It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why haven't suicide bombings occurred in US?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Okay guys, this is my first post...be gentle.

These types of attacks are popular in Spain, Isreal, Iraq, Iran….many different countries. The bombs do not seem to be made of very sophisticated material and can be made rather easily by almost anyone. People walk free on the streets everyday without being “tracked” or harassed. If you have a heavy coat on due to chilly weather then the bomb can be hidden without worry. They can happen anywhere, anytime and with all the freedoms that we have here in America, I am surprised that no one has taken advantage of them.

In my opinion if one suicide bomber successfully blew himself up with or without injuring or murdering anyone else the impact would be enormous. The people of America would be worried to leave their homes and would be suspicious of everyone. There is no way to predict or control the whereabouts of suicide bombers. They are random.

When an airplane is hijacked then security measures are taken to protect airports. Same with government buildings, bus stations, ports, and post offices. However, how would you control a suicide bomber in America without taking away the rights and freedoms of all Americans? Also, you cannot profile certain types of people or search random people on the street without probable cause. How would you know the person standing next to you in a coat or with a big purse did or did not have the next homemade explosive?

What do you all think?

[edit on 12-2-2005 by Nieta]

[edit on 12-2-2005 by Nieta]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I beleive the reason we have not seen suicide bombers is because that type of tactic would not help them very much. I think the US government would just round up all arabs and put them in a concentration camp. this would prevent Al Qaeda from being able to pull off the next big one. I think Al Qaeda is only interested in pulling off big terrorist attacks within the US.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by cryptorsa1001]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Let’s just keep our fingers crossed.

Arguably, the planes that hit in 2001 were bombs. I also think that suicide bombing in the U.S. is not logical as there are many ways to it, like the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995. Perhaps when some terrorist come here, their attitude may change as they see that this is a diverse place, a place where they can practice their religion as long as it is not violent, and even their own country men can be successful here and happy as long as they work hard. Plus we are even nice to illegal immigrants.
The scary part is that they believe that they will go to heaven and sleep with 53 virgins. Yuck.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
i feel we haven't seen suicide bombings in the US is simply because no one cares enough about any cause to kill themselves to further it's progress.

it's so much easier just to stay home and watch tv...

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Simple. Once we found out who was responsible, we'd carpet bomb his hometown. Basically a suicide bombing in the US would greatly accelerate the US's involvement in the middle east.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BANGINCOLOR
Simple. Once we found out who was responsible, we'd carpet bomb his hometown. Basically a suicide bombing in the US would greatly accelerate the US's involvement in the middle east.

I agree that there should be some kind of retaliation, however collateral damage from such bombings will fuel (fueled) them even more.
If everything happens for a reason, then we should really dig deeper in the rabbit hole.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I feel that the potential terrorist know the repercussions would be very severe, you think the Israelis are mean.....

Plus why bite the hand that feeds you?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I feel that the potential terrorist know the repercussions would be very severe, you think the Israelis are mean.....

Plus why bite the hand that feeds you?

hehe you have the intelligence of the prototype american patriot!

thats nice

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It is well known that Al Qaeda uses suicide bombing in there global war against freedom. However Americans dont use suicide bombings as a political tactic for two reasons.

1 Americans arent brainwashed into thinking that in death they will become heros in the after life.
2 Americans understand the democratic process after all a dead person cant (legaly) vote.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Heres my take on your question.

This question has crossed my mind many times. I can assure you that one strategic strike by a group of suicide bombers, Sept 11th like, would have devastating effects. I believe that it is just a matter of time before such an event happens in this country and heaven forbid that it would happen on a frequency that it happens in other countries such as Israel or Iraq. A single event by a group of terrorists would not just affect those that were physically involved but it would also be a devastating one psychologically to the public. The public would be afraid to do everything. On top of that, it would be very difficult to know who is who and a nightmare of a task to prevent.

Would September 11th be the day it is today if both towers had remained standing? The original plan was just to fly the planes into the buildings. They never expected the buildings to completely fall down because they had failed in 1993.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The reason no such attacks have taken place is the threat of terrorism in the US is miniscule. There is no real threat. This isn't what we are told though is it.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Okay I respect the question , but dont look now it might be in the works, and we just dont know it, anything can happen no matter the precautions taken when they are in the frame of mine they will complete the task and we are not goingto be able to stop it, however I dont want to rush it if you know what I mean, OOOOHHHHH and a point of intrest one of the bomb factories raided in Iraq had a SUV with a current Texas tag and registration and was reported stolen earlier last summer just so as you know.

One SUV with US tags isnt the last if they can get one they can get another.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The answer(s),according to me is:

1)The CIA and NSA are really doing their job on gathering as much intel about any sudden attacks such as what you mentioned,suicide bombings,and preventing them(through covert operations like assasinations etc.).As most of you know,CIA knew about the 911 attack but they didn't act quick enough to stop it.

2)Ingredients that are used for the bombings such as,for example,ammonia are a somewhat controlled subtance and use of such substance are only permitted for environmental purpose.Countries with those suicide bombings happening either have no such regulations on how such substance can be use or those substance can easily be bought.

3)This may sound awkward but I'm going to say it as this is a conspiracy website.I believe the U.S government or the elites are controlling the Al-Qaeda terrorist cells around the globe and maybe the elites order the leader of each cells to not have any suicide bombings occuring in the U.S.

Though suicide bombing is INEVITABLE in the U.S.This,I can guarantee you.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I think it is because America is actually a pretty stable environment. Putting your average young terrorist in the middle of our society and having them “blend in” starts to open their eyes to what type of people the common folks are. We’re basically tolerant, open, and very giving. There is a lot of opportunity and transmission of ideas in this country. Suddenly they get both points of view. They see Arabs living peacefully next to christens and start to learn the meaning of tolerance. This has the effect of reducing the fanaticism so necessary to kill innocent people.

