It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook To Inform Users If They Fell For Russian Election Propaganda

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Any one who relies on face book for their news is a lost cause to begin with.

Just sayin.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I'm sure that diligent, truth-seeking Americans not only want to know, but are willing to admit that they "liked" and "shared" memes, photos, and commented on fake stories. I mean, the brainwashed are always eager to undo the damage!

I'm sure they are talking about the left and all the fake polls that were reported by the fake-news media like CNN. WAPO, and oh Facebook.

The entire time the left wasn't willing to admit the truth, and they still aren't . Maybe Facebook will set them straight!

edit on 23-11-2017 by Diisenchanted because: to add

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Can Facebook pick out the color tie I'm supposed to wear tomorrow?
a reply to: DBCowboy

They picked out Kettu's and he looks foxy!

edit on 23-11-2017 by Diisenchanted because: to fix

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

as the CIA doesn't operate domestically.

What a load of shiite

You should do even the basic research of a high school student before typing

www.quora.com...

While the primary operational grounds of the CIA are indeed outside the US, it is permitted to act within the US to address the specific areas of foreign intelligence, counter-intelligence, and terrorism. The CIA has branch offices in several cities in the US. Some of these are simple liaison with critical industries on issues such as computer security. Others serve to keep watch on international espionage efforts, intelligence defectors, and the like.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nixon In 1971, the NSA and CIA were engaged in domestic spying. The DOD was eavesdropping on Kissinger. The White House, and Camp David were wired for sound. Nixon and Kissinger were eavesdropping on their aides, as well as reporters. Famously, Nixon's Plumbers had in their number many former CIA agents, including Howard Hunt, Jim McCord, and Eugenio Martinez.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Facebook (Zuckercuck) has Clinton No-Accountability syndrome. They tried everything they could to help HRC and still lost. The blame has to go somewhere.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I love how defensive people are

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I admire the sentiment but my friends know if they link me to crap they get unfriended PDQ. I don't want it, don't wanna see it an especially don't want associated with it. Employers DO check out your social media and I'd prefer to not appear to be a brain damaged idiot.

If their junk is that important they can email it to me.

Plus who believes that FB can or will tell you what's Russian Propaganda???!!!!
Yeah...RIIIIIIIGHT!!!
ROFLMAO!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
"Thanks for informing me Facebook. Had I not clicked on these links, I would have never known about the left/Hillary's guilt and corruption. Well played!"

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: rickymouse
I "like" what friends of mine post that winds up on my timeline all the time. Half the time I totally disagree with what they are posting, but they are my friends and I do not want to start pissing them off. Most of my facebook friends I am either related to or they have been friends of mine for thirty or more years. Or their parents were.

I don't see the point of Facebook doing this, don't they realize that people just give likes sometimes to boost someone's happiness a bit. Their management must be totally disconnected from reality if they can't see that happening. Most people do not want to be rude to others that are real friends. Real friends are ones you know from real life engagement with them, not internet buddies. I don't know if posts on the net are even real, they could be generated by a computer or someone getting paid to spread lies.

Facebook won't last another ten years, they will chase away all their patrons.

Right.
Sometimes I like a friends post with out even looking at it just to alert them that I am online and they should pm me.
I can't be the only person that does stuff like that .
I have also liked stuff I didn't agree with at all just because I liked the girl posting it...

But personally I would like to see if I liked any russian propaganda. I mean I'll remember if it was something I agreed with. And this would be an incite into how governments interact with each other that we normally don't see.

There are probably people who actually liked things that really agreed with them. There was Russian propaganda that was real too. People tend to believe things if there is some truth in them. That is a psychological abnominality humans have. A lie or a twisted version of a true thing will be believed by many if there is some true information contained within it.

Here is an article, the guy mentions a series of ones and zeros. He says it is random, done by flipping a coin....but there is a pattern even if he does not believe there is.phys.org...

0011 001 001 0011 that is a pattern. I would speculate the next number to be 001 but there is not enough to get an accurate prediction. Stuff like that is always on IQ tests, the writer of the article must not have taken an IQ test. This guy is ignoring natural patterns so he is ignorant that a pattern is there because to him it is random...it is not.

You need all the facts and adequate evidence to bust a conspiracy, even here they use lack of evidence because of no testing having been done yet to disqualify the reality of something. That is not true science.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: rickymouse

I admire the sentiment but my friends know if they link me to crap they get unfriended PDQ. I don't want it, don't wanna see it an especially don't want associated with it. Employers DO check out your social media and I'd prefer to not appear to be a brain damaged idiot.

If their junk is that important they can email it to me.

Plus who believes that FB can or will tell you what's Russian Propaganda???!!!!
Yeah...RIIIIIIIGHT!!!
ROFLMAO!!!

It's just facebook. It is not a scientific journal or anything worth getting excited over. It isn't real life, your real friends you have known for years and have gone out and done things with are much more important than Facebook. Your relatives are more inportant than facebook. Facebook is used by many to spread things, some people don't even read the articles they post. Some posts are not even theirs, they liked and followed something and other things wind up on their page from that place. If they like something to appease a friend, that post can wind up on my timeline, they just tried to give that person more likes.

