It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's time lapse video of 20 years of earth just proves global warming is a lie right?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
as you can see for yourself, Nothing significant has happened over the past 20 years, I don’t see the snow getting smaller and smaller every year I don’t see the Sahara getting bigger every year, so what do you all think?
oh and this video is just an animated cartoon right?
edit on 22112017 by dan121212 because: spelling

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dan121212

Earth and the Cosmos run in cycles. Always has and always will. I don't doubt that Man's activities pollute and hurt the Earth as far as the species' that inhabit it, but as far as temperatures, that is something that rises and falls all of the time. I believe many of the answers may lie more in space than just here on Earth as well.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

agreed

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Global warming=money.

A good way for some libs to earn some quick dough, example Al Gore.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

The Earth warms and the Earth cools. It's been going on since before Man arrived, and will continue after Man has snuffed himself out.

What new information are you trying to bring to our attention? You placed this thread in the "General Conspiracies" forum, so I assume you're attempting to make a point of some kind.

edit on 11/22/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Okay, I read the articles, I watched the videos, my strongest criticism was wishing the global videos, or at least a version thereof, put the Pacific Ocean in the middle of the frame. It seems like you and the OP are on the same page. Why disparage the post? The headlines definitely read to the effect that the NASA visualizations showed the effects of global climate change, with a strong emphasis toward AGW. I didn't see it. Maybe they should have done a better job of handholding us on that tidbit. My understanding is that "climate change" occurs in periods of 30 years or more. How, then, does 20 years of data relate to climate change?

Best.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Then where does the heat go..

A) CO2 absorbs more heat than other greenhouse gases..

B) we produce an insane amount of CO2..

So where is that heat going to go??

What mechanism will remove it from the earths atmo??

That is why climate change gets the support of 95% of scientists..

It’s easy math..

From their it is up to detractors to put forth a theory as to why it will not effect the climate..

What effects the earth will face due to that heat ate debatable.

The fact CO2 holds heat better, and we are producing a unprecedented amount is not debatable..

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Here is another vid showing the arctic ice melt .

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The problem is this is only 20 years. 4 billion year old Earth and we think we understand what is going on with it in 20 years. Not even a split second in the cosmos is those 20 years.

Anyway, I also am not saying nothing is wrong and we are not screwing things up worse then they might be, but, yeah. More needs to be done, we spend money on far more idiotic purposes

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

This is indeed a very enlightening time lapse... we're always shown those periods when the ice is retracting as proof global warming is a real threat, but watching the same cycle occur over a 20 year period makes it absolutely clear we've had virtually no effect on the extent to which ice covers the Earth and how close it comes to the equator each cycle. Skip from the start of the video to the end and it looks like the magnitude of ice/snow coverage has not changed at all.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

On the contrary. While snow extent hasn't changed much, the mass of ice has declined as has the extent of sea ice in the Arctic. Neither of which is readily apparent in the animation but can be demonstrated elsewhere.

But there are subtleties in the animation which many seem to be missing.

Satellites have measured the Arctic getting greener, as shrubs expand their range and thrive in warmer temperatures. Observations from space help determine agricultural production globally, and are used in famine early warning detection. As ocean waters warm, satellites have detected a shift in phytoplankton populations across the planet's five great ocean basins — the expansion of "biological deserts" where little life thrives.

www.nasa.gov...

edit on 11/22/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

How???

Because you have to subtract all the money they have spent faking it, from the total...

Isn’t their a less expensive way to fleece the government??

Also faking global warming would almost certainly require the complicity of the government and media..

Well if you are the government and want more money, why would you pull off convoluted tax schemes when you could just fire up the presses and print as much as you wanted..with almost no overhead..

Before I buy into a conspiracy I ask myself..

A) what would it cost to orcastrate??

B) what is the potential pay off??

C) who benefits?

D) can I think up a cheaper , easier and less risky way to achieve the same goal??

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Then where does the heat go..

B) we produce an insane amount of CO2..

So where is that heat going to go??

What mechanism will remove it from the earths atmo??

That is why climate change gets the support of 95% of scientists..

It’s easy math..

From their it is up to detractors to put forth a theory as to why it will not effect the climate..

What effects the earth will face due to that heat ate debatable.

The fact CO2 holds heat better, and we are producing a unprecedented amount is not debatable..

watch africa. see how it gets greener and it actually does go northward of the equator a couple degrees. thats vegetation growth that has seen record breaking growth every year that our co2 levels get abit higher, with that growth comes a massive suck on the co2 in the atmosphere dropping it rapidly over a month back down to our low normal levels. theres some nasa videos that show just africa and that happening from a newer satellite. im going to try and find that to post it here aswell since it shows a finer detail of africa going through these yearly cycles. dont forget, all life as we know it is carbon based life, so theres a plethora of sources to buffer co2. id be more worried about other gases like nitrous oxide, methane etc

this isnt the video i was looking for but it gives awesome info that lets u understand that video above. what the colors mean and whatnot. it goes into some of what phage was mentioning aswell so im sure he will appreciate it. also bad music around the 4:30 mark, u might want to mute it.

well normal link wont work so here u go www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-11-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

You've touched upon my non-scientific prediction. Wouldn't it be great to see the Sahara turn green again? What a massive carbon sink that would be. A brand new rainforest. Food for the African people. What if, and I'm just speculating here, what if increased CO2 levels was the best thing that ever happened to us?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Nothing significant has happenned over those 20 years.

Put the bong down and walk away from carnival barkers like Al Gore

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Actually it's the exact opposite, CO2 isn't a very effective greenhouse gas.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Both ours and nature’s released gases are intelligently designed to benefit one another. Theoretically as we produce more CO2, increased forestation would be excepted to occur, thus producing more oxygen into the atmosphere for increased human population consumption. There have been studies showing increased forestation across the globe. Unfortunately greed and the use of nature for public consumption is out balanced at the moment. What I do not understand is if the earth was intelligently designed, why is the majority of the earth made up my water that can not be utilized for consumption
edit on 22-11-2017 by DamnBluePill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DamnBluePill

If by intelligently designed you mean that creatures evolved to metabolize the extremely common combustion product CO2 and H2O, then later creatures evolved to metabolize the toxic byproduct of that metabolism O2, I would agree. I would not even be surprised if actual in-the-flesh aliens were bipeds like us. Terrain negotiation, and all.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DamnBluePill

"why is the majority of the earth made up my water that can not be utilized for consumption" because there's more sea life

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

edit on 22-11-2017 by gort51 because: changed my mind

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join