It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempted suicide for Flat Earth proof?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Im sure many of you have already read about this twit...

Mike Hughes of California plans to launch his home made rocket in the near future to prove the earth is flat to the world...

ahem...

apparently Mike has already launched one of his own rockets before, with him in it (of course)... afterword he had to use a walker for a while, but hey... its all for science!!

In this launch he will be taking pictures for his proof... i guess he missed the argument Flat Earthers use about the camera lens causing the curvature in any photos of the earth

Anyways, lets wish Mike a good trip!!

Flat earth research will eventually get to the bottom of this scandal... Or perhaps the top, depending on which way you look at it

I see they've even hit the dome as shown in this video

Progress people!!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hope it works well for him.

I'm wondering if he's really a flat-earther or if he's using that to boost publicity. One way or another, he's fun to watch.

If he really is a genuine flat-earther, you have to admire his passionate dedication to his beliefs. My goodness.
edit on 09America/ChicagoWed, 22 Nov 2017 16:03:09 -0600v2017vAmerica/Chicago11f2017 by servovenford because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Considering a jet liner is going quite a bit higher than he is this seems more like a publicity stunt.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

He states in the article that he doesn't believe in science

Eta...lol rockets and not believing in science, there's a combo
edit on 22-11-2017 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Man is he gonna be surprised!!!

Science, we has some!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

He states in the article that he doesn't believe in science

Eta...lol rockets and not believing in science, there's a combo

No need for science... his rockets are steam powered

erm... no wait

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Momma always said stupid is as stupid does.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I'm sure Henry Fords contemporaries feared speeding past the 35 mile per hour mark, thinking it was the limits of human endurance. Ambitions overcame fear, and that spirit exists today.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I really hope he has clearance from the FAA or he's gonna have some fighter jets on his tail.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

*facepalm* How in the blue hell did a farcical accusation about climate change skepticism some years ago morph into idiots actually believing the Earth is flat? Or is this all still just part of the red herring squad?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
lol u realize what happens in that rocket video is very well explained by the rocket designers themselves? they have a system inside the rocket that stabilizes it when it reaches a certain point. just go to wiki to find out

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

So, his last attempt resulted in him suffering from the extreme inertial forces of impulse, being accelerated from a standstill up to fast enough to fire him 1500 meters.

And his next 'rocket', using the same principles, is supposed to be more powerful, achieving a peak height of 1800 meters.

How is this not attempted suicide?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

We need to let this guy do this.
It will go a long way to putting this nonsense to rest.

True freedom is he freedom to make mistakes and hurt yourself.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well.......as George puts it.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

So, his last attempt resulted in him suffering from the extreme inertial forces of impulse, being accelerated from a standstill up to fast enough to fire him 1500 meters.

And his next 'rocket', using the same principles, is supposed to be more powerful, achieving a peak height of 1800 meters.

How is this not attempted suicide?

The guy claims to not believe in science. So I'm not surprised that he didn't take notes and follow the scientific method for his next flight. It makes me wonder how he ever got a rocket off the ground in the first place. My guess is he didn't build it himself. He is paying a real scientist to build it but not listening to the them when they tell him about the dangers.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Yea some of these people you just have to wonder what makes the tick

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

*facepalm* How in the blue hell did a farcical accusation about climate change skepticism some years ago morph into idiots actually believing the Earth is flat? Or is this all still just part of the red herring squad?

Is that were the flat earth bs started? I never knew that.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Plotus

Yea some of these people you just have to wonder what makes the tick

Oh I have nothing wrong with this. Whats the point of life if we never feel the exhilaration of being alive. Evel kinevel was not and never claimed to be a scientist. He was just a thrill seeker and there isn't anything wrong with that.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
He'll prove both that the Earth is round and that Darwin was right.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join