It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's time lapse video of 20 years of earth just proves global warming is a lie right?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Anyone in their right mind can't pin point what is going on. Just a bunch of paid for WE KNOW!! We do know that humans take more than they give. I agree with that. The earth has polluted itself over billions of years compared to what man has done in our miniscule existence. Whether it be from an outside source or within. We just live in a time where we don't have the bombardments cleaning things up. It is really a quiet neighborhood. Putting earth back to sleep in a way is what she needs. There is no warming without cooling!

Lightmeup04

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

I don't think humans want their particular climate (where they live) to change. The Sahara desert becoming a rainforest will not be well received by the residents of the Sahara.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
a reply to: dan121212

Earth and the Cosmos run in cycles. Always has and always will. I don't doubt that Man's activities pollute and hurt the Earth as far as the species' that inhabit it, but as far as temperatures, that is something that rises and falls all of the time. I believe many of the answers may lie more in space than just here on Earth as well.

Yep! What you said!
Its normal Earth cycles. Nothing to see here folks....iTruthSeeker set you straight......!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You...you think the residents of the Sahara would be opposed to increased rainfall, increased vegetation, increased water retention, increased foraging, increased animal and agricultural cultivation? Show me the other side, I'm missing it.

Okay, there are two outlooks here:

A: Anthropogenic Global Warming - humans increase CO2, leading to more arable lands in Northern Africa. First World society pays less in relief due to increased land usage. Global awareness maintains its current level allowing these gains to resist exploitation. Prosperity rises.

B: Natural Cyclic Climate Change - humans have no impact on the arability of Northern Africa, which continues to increase. First World society pays less in relief... Global awareness has no effect. Prosperity rises.

Northern Africa was once the most prosperous region on the planet. Just look at the Giza plateau. You don't want that back?

Best

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The media is free, and there is HUGE carbon tax credits money being made.

How much do you think it has cost to really get the average US citizen to go from cheap incandescent to compact florescent to LED lights? All the replacement bulbs are way more expensive seem to be crap quality and not last long. That is a money maker and just one example.
Let's not even talk about 90% plus furnaces with all the vac switches that last a year or 2. Another money maker that is spurred by false scarcity and the quest to save the planet.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Is this what AGW-denial has come to?

Time Lapse Rorschach Tests?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

I starred, but the opposite could be said as well.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun

I starred, but the opposite could be said as well.

Not really. But whatever.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I'll bite. What evidence of AGW did you see in those animations? I'll watch again. I've got nothing but time.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I'll bite. What evidence of AGW did you see in those animations? I'll watch again. I've got nothing but time.

Oh, I thought you were saying that pro-AGW arguments in general had now degenerated into Time Lapse Rorschach Tests. They haven't. There is solid science behind AGW.

I wasn't saying this particular video supported AGW.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

No problem. I see where you're coming from now. My point was that the videos are ambiguous, and are ripe to attach whatever significance one sees fit. Climate change is 30 years plus. This is 20 years of data. It's pretty to watch, I'll give it that. Your comparison to a Rorschack Test is astute. Good comment.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
Here is another vid showing the arctic ice melt .

Thanks for this vid.
The very first thing I thought when I read the op and watched the video was this," Isn't the problem the thickness of the ice and not the size?"

So I scrolled down to see if anyone else new this. I didn't have to scroll far.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CalibratedZeus
The problem is this is only 20 years. 4 billion year old Earth and we think we understand what is going on with it in 20 years. Not even a split second in the cosmos is those 20 years.

Anyway, I also am not saying nothing is wrong and we are not screwing things up worse then they might be, but, yeah. More needs to be done, we spend money on far more idiotic purposes

Well you got to ask yourself. Do you believe in coincidence?
Because it's defiantly suspicious that this 20 years span just happens to coincide with the industrial revolution.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

a reply to: TheScale

You've touched upon my non-scientific prediction. Wouldn't it be great to see the Sahara turn green again? What a massive carbon sink that would be. A brand new rainforest. Food for the African people. What if, and I'm just speculating here, what if increased CO2 levels was the best thing that ever happened to us?

Well don't forget global warming is only a negative thing from the perspective of most life on earth, not all.
As shown in the video above, the new growth in africa that is occurring. From the perspective of that grass and whatever life forms are in it GW is great. lol
edit on 23-11-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

How is the media free?!!

How are all the scientists you need to lie for you free??

You would have to be paying off everyone who even had the potential to figure out your lying..

And if your lying, someone could figure out an experiment to prove it.. or he’ll really all they would have to do is check your math..

All those expeditions to research Climaye change cost..

Jesus Christ.. Climate change is a household name.. not some obscure thing no one will check up on you for..

As to lightbulbs, you’ve got ad campaigns, materials, research....

Again you have to pay off anyone knowledgeable enough to debunk your claims..

So in a nut shell, why do any of that when they could just print more money???

It’s not based on gold.. no one could track how much is in circulation but the government..

And how risky/expesive is that??

Over time for a couple security guards???

You can’t have both things....

Either ,

A) the government controls the scientists and media....

B) the government perpetrates tax scams..

If the government owns the scientists and media. There is no need for tax scams.. they could just print more money..

Tax scams are only logical if there is not one group controlling the government.. its only logical if there are different factions that police each other..

If there are a multiple factions in competition, then there is no perpetrating a climate change scale conspiracy..

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Adding to that, one can see the eastern see getting warmer over time.

Although, cycles and such...

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Compared to what??

Oxygen and nitrogen??

That is an easy at home experiment..

If you mean water vapor.. or some green house fade that we are not producing on a CO2 scale, then how is that relevant???

We are not pumping out those things to that level...

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DamnBluePill

Because they evolved to live in the system as it developed..

They have a pretty iron clad timetable on how all that played out..

The oxygen extinction, exc..

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I think you would have to be an expert to tell from that video if there were significant changes or not. I don't see proof one way or the other in that video. Do other ATS users think it supports global warming or not? What is AGW?
edit on 23amThu, 23 Nov 2017 03:01:49 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join