It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Is Sending Haitians Back To A Country Still Mired In Disaster

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The Trump administration has ended immigration protections for thousands of Haitians in the U.S. starting in 18 months, which will force many to abandon the lives and communities they’ve built to return to a country still recovering from disaster.

i read that and i got bummed. sounds like a dick thing to do though to be fair i dont know all the particulars.

TPS recipients will have to achieve legal status or return to Haiti by July 2019 ― or risk deportation.

Haitian TPS recipients have been living in the U.S. for 13 years on average, according to the Center for Migration Studies. They also have 27,000 U.S.-born children. Those parents may soon have to decide whether to take their children to Haiti ― for some, a country they have never known ― or leave them behind.

then i read that and saying you have 18 months left of a temp deal that was going on for 13 years does not really sound bad/wrong.
temp status. no more temp status.

sorry about your luck.

i try to think about it from all angles though.
for those people its a bummer for sure.
then there are young kids that are involved that were born here that are going to have to take off with their parents. major bummer for them.
not fair or even not right for them. they didnt ask or cause any part of this.
just stuck in the middle

then i think though all that is true and this is going to sound terrible but it is true.
thats just the way it goes for people. at every level.
youre in a situation and sometimes you come out on top and sometimes you get dicked.

can it be fixed? i dont know. i dont know anything about politics.

should they be allowed to stay?
lets say sure. no big deal. as a whole wouldnt that set some sort of legal type precedent that would cause some sort of avalanche of all of a sudden x amount of legal, permanent residents?

send them off?
were they a drain?
there is a thing called humanity
there is also a thing called not my problem

i am sorry i am rambling but i am just sitting here having a think while i have a smoke and i start to ramble but my brain starts firing off.

in a perfect world none of this would be an issue. it would be nice if it were that way. if we were all just world citizens.
sounds great. wide open borders. i think we all know that will never happen and though sounds great i dont think it would ever work.

so here we are

just sucks when you think about people in a # situation.

i will say that i have been thinking about this for a while and i think it sucks for them in the end but if it really is as simple as you were here temp and it was 13 years and not you have 18 months to head out....

i dont really see the issue
have to factor in everything. the law as well as morality.
fair right?

sorry to ramble.

edit on 23-11-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Half the damned planet is 'mired in disaster'. Enough!!

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

It's a painful necessary action in order to revert another of the multiple Obama's f#ck ups. Blame him.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

It's a painful necessary action in order to revert another of the multiple Obama's f#ck ups. Blame him.

not blaming anyone.
# sucks for everyone. always has
we're all just at different levels

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
So, your rambling means one thing-life ain't fair.

We all deal with unfair tragedies. Try not to think too hard. It's depressing.

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If you’ve had 13 years to become a citizen and didn’t, when you knew you had temporary status, I find it hard to sympathise.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
So, your rambling means one thing-life ain't fair.

We all deal with unfair tragedies. Try not to think too hard. It's depressing.

pretty much

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
If you’ve had 13 years to become a citizen and didn’t, when you knew you had temporary status, I find it hard to sympathise.

True.

Besides, I thought Hillary's family foundation cleaned it all up.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
we helped for many years, can't do it forever when there are American mouths to feed.

if after 10+ years you cant recoup a loss and go back home to rebuild, then go mooch in Canada.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The Trump administration has ended immigration protections for thousands of Haitians in the U.S. starting in 18 months, which will force many to abandon the lives and communities they’ve built to return to a country still recovering from disaster.

New insurgency, fully trained in political, criminal and military tactics, unleashed on Haiti to take over and control the country.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

I wonder what they will call this 'new' rebellion in the press.

They can't be Jihadi or commie terrorists. Maybe something to do with Drug Cartels...

Future Headline: US military 'intervened' in Haiti today to save the Haitians from themselves. Airstrikes have been ongoing since dawn.

edit on 23-11-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Reminds me to our nice nation, Germany.
We send back masses of refugees to Afghanistan, some of them worked for the NATO/Bundeswher, in Afghanistan, and are abolutely not safe there, from revenge of the clans there. But we keep an uncountable amount of north africans that are criminal. Those are the people that make every refugee look bad, because they look like refugees.

Is there a war in morroco and tunisia, so we can´t send these criminals(!) back?
We can send back afghanistan people to afghanistan, because it´s peaceful enough there, in parts of afghanistan, according to "our" politicians, "our" government, those puppets. These Afghans are not known to be criminal, many of them are even well educated, better than some of the people here meanwhile. There was a documentary, a team followed a deported afghan, searched him in Kabul. They found him three days later, wounded by a car bomb, not hurt too badly, to his luck. Safe it is, in Afghanistan, right?

But if you are morrocan or tunisian, you can do whatever you want here, three crimes a week and get caught three times, you will not be deported, not even go to jail. If i would do the same things they do, as a german, i would be in jail, believe me!

I don´t know how much tunisia, algeria, morroco pay for being safe from taking their criminals back, and who get´s that money. There is no other reason for that behavoiur of "our rulers"!

But that is how it is, if you are down and did not even something bad and behave like an average human, everybody that thinks that he is a bit better than you, will stomp on you from above. Everybody that gets stomped from above, kicks those that are under them. And at the end you have refugees that really need protection but will be send back into civil war zones, it´s nothing else in afghanistan. Because they have no chance to defend themselves anymore, they are worth nothing anymore, like it seems, for "our" decision makers.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It might give you some comfort to know that many of those Haitians are ending up in Canada.

There was a video posted a few months back that showed Haitians walking across the Quebec border in droves. The Police were even there to help them through..

Don't wanna go back to Haiti? Come to Canada..

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Trueman

not blaming anyone.
# sucks for everyone. always has
we're all just at different levels

I know you didn't blame anyone, but we should blame him. He is responsible for that mess.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Draining the swamp didn’t just mean politicians. 13 years and still not a citizen?, pack up, time to go! I’d love to know how many of this population never got of welfare, how many are repeat criminal offenders?? Ya I’m a racist, blah blah blah.......

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
They were supposed to be here for a short time till it was safe and sanitary there again. How long have they been here now, we were never supposed to let them stay here for that long. They could have applied for citizenship if they wanted to, but the majority didn't. Their aid would stop and they would be just as poor as the people in Haiti if they did. Send them back, if they desire legal residently, they should have the option if they have shown they are not criminals and have worked here to make a living legitimately.

We have to work for a living here to get ahead, I cannot see them subsidizing these people more than our poor get. Florida is a high cost of living state, the rent there is really high. Those subsidies are way higher than what we get here, most of our people here do not get rent money unless they live in government approved low income housing. A women with a kid can sometimes get rent subsidies and some other programs do pay rent. The government pays these places way more than what regular landlords get here for their appts.
edit on 23-11-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well.
It's gonna take able-bodies to do the repair/rebuilding.

Hoping they attain some skills so as to build better infrastructure.

I remember some of the pics showing the devastation;
it appeared they built cinder-block walls sideways rather than atop each other where rebar could've been used more effectively, if at all.

Someone should educate them before they rebuild using bunk plans.

edit on (11/23/1717 by loveguy because: i like that word better here

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

No, please don't.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I mean, why not?

This administration must wake up each morning, look at things and go "What's the absolute worst way to handle this?"

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

At least your leader cares about immigration and doesn't make the police hand walk people over your border.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I think ten years is the maximum amount of time for a decision. I know Indian guys in Britain with US citizenship. Smart fellows.

I might be wrong. That's just what I heard.
edit on 23-11-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: Explained

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join