens.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Most americans are indoctrinated from early age about how special their country is. The land of the free and home of the brave... Equal opportunity to realise the american dream... and so on. But with that wishful thinking and expectations they are blind for the "dark" facts which have altered the state of the nation.

Somewhere in the not so very distant past the nation is quietly taken over by a group of criminals..highly intelligent criminals who systematicly have infiltrated into the highest places of government and industry. A few presidents who were close to this "fire" have tried to warn the US citizens for this danger...

IMHO this significant change... take over... took place with the murder of JFK. From then on this criminal organisation got the resources of the most powerfull nation on the planet to their disposal.

The highest authorities in the justice department are taken care of....and will be secured for the future. There is nobody who can bring these criminals to justice. The investigation of 911 is a good example to see how they got their grounds covert....not to mention how they controlled the investigation of the assassination of John F Kennedy.

Of course I am completely wrong and do I have too much fantasy.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Fortunately, this past Presidential election has opened many eyes to that fact. Maybe a couple more like that and we will reach critical mass. As long as we don't allow ourselves to get distracted again by things like race, politics, or war.

In some respects, this past Presidential election has brought both good and bad. Good in the respects that it did send a message to our elected representatives that the American people are sick and tired of politics as usual. It has actually exposed corruption in both parties and to the president himself!

Unfortunately for the bad, I think the American people were scammed by our current President. Many thought he would be on the side of hard working Americans. His campaign promises concerning "Health Care for All" and "Reducing Taxes for the the middle class and making corporations pay their fair share" has fallen short on his campaign promises. Draining the swamp and enacting Term Limits still hasn't been addressed, and time will tell if those promises will ever see the light of day. Let's face it, this president has self-serving interests. He has corporate interests and like any corporation, wants to pay the least amount of taxes. Reducing the tax rate for corporations doesn't exactly make them pay more taxes. Sure it benefits Wall Street and it's share holders, but the middle-class will continue to hold the bag when it comes to taxes! We've already experienced the failure of "Trickle Down Economics" theory under Ronald Reagan. Trump's current tax plan is much of the same.

I find this president a threat to democracy. He's further divided Americans along party lines. There's a lot of truth to the American saying..."United we stand, divided we'll fall." Attacking the press and calling everything fake news is a threat to the 1st amendment rights of the free press. Our founding fathers wanted a free press to help the public expose government corruption. To label main stream media as all fake news is dangerous to a democracy. In Trump's world, his unsubstantiated facts and any criticism of his policies, ridiculous comments, or childish behavior is an attack on him. Which is exactly the responsibility of a free press to expose poor leadership behavior that could be detrimental and dangerous for the country. It's exactly why dictatorships want full control of their press. They don't want the public to know about their corruption, incompetency or their strong armed tactics used to squash descent.

The public had the right idea to want an outsider to shake-up Washington. Unfortunately, Trump was not the intelligent, sincere, credible or "real negotiator," he lead many to believe. He simply wasn't the leader hard working Americans needed in their corner. To excuse or deny his wrongs is only adding fuel to the fire by not holding our elected officials accountable for their actions! Which is the main point of my post.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I agree all people should be accountable for their actions, but we can't continue to defend our affiliated parties and their actions when they're clearly wrong. There is a clear divide among the elite and the rich. A simple look at the justice system and how they receive leaner sentences or just a slap on the wrist is a tell tell sign.

Congress makes most of the laws that affect our everyday lives. The current tax plan wants to remove local deductions citizens have been using to help lower their taxes! Sure political abuse is everywhere. What I'm saying is too many Americans defend the status quo which end up biting them on the back-side in the end.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Don't sell yourself short. Your "fantasy ideas" are not that far fetched. Any American should ask themselves, if our government was not complicit in the JFK assassination or had any knowledge of the 9/11 attacks, WHY are there governmental "confidential documents" related to these incidents?? If they had nothing to do with these attacks, what do they have to hide? 9/11 was the worst attack on American soil, and the government spent less money on investigating it than they did on the Bill Clinton affair! Cheney and Bush had a closed meeting about the attack. I'm sorry, that raises a lot of red flags in my book! The public had every right to know everything about the 9/11 attack. Over 3 thousand American civilians lost their lives and over five thousand military personal lost their lives connected with that attack!

The recent release of the JFK confidential files clearly raises the suspicion the CIA was involved in the assassination.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

This is exactly what I'm talking about! You're trying to defend Trump by pointing the finger at a president who is no longer in office! Sure, Obama had a lot of wrongs but he did pass some legislation that helped Americans...Like student loan forgiveness. On the other hand he was the worst president for attacking government whistle-blowers!

His Obamacare wasn't perfect but it did help more Americans get healthcare coverage. Yep, he lied about people keeping their existing healthcare insurance. However, you have to admit it was a good thing that his program prevented insurance companies from denying people insurance who had pre-existing conditions, or allowing young people to stay on their parent's health insurance plans until the age of 26.

We can go through a list of what he did was bad and good, but lets be honest, and stop using partisan politics to attack the opposite party. Point out the wrongs these elected officials do, don't attack them just because they're represent the opposite party! I'm an Independent, don't care for Trump, but I will give him credit if he addresses term limits and can create a better relationship with Russia. I also give him credit for taking a tough stance with North Korea, but I don't feel he thinks before he speaks or tweets and antagonizes a loose cannon like Kim.