Never take anything on Facebook personally unless someone is cutting you down personally. A like and share is nothing, most people I know do that all the time without reading anything other than the title of the article. I know these people, they are not the kind of people who would post that if they knew what lies it contained.

Remember, those propagandas from Russia were not all fake, the content in a lot of them was real, the Russians do have spies here and know some of what goes on. Does it matter where that info comes from if it is true?

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

That's telling them. Where do people get the idea that some of our spy agencies do not operate in this country? Homeland Security is not about threats from Abroad either, it is about any threat existing in this country, from inside or out. It is not just about TSA at airports. They monitor a real lot of conversations and posts a year.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I wish FB would back the F off. Don't tell me what I want and don't throw your rubbish my way. Cripes they rub your face in their "tools".

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
"believed to have been employed by the Kremlin"

'believed' to be.

believed.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If you encountered any Facebook content that was overtly supportive of the Trump campaign or content that was overwhelmingly negative against the Hillary campaign you were likely a victim of Russian trolls spreading propaganda intended to interfere in the election and influence the outcome.

edit on 23-11-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Wow!!

Fakebook is the bastion of truth, full of benevolence, trying to help humanity #resist the recent realization that government is corrupt, all because of Trump and the Russians!!!

Great Thread Kettu, you are doing us all a major service in making us aware that we can rely on Fakebook to be the arbiters of reality!

Enjoy your cognitive dissonance for free, using Fakebook!!

LOL Fakebook to inform users! You really can not make this s*** up, freaking priceless!

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130amThursday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So, Facebook also colluded with the Russians. # them down! How can they aide Russia in influencing us? They say they are exposing Trump but they are really exposing themselves. Good bye Facebook.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Don´t worry, next time they will here directly in the rust belt to post and they won´t even have to pay for post.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: Kettu Well, I'm sure this is going to go over really well with people who use Facebook and support Trump! (obvious sarcasm is obvious)...

Facebook will soon release a tool that lets users see if they liked or followed any Russian propaganda during the 2016 election, the tech giant announced Wednesday. The tool will reveal to users whether they interacted with Facebook or Instagram accounts operated by the Internet Research Agency, a St. Petersburg-based company believed to have been employed by the Kremlin to spread political messages throughout the election. The tool will apply only to content users may have interacted with between January 2015 and August 2017. Facebook expects to roll it out by the end of the year.
I'm sure that diligent, truth-seeking Americans not only want to know, but are willing to admit that they "liked" and "shared" memes, photos, and commented on fake stories. I mean, the brainwashed are always eager to undo the damage! Since Facebook got a bit of a black eye hosting and allowing Russian propaganda, it seems they're making an attempt to clean their conscious:

“It is important that people understand how foreign actors tried to sow division and mistrust using Facebook before and after the 2016 US election,” the company said in its announcement.
I suppose knowledge is half the battle, but given the numbers of people likely exposed, I wonder how many people will actually pause and consider the things they're shown?

In September, Facebook revealed that a likely Russian-based operation spent $100,000 on thousands of ads promoting divisive political messages and that it had since deleted the accounts posting them. More than half of all eligible voters in the U.S. were exposed to that Russian propaganda between January 2015 and August 2017.
Link In the end, however, I doubt anyone here on ATS or elsewhere will for one second believe that their incredible intellect was toyed with by Russian propaganda. I mean, we're the "woke generation"! Nothing slides by us! We see the puppet masters behind the scenes! I'm reminded of a joke I saw recently that sadly likely reflects many Trump voters:

Two conspiracy theorists die and go to heaven. Now that they have the chance to ask any question of God, one of them asks "Who was REALLY responsible for 9/11?". God responds "A group of Al-Qaeda terrorists led by Osama Bin Laden and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed." The conspiracy theorist gulps and turns to his friend. "Damn. This goes even higher up than we thought."

No matter how much Russia hacked, influence or interfered, most everyone who went and made him the winner by voting, did so because HILLARY CLINTON IS CORRUPT! More corrupt than anyone, or even everyone else combined.

So your entire thesis is a complete joke.

Hillary lost because she is a POS plain and simple. (And a really nasty one at that).

I think your reply is a complete joke, and a typical nonsequitur.

The only people who still care about Hillary are Trump supporters.
edit on 23-11-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

Wow!!

Fakebook is the bastion of truth, full of benevolence, trying to help humanity #resist the recent realization that government is corrupt, all because of Trump and the Russians!!!

Great Thread Kettu, you are doing us all a major service in making us aware that we can rely on Fakebook to be the arbiters of reality!

Enjoy your cognitive dissonance for free, using Fakebook!!

LOL Fakebook to inform users! You really can not make this s*** up, freaking priceless!

So many garbage responses like this. You guys are in denial.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join