It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accused 'Make America Great Again' hat thief could face jail time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: lordcomac

originally posted by: Jefferton
Why is this news?

Exactly?

originally posted by: Krakatoa

And, you have some form of valuable comments or other thoughts to add to the conversation other than flippant trolling questions?

I actually agree- why is this news?
Person commits non violent crime, person gets caught by law enforcement, person goes to court.... and person will probably have to accept the charges.
Jail time seems excessive for what appears to be a case of school yard bullying (outside the school yard), but if thats what it takes for these people to grow up than so be it.

Why is this news?

People go to prison for more important crimes every single day. More importantly, people get away with worse crimes every single day....

It's news to them, because right wingers are desperate to read nothing but anti-left stories, no matter how stupid or pointless, they get off on it.

Oh?
I bet you'd consider me to a "right winger" - so why are you making this about left vs right?
It's a hat, people. Petty crime for petty people, and now it's causing petty arguments over the internet?

Easy pal. I was never attacking you. Just the ridiculous topic.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Had you seen the video and heard her saying f#!k your laws and all the rest you could understand its about a lit more serious issue then a hat

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Krakatoa

Crime is so low the d a can spend his time worrying about a stolen hat.
Must be a great place to live

The DA can reject charges if there's insufficient evidence to prosecute and that's about it. "We have other crimes to prosecute and while there's enough evidence to prosecute this one, we just don't want to" is not a valid reason to reject charges.

Your other comment trying to imply there's some nefarious reason for this prosecution when the case is coming from California of all places is, frankly, laughable.

is it not just petty theft?
i will read it all when i get back.

i am not saying dont prosecute theft crimes but it reads like they are putting in work for a swiped hat and some # talking.

i will be back

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yes, it is petty theft. That is correct.

but it reads like they are putting in work for a swiped hat and some # talking.

If by "putting in work" you mean "watched a video" then you would be correct again.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
At its core, it's an issue of right of free expression.

It really is that simple.

The woman clearly stole the hat. It was, equally clearly, an attempt on her part, foolishly as it turns out, at silencing someone with whom she had a disagreement.

Why did she steal the hat?

That's the question that needs answering, and in answering it, correctly, you'll reveal her true intent--it wasn't because it's a cool hat.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yes, it is petty theft. That is correct.

but it reads like they are putting in work for a swiped hat and some # talking.

If by "putting in work" you mean "watched a video" then you would be correct again.

Then I'm all good. I totally read it like it was more than that.
Sucks for him then.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Liberals are always assaulting,verbally or physically,they think it's ok somehow,they are way too entitled,hope the girl meets some of her kind in the gray bar motel

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
Liberals are always assaulting,verbally or physically,they think it's ok somehow,they are way too entitled,hope the girl meets some of her kind in the gray bar motel

No she just had a hat fetish.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join