I feel it would help the country as a whole if both sides worked together instead of attacking each other. It's exactly why we have a "do nothing congress." Trump doesn't help matters when he continues to attack Democrats. He prides himself on being a great negotiator, but he's certainly not shown his negotiating skills when it comes to uniting both parties for the common good of all Americans. If Americans follow down this same path, it will eventually destroy this country.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It's kind of sad when you think about it that way. I believe many Americans have lost sight of what America stands for. I also believe our representatives have become more self-serving and are out of touch with the majority of Americans. I can't understand when people complain about "their" taxes going toward helping people get on their feet, yet ignore how corporations are not paying their fair share in taxes and hiding their profits in overseas banks. Or how our representatives sending billions of dollars in foreign aid overseas and spending trillions of dollars toward military spending.

Sure, I can agree the welfare system needs to be overhauled to make sure our government gets work returned in exchange for a check and food. Yet it's a system that a civilized country enacts if they have any concern for their fellow man.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Today's elected politicians have nothing to fear from the public. Until they do, nothing will change.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yep, the Democrats that have been accused of sexual harassment should be expelled from office. Yet they're not budging. Like I said, they protect themselves. They even use our tax dollars to defend themselves! I don't know about everyone else, but I'm enjoying seeing these politicians being exposed for who they really are.

Voters who are still defending Trump and Moore's accusations of sexual harassment/molestations, are not holding them to be accountable for their actions. We can't keep ignoring blatant wrongs because all we do is give them the confidence they're untouchable. That makes Accountability from the people non-existent.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Today's elected politicians have nothing to fear from the public. Until they do, nothing will change.

And they want to keep it that way! I question why they're dumbing down the education system in this country. That could be the exact reason.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Im an Independent too. I don't care for Trumps behavior.

The media needs to stop attacking him 24 hours a day with trivial nonsense in an attempt to brain wash public.
George Soros needs to be delivered to a US prison for his part in the illegal terrorist operations. All hate violent groups need to be broken. All

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Lucky American people are armed to the teeth so they can reel in that rogue government...

But the rogue government controls the cops and the military....energy and food distribution. Corporate media control/Capitalism

edit on 25-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Yet it's a system that a civilized country enacts if they have any concern for their fellow man.

Big difference between civilized behavior and what is called "Civilization".

This isn't civilized...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I know i was being facetious.

I wish I had answers to this riddle, personally I am Jack of greedy selfish, self interested leaders that are scourge all over the planet, the only president I have any respect for is the world's poorest president, what a legend.

I'm not sure there are even enough people on the same page willing to stand up for the corruption, those that are on the generational welfare wagon will fight for their government to keep their lowly payouts, the rich are happy with the deal they get too, so that just leaves the middle class and there simply isn't enough of us.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Lucky American people are armed to the teeth so they can reel in that rogue government...

But the rogue government controls the cops and the military....energy and food distribution. Corporate media control/Capitalism

According to some members on this site they are more than a match for that, obviously they are not yet they still think they are.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I know i was being facetious.

I wish I had answers to this riddle, personally I am Jack of greedy selfish, self interested leaders that are scourge all over the planet, the only president I have any respect for is the world's poorest president, what a legend.

I'm not sure there are even enough people on the same page willing to stand up for the corruption, those that are on the generational welfare wagon will fight for their government to keep their lowly payouts, the rich are happy with the deal they get too, so that just leaves the middle class and there simply isn't enough of us.

When groups in power want to suppress or to exploit its minority group they do so by portraying that group as a fearsome enemy or a major problem of the society through lies and manufactured news items.
They utilize propaganda to turn harmless targeted groups into a fearsome enemy through lies and manufactured news items.
They then use the fraudulent information to justify attacking and or mistreating the group.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

The media needs to stop attacking him 24 hours a day with trivial nonsense in an attempt to brain wash public.
George Soros needs to be delivered to a US prison for his part in the illegal terrorist operations. All hate violent groups need to be broken. All

George Soros is controlled Opposition.

I find it really convenient how his name pops up every time some Crony Capitalist Corporation or Banking Conglomerate wants their way. Here comes Soros to the Rescue!

We see it now with him in support of Net Neutrality.

We saw it with Occupy Wall Street where the protesters were pissed about the bail outs and corruption on Wall Street.

Funny how the "DEMS" had control and guess what, nothing happened!

The Corporate Media turned Occupy Wall Street into a bunch of dirty hippies looking for handouts and free college tuition rather than people looking for accountability.

That was a sad turning point in our countries history where people realized that protests no longer work since the Big Banks and Corporations own our government so that angle is useless.

You will never again see protests on that scale in this country ever again, it was a sad lesson that money, and not citizens of this country determines its direction.

edit on 25-11-2017 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
That must have been a nice long nap you took, Mr. Van Winkle. Now that you are awake, take a look around. Have a cup of coffee first.

originally posted by: jacobe001

originally posted by: visitedbythem

George Soros is controlled Opposition.

I find it really convenient how his name pops up every time some Crony Capitalist Corporation or Banking Conglomerate wants their way. Here comes Soros to the Rescue!

We see it now with him in support of Net Neutrality.

We saw it with Occupy Wall Street where the protesters were pissed about the bail outs and corruption on Wall Street.

Funny how the "DEMS" had control and guess what, nothing happened!

The Corporate Media turned Occupy Wall Street into a bunch of dirty hippies looking for handouts and free college tuition rather than people looking for accountability.

That was a sad turning point in our countries history where people realized that protests no longer work since the Big Banks and Corporations own our government so that angle is useless.

You will never again see protests on that scale in this country ever again, it was a sad lesson that money, and not citizens of this country determines its direction.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join