It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Surrender. PEACE...for just one night!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
As of this moment, I lay down my sword, I quit my fight.

I love my fellow man, regardless of religion, color, ethnic background or political persuasion.

There are so many things which anger us all in the moment, but at the end of the day we are all the same. We are just people. Tomorrow we will have a day in America where we put aside all differences and just enjoy family and friends. All religious, ethnic, cultural, sociological and racial boundaries be damned... we are one.

Can we just have a few minutes of peace...all of us?

I wish all a day of joyful coming together, and just a moment to let it all go for even just a little while.

God Bless!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'll pass on Family and friends. They use Thanksgiving as just another excuse to abuse Alcohol and each other.

I think I'll just stay at work, have a sandwich and count my blessings that I have a profession that is not only financially lucrative but enjoyable with co workers who have the same goals and passion to make something worthwhile.

Union proud, Union Strong.
edit on 22-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Happy Thanksgiving!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I too yield. Happy Thanksgiving!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Well said If only more people thought like you

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I like you, FCD. I like your lifestyle, your individuality, and you seem a good sort, even if we don't always agree. I also respect you.

Why can't the quitting of fight and the laying of swords last, why can't peace last? The following is not directed to you personally, but: why must it only seem to mean something, or so much, on "special occasions?"

Happy Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Peace Man .

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I just bought a gun today.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Happy Thanksgiving FCD.

I hope everyone in the US has a wonderful time tomorrow with family, friends, pets or anything else that makes them happy and allows them to relax and be at peace.
Even if, just for the day.

It's my wife's birthday tomorrow. I plan on leaving work at around noon or so and make the 2 hour drive back to town.
Then...drive right past my house and to the store to get her a present lol.
Still don't have any idea what to give her. Last year I gave her $1000. And told her to buy some clothes, make up, what ever.
She went out and bought me and Xbox Elite controller for $280 CDN.
Then bought the kids a couple hundred bucks worth of clothes and stuff they wanted.
I think she only ended up spending a few hundred on herself.
It felt very informal giving her an envelope of cash.

I was thinking about buying her a dishwasher. Had a nice stainless steel one picked out from Best Buy, but when I mentioned that to a coworker he said that would be a bad idea lol.

Maybe we will just go out for dinner some place nice then I'll tell her we can go shopping or something.
I'll mention he dishwasher and feel out the vibe from there lol.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I've bought the wife appliances before, if that's what she really wanted. I try to err toward the fun side, and not just the droning work side, but still. I also try to do something we both can use or do. In fact, there's been a couple times she's said that was all she wanted, over and over. Upright washer and dryer set was one. She still comments how much she loves them.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I love my fellow man, regardless of religion, color, ethnic background or political persuasion.

There are so many things which anger us all in the moment, but at the end of the day we are all the same. We are just people. Tomorrow we will have a day in America where we put aside all differences and just enjoy family and friends. All religious, ethnic, cultural, sociological and racial boundaries be damned... we are one.

I wish all a day of joyful coming together, and just a moment to let it all go for even just a little while.

God Bless!

Happy Thanksgiving to you Flyingclaydisk! I agree that the conflict is ripe around here at times. In the end we are indeed all one and on the same journey, just at different stages along the way. When you look at things from a different perspective, you cannot help but love everybody. Even the worst criminal has a spark of brilliance inside them. All will learn and find their way in time.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope the house gremlins let you finish of that brined bird in true magnificence so that you and yours can enjoy a wonderful day together in good food and fine company.

Wishing you much peace and love!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

God Bless!

Hiya FCD. Happy Thanksgiving to ya from the "D". Nice thoughts. Couldnt agree with you more. PS 'Been enjoying your threads and posts of late. Getting pretty prolific there bud!!!

Peace, MS

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Buying your wife new kitchen appliances doesn't seem like a real personal gift,kind of like buying a laborer a new shovel,I grew up in 50's 60's,was the thing they portrayed on tv,but as I became single realized,that only makes you look good to your peers,use your imagination don't think housewife

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Well, I will admit, at face value it does 'seem' a bit callous, but there are a couple key exculpatory factors in my case.

First, the wife IS a Chef, so that has more than just a little bearing on it. Kitchen appliances to her are like cars or power tools to other folks.

Second, and possibly even more importantly, we ARE in the process of designing and building a $60k+ gourmand kitchen in our house complete with commercial kitchen grade appliances...at her request.

Extra Credit, we both love to cook, so just because she gets an appliance she wants to fill in the blanks doesn't necessarily mean I won't be the one cooking (for her) with it...so, it's really a win-win situation.

And now you know...the rest of the story.

edit on 11/23/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

War is the only answer. The Unites States MUST keeping bombing and killing Arabs for Israel.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Sorry about your corn flakes!

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

War is the only answer. The Unites States MUST keeping bombing and killing Arabs for Israel.

Please enjoy a day off from spitting poison.

Happy Day.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Yes we can.

In our case it means limiting contact with certain family members, those who feel the overwhelming need to bring drama to any gathering. During a family gathering the drama queens seem to compete for who can bring the most drama so we've basically removed ourselves from those gatherings.

This year we will miss the following:

Dramatic tears because a loved one is in jail far away for being a thief.

Dramatic tears because a loved one won't have anything to do with an overbearing, demanding crazy mother.

Dramatic tears/howls because the Baby Mama won't let Grandmother have Baby on holidays.

Drama over one family member getting a new vehicle and anger because a sibling didn't get gifted the older vehicle.

Limiting contact with those folks means peace for those of us who are somewhat normal. This year that means the youngest daughter, her husband and their dog will be joining us for our Thanksgiving feast of hot dogs and cowboy beans done over the fire. The only drama will be from the cats torturing the dog and that will make us all laugh because he's sooooo cute when he pretends to in mortal fear of those two beasts. It's actually pretty funny, they pretend to be enemies until the humans get settled around the kitchen table. Then the animals get to occupy the couch in front of the fireplace and the drama begins anew when we've finished eating.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, no matter how you decide to celebrate.

edit on 23-11-2017 by diggindirt because: correction

new topics

top topics

join