It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday Death Count.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Christmas is built on a lie...

I say we go full retro and re-invoke the Saturnalia. Much better party atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
If there were an EMT burst, it would disable the majority of everything we need in our daily lives. Food, water, medicine, fuel, and travel.

What you see here would be multiplied a thousand fold. Only those with a way of defending themselves would survive. Life would only be worth a pack of smokes or a can of peaches or dog food......

Black Friday, the beginning of the Christmas season..... Peace on Earth, good will towards Man.

Dog food would have a different meaning.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: LordOfDestruction

Dude that did that clip should have had some nice shreddin Slayer mosh pittin' music jammin in background.

"Skeletons of Society" would be perfect!

m/

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Get out MAH way for phat lootz

BLOOD FER DA BLOOD GOD.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: peck420

It was this one:

Samsung 55" Class FHD (1080P) Smart LED TV $447.99, regular price $1,199.00.

Most of thr electronics are leftovers and outdated tech which is why they are so cheap at black friday. No one would pay 1195 for a 1080p TV. 4k is the standard now. I bought a samsung 4k 43in curved smarttv a few months ago for about 600. The tv in that link should have been 500 all year.

For example a quick search on amazon shows you can get a samsung4k 50 inch for 477.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I paid less than $200.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

There is a lot more to TVs than just resolution. Some 1080p TVs are still pumping out absolutely incredible PQ. Many of the features may not be relevant to all customers, but I would say even the most unfamiliar could tell the difference with HDR and WCG vs. a 4k TV that doesn't have them. In other words, many would probably be well served to completely adopt the tech (which obviously requires upgrading the whole A/V chain), or get a killer 1080p set. Totally just an opinion though.

Personally, when I am looking to buy pretty much anything, I'm willing to spend up to 18 months waiting and watching. Frequently, the best deal does happen to fall on black Friday/cyber Monday.

That said, I don't go to any store, and really don't understand the madness that can ensue. People have always been nuts though, so there's that.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Does she give you one of the 25% coupons as well? Those are really handy. I got my PS4 (399.99) day one with a game (79.99) for less than $399. All prices CDN.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Does she give you one of the 25% coupons as well? Those are really handy. I got my PS4 (399.99) day one with a game (79.99) for less than $399. All prices CDN.

Wal-Mart has PS4 for $199 today.

My son wanted the Xbox though. Call me cheap but I will not spend $400 for a gaming system.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I kinda wish I had gotten an XBone instead only for the sole reason that they have backwards compatibility with the 360 games. With PS4 you can only stream previous playstation games and you have to pay for the service.

Edit: If the xbox is $400 it's the Xbone one x which is more powerful than PS4 pro, so it might be worth it.
edit on 24-11-2017 by Autorico because: added stuffs

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Not sure. All I know is II supposedly paid much less than I was supposed to which is always a good thing.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

start a riot in the bookstore lol, funny, people on black friday never fight over books, its always electronics

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

whats odd is, that tv is like 400 in my area, im in the Greater Toronto Area, very cheap for Canada. There are 4k 50 inch tv's for like 500 bucks Canadian

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LordOfDestruction

Having worked in a bookstore.. that's not entirely true.

Sure, full blown riots didn't happen, but fist fights very commonly broke out during the "holiday season."

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

i got a Xbone off a crackhead for 200 on kijiji, haha. Hamilton, ON is the loveliest town in the world, i swear

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Ugh, eastern Canada

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

serious? that's messed up

agree with what u said about tv's though, for me the best gaming tv for my xbox is a 60hz Panasonic plasma tv. people will say that is a crappy tv but the refresh rate is what is need for optimum gaming, at least for a console, makes a huge difference

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

lol, southeastern Ontario, the universes butthole

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I beg to differ, middle of Saskatchewan for me

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join