It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless man spent his last $20 to keep her safe. She’s raised $250,000 to repay him

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I helped a homeless guy out once.

It was helping him out of my porch because that's where his ass fell asleep.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: TinySickTears

Just saw the story on the news, and drugs were mentioned. That seems to help his situation be better understood. But that doesn't make him a monster, just another person who let some bad luck define them for a while. I hope he comes out of this a winner.

That's what usually happens. Someone get PTSD from any kind of event. They get nervous about anything from crowds, darkness. sudden noises or people creeping up on them. So they take tranquillizers, sleeping pills, soft and hard drugs, but that gets them into trouble. Maybe staying up late and playing loud music will do the same. They lose their job and/or get evicted at short notice. Then they can't find anywhere and take to the streets. Then it's hard to get back up their feet.

There are some charities that help homeless people get back into mainstream society. They give them a wash, shave, haircut, new suit along with a safehouse to stay until they get their addiction problems sorted.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...

It's mashugana I tell you.

Happy Holidays All and Each and Every On of Us!

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

A beautiful story, i love hearing about real life events like this one. It only takes one person to change the life of another. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

In this case, for the better.

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Google the shaky lady

posted on Nov, 25 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think its great that this couple wants to help him. But 250000 could help a great many more get off the streets. It could help many more who in need of a chance.

As far as the id. In my state you need a ss card to get a state id and a state id to get a ss card reissued. It's a horrible catch 22 that ends with many in situations like this. (Taking drugs out of the equation)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join