It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Is Sending Haitians Back To A Country Still Mired In Disaster

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I don't see the problem...

TPS recipients will have to achieve legal status or return to Haiti by July 2019 ― or risk deportation.

They have 18 months

Haitian TPS recipients have been living in the U.S. for 13 years on average

They've been here for 13 years...

It blows my mind how this upsets people. They've had on average, 13 YEARS to make an attempt at legal status.

So first... People come here illegally and demand to stay yet all the years pass by and they don't do one damned thing to become legal.

If they're breaking the law to get in... why wouldn't people generally assume that they'll break laws they don't agree with all the while living here? This applies to all people who came into this country illegally. You broke the law... You don't get a free pass just like I don't get a free pass. Why should free passes only be given to people who's first action in this country, breaking the law!?

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The Trump administration has ended immigration protections for thousands of Haitians in the U.S. starting in 18 months, which will force many to abandon the lives and communities they’ve built to return to a country still recovering from disaster.

i read that and i got bummed. sounds like a dick thing to do though to be fair i dont know all the particulars.

Well, if all the people leave Haiti, who will be there to help with the "recovery" efforts?

All that Trump is doing, is helping the nation of Haiti get back on its feet as fast as possible, by sending them all the able bodied personnel the world can spare at the moment. And those most interested and concerned about Haiti's future are, you guessed it, the Haitians themselves.

There you have it. Trump is the wisest politician on the earth.

Who else would he send there? Americans?

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: loveguy
Well.
It's gonna take able-bodies to do the repair/rebuilding.

Hoping they attain some skills so as to build better infrastructure.

I remember some of the pics showing the devastation;
it appeared they built cinder-block walls sideways rather than atop each other where rebar could've been used more effectively, if at all.

Someone should educate them before they rebuild using bunk plans.

That's something they should have done while they were here... Picking up trades that will help their country out when they return home. Apparently they didn't want that. They just wanted a free ticket out and never look back when, if they were as compassionate as we're supposedly un-compassionate as we're supposed to be for sending them back, they would consider taking all this new American knowledge and know-how and go back and rebuild their country to something better for the sake of their fellow Haitian. But noooo... They don't want to go back to that # hole.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
People need to stop running away from their disasters of countries and instead fix their problems at home themselves.

There is nothing we have here that they can't have where they live, if they have the spine to take charge. No government can stand up to a united population if they want change.

Look at Mexico with it's educated population, lots of natural resources and ask, why can't they enjoy anything we have there? The answer is, they chose not to work and fight for it and run away instead. What are people going to build here, they could not build where they are?

It's not the cream of the crop running away, it's the people who gave up and ran, mixed in with criminals and gangs who use them for cover. They need to look inward and stop looking for solutions by running away. If they don't have the fortitude to fix their own homes, they are not going to be of any use here. They will still be the same people who would not, could not fix things in their lives elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

That's a good point. People in North America don't seem to flee to another country when disaster strikes.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck
You probably would be nicer about it ^^^ if you wore the shoe on the other foot?

I'll have to disagree with your signature.
Whatever those Italians make their sausages from tastes the best; variety of ingredients made the way I like.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

That's a good point. People in North America don't seem to flee to another country when disaster strikes.

So I guess Trump was lying when he told us all about how screwed up it is? (Or was, I guess he fixed it by now.)

You know Mexico is in North America, right?

edit on 11/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

"The Trump administration has ended immigration protections for thousands of Haitians in the U.S. starting in 18 months, which will force many to abandon the lives and communities they’ve built to return to a country still recovering from disaster"

Recovering from the 2010 Haiti earthquake, the one where the Clinton Foundation was supposed to oversee the recovery of, using BILLIONS from contributions from foreign countries, now missing....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Totally forgot about that. My apologies.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Is there an upside to running and hiding in a neighbors basement, hoping someone else will come and do all the work for you vs dealing with your own problems and fixing things yourself? I don't see it.

All that money gone to Haiti and for what? It's in other peoples pockets, things were not fixed and never will be until the people there wake up to the fact only they can truly fix their problems.

I'm all for helping and in fact gave what I could only to see it wasted. We need to view these things differently, give them the tools and materials to help out, but it's up to them to do their own work. Abandoning their homes to live in our disgusting inner cities is not a solution to their problems at home.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Abandoning their homes to live in our disgusting inner cities is not a solution to their problems at home.
I agree. Haiti has been a pit of corruption for a very long time. I guess the people who aren't fortunate enough to get out must like it like that.

Good thing Puerto Ricans are American citizens.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Treating people from the third world like they are helpless little infants and helping them flee instead of fighting their own battles is not a long term solution. Like I said, give them the tools if we can, stand back and let them lift themselves up. Teach a man to fish.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

But...America First. Right?

Are all of these refugees living in squalor in inner cities?

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Nice try

This is not the Pit, I'm not a Trump fan and I'm not taking the bait. I'm not that bored and I'm just killing time waiting on dinner so I can get at the Pumpkin pie.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply
edit on 23-11-2017 by chrismarco because: I should just be quiet sometimes

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I can see why they're upset. They were likely expecting the same sweet deal all the other illegal immigrants get. How is that fair that they have quasi-legal status and we boot them for it?

Nope, they had 13 years to become officially legal. It only takes seven to become a naturalized citizen.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Trump not sending them back, he just didn't extend the program. It's long overdue for them to return home. We have trouble taking care of our own, we don't need other countries problems to take care of too.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
And I note that everyone is made at us for not continuing to let them squat here in legal limbo, but why isn't anyone upset that Haiti continues to be a dysfunctional hellhole after 13 years? Shouldn't we expect them to have fixed some of their crap up by now?

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

You forget all the Americans that fled the US and migrated to Canada when Donald Trump won?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join