Remember, it was reported that only one or two terrorists on each plane knew that it was actually a suicide mission. Many of them were led to believe that it was a hostage taking mission.

Yes, there are probably some fanatics able to hold their purpose here over a long period of time. But I do remember a thread here (and posts elsewhere) where G.B. had sent a message to OBL that Mecca would be destroyed if another 9/11 happened on our homeland. I happen to believe this to be the case. It would be the one thing that would absolutely prevent another attack if OBL believed it to be true.

Other considerations:

1 – We’ve killed 20,000 + terrorists in Iraq. Including a lot of valuable command and control elements. The beating they are taking in Iraq cannot be overstated, it’s like draining a swamp…messy work but good results once you’re done.

2- Our intelligence agency’s have started to “roll up a lot of the cells here and in Europe.

3- Saudi Arabia did not fall from within as planned. Their response was much more brutal and effective than Al Quiada planned for.

4 – Afghanistan has become more and more inhospitable to their activities.

5 – Portions of Pakistan and Indonesia may be the only places left in the world where Al Quiada operatives can work freely. The destruction of Ache may have torn holes in their operations in Indonesia.

6 – The United States is winning the propaganda role. After the Iraqi elections it appears that the “left wing supporters” of their cause have become silent. The media appears to have lost some interest in romanticizing their efforts and Al Quiada has been exposed for the frauds they always were.

7 – If the Israeli / Jordanian and Egyptian refugee problem can be resolved to even a modest degree it will defuse a very strong piece of Al Quiada propaganda. And don’t call them Palestine refugees because most of them are folks thrown out of those two Arab countries onto Israel’s doorstep to cause them problems.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Suicide bombs already happened in the US.

The reason the small ones don't happen, is because it doesn't have a significant enough economic impact.

The goal is not to kill Americans, it is to weaken their economy until they cannot afford their operations anymore.

If they want to keep borrowing, and keep continuing with their military bases in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Turkey, Iraq, Afghanistan, and so on....well, that's fine; just don't be surprised when a dirty bomb goes off in your backyard.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
heartagram,

You know as well as I do these things are never controlled just the illusion of control exists, we thought we controlled our own air space till 4 planes ended being used to kill all those people. the ingredients can be gotten thats no garuntee. and as for the point of borders look at it this way if they can steal a truck from Texas USA and it end up in a bomb factory in Iraq then a car can be brought in as well already ready to go it could drive right up to the US border patrol and boom and you dont know it even happened till its to late and if they come at the border at multiple points they will break through and the next thing Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico , Nevadam or California gets a very rude awakening and at the same time an introduction to militant warfare first hand. Never ever think you are safe we made that mistake , in Hawaii, Pearl Harbor , and our air space wasnt secure still and 4 planes killed alot of people because we didnt learn from Pearl that air space is something of a risk and even on the ground a commercial airliner can be obtained and used for war.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
~snip~
The goal is not to kill Americans, it is to weaken their economy until they cannot afford their operations anymore.
~snip.

Seen the deficit lately? IMO we're all ready there. My GRAND children's (God, Allah, Buddah, Eris, et.al.) future has been mortgaged for a) WMD removal for the sake of regional stability...OOPS!, i mean, b) evil dictator removal for the sake of his oppressed citizenry. Lets face it, the reasons are as numerous as they need to be, anything can be justified in the name of "security" , any action can be taken against a person or group (conveniently) defined as "a threat".

The bottom line is, oil dudes are getting rich, gov. contractors are getting rich, heroin producers and distributors (guess who) are getting rich.

Plus, I guarantee you people on "your" side are getting rich as well. The fellows moving the money to keep Al-Qaeda financed are just as corrupt as the fellows on the other side of the fence.

We're all but pawns in an game as old as the ages designed to pump money from those who need it most to those who need it least. A necessary element of this game is distracting the public from the truth and the current "distraction" is the "War on Terror" .

Its all a hoax.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Personally, i think that there have been no real threats to either the US or UK national security by way of suicide bombers because America is still reeling from the affects of "911". At the moment, they probably think they have done enough damage for now.

As already quoted above in previous posts, the repercussions to any terrorist threat would be catastrophic for the nation involved right now.

But i have to say, that i do believe that one day it will happen. Its inevitable considering the amount of brain washing that these so called "freedom fighters" have been dealt with.

I keep my fingers crossed that this will never happen.

No one could have imagined that the WTC would have been attacked in their wildest dreams. Right now, anything is possible.

Being vigilant is always a good thing, but it can lead ultimately to paranoia.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryptorsa1001
I beleive the reason we have not seen suicide bombers is because that type of tactic would not help them very much. I think the US government would just round up all arabs and put them in a concentration camp. this would prevent Al Qaeda from being able to pull off the next big one. I think Al Qaeda is only interested in pulling off big terrorist attacks within the US.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by cryptorsa1001]

i see the US will be taking a leaf out of the Nazi book

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   
dabryankkruta,my friend,

Pearl Harbor wasn't an accident.

www.whatreallyhappened.com...
www.unsolvedmysteries.com...

That's why I'm enforcing the idea that a suicide bombing in U.S is inevitable.Being one of the most hated and despised country,it is not surprising that a suicide bombing could occur anytime anywhere in the U.S.

Dude,you probably misunderstood what I'm saying.I support the idea that you never knew that you're really safe until it strikes you.My country built itself from this notion and look where we are now.One of the most modernised country in SEA.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join