It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heilung...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Heilung, in German it means healing. And at first glance these guys don't seem to be healing anything. But I gotta say it's a real throwback to drum circles, and legends and all things barbaric and tantric. It's a real change of pace, and I'm not really sure why I never heard of them before...maybe it's because of lack of instruments or whatever. The performance takes this historical idea and recreates the entire atmosphere...maybe this is what drum circles used to be like?

Anyways...give it a listen let me know what you think...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
Heilung, in German it means healing. And at first glance these guys don't seem to be healing anything. But I gotta say it's a real throwback to drum circles, and legends and all things barbaric and tantric. It's a real change of pace, and I'm not really sure why I never heard of them before...maybe it's because of lack of instruments or whatever. The performance takes this historical idea and recreates the entire atmosphere...maybe this is what drum circles used to be like?

Anyways...give it a listen let me know what you think...

I ain't going to lie, I actually like it, well, some of it, I am not through yet.
The second 'song' where the woman sang was REALLY good, it sounded like a soundtrack, I had it on as background and up fairly loud too, I really enjoyed that.
Where the guys are singing kind of gruff-like it's not as appealing to me, but then again, when I first started watching this video I thought it sounded and looked way too gimmicky.

I will listen to the rest when I can and I am going to looking for more.

Thank you for finding this, it's not often that I hear 'new music' that I like now days.
edit on 22-11-2017 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I keep expecting Krampus to come out...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If you like Heilung, check this thread out.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp

I ain't going to lie, I actually like it, well, some of it, I am not through yet.
The second 'song' where the woman sang was REALLY good, it sounded like a soundtrack, I had it on as background and up fairly loud too, I really enjoyed that.
Where the guys are singing kind of gruff-like it's not as appealing to me, but then again, when I first started watching this video I thought it sounded and looked way too gimmicky.

I will listen to the rest when I can and I am going to looking for more.

Thank you for finding this, it's not often that I hear 'new music' that I like now days.

Yeah at first I thought it was like a performance band, like GWAR or something similar...I thought it was cool and funny. Then I started really listening and found the "pulse" and I was hooked...so I started reading a bit about them.

As far as finding it...I'm glad I did, this is something unexpected.

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Thank you SOOOO much for that link!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Lol im totally INSANE over these guys,not just the music,the artistic shamanic mysticalness,for me as an artist- they are a book full of artistic inspiration ( i love doing shamanic works) and hypnotic shamanic sound. Tour de Force

posted on Feb, 24 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Thank you for posting this. I am finally getting back to you on this three months later
! I imagine it's something like what the Vikings were head banging to. This is some heavy #! Crazy vocal work and mad percussion. The shaman chick got some sexy going on. Those crazy warrior dudes wouldn't have to twist my arm for me to drop to my knees for her. Again thank you kelbtalfenek! Cheers!

new topics

top topics

join