It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Army Is Selling Some of Its Most Powerful Guns (and You Can Buy One)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
45 is their big gun? What the heck?

That's my smallest gun. My biggest pistol is the most powerful production side arm in the world.
Fiorst time I shot my 500 ( 50 mag) at a range, there was no one around, and I was shaking I was so scared. I told the lady who owned the place to send someone to check on me if I didn't come back within an hour. When I fired it a guy who lived a couple miles from there said he heard it.
I also shot it at night and a giant round fire ball comes out

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

$$$$$$

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
From the CMP Facebook Page

11/22/17 - Latest update on the 1911’s…..
Because of the limited number and the exceedingly high demand for the pistol, and the great level of Congressional scrutiny, the Board of Directors will make a decision regarding how sales will be handled. We have no further information at this time. – Mrs. Judith Legerski, Chairman, CMP Board of Directors

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It is nice to know my guns are more powerful then "some of the most powerful"

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: St Udio

The CMP makes it stupid hard to join a program in your area.

About the only good reason to join the CMP is if you like competitions. Getting a gun from the CMP without being an active member is a impossible.

Yeah... I looked into more than just the contact info. which I dutifully posted.. I doubt even a congressperson could qualify to wangle a pistol out of them & the gun-buyer food-chain system in place...

I am sorta-kinda interested in the marksmanship aspect... maybe training for competition at a sniper style level
and (of course) the 29577 area, NE SC Coast, would not have anything like that to offer

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'd rather spend 700 bucks on a CZ(really any model)than dive back into the 1911 market.

Back then that was the only market. 9mm was still a European "metric" thing, 10 mm didn't yet exist. Not many after market .45s, parts or frames were even available.

A few other alternatives like the Browning Hi Power and Walther PPK aside, you either got a Colt or... a revolver.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I want some of the M1s that they just brought back from Korea.

One of those would be nice.
I wonder how much they are going to start at. Hopefully whatever companies get the shipments don't gouge too much.

On gunbroker.com they are going for between one to four thousand each. It's a semi automatic rifle in 30/06 caliber.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Me, too!!

I've shot Garands on several occasions and I've absolutely fallen in love with it. Kinda gives me a connection with my late father who carried on during WWII, Korea, and for a very short time, in Vietnam's early days.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I love mine, well it's sort of mine... My cousin has it... Not sure when, or if, she'll ever give it back. Meh, she's better than me with it, anyway, and it's an excuse to buy another one.

Possession being 9/10ths of the law...
, odds aren't good.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Aw shucks. Most powerful.

Here I though they were going to sell some old howitzers or MLRS.

Who writes this stuff? Put me down for a couple anyway

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The problen with the 1911 is disassembling and reassembling it for cleaning. What a total pain in the ass. Ill take a glock19 any day for just the ease of maintenance. But the .45 is tons of fun to shoot. Doesnt kick that hard and becazse its relatively heavy i always found aiming and being accurate with it was fairly easy.

The m1. Now thats a beautiful rifle. Me want.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Way to get my hopes up

I was hoping to get an LRAD and some EMP grenades.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
45 is their big gun? What the heck?

That's my smallest gun. My biggest pistol is the most powerful production side arm in the world.
Fiorst time I shot my 500 ( 50 mag) at a range, there was no one around, and I was shaking I was so scared. I told the lady who owned the place to send someone to check on me if I didn't come back within an hour. When I fired it a guy who lived a couple miles from there said he heard it.
I also shot it at night and a giant round fire ball comes out

Is that you in your avatar....hehe

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I own a CMP M1 Garand that was never issued when i got it.
I also have a 1911 that i have turned into a hog hunting gun by putting a longer ported barrel on it and a red dot site.

I bought a sarco 7 inch barrel and took by milling machine and ported it with 7 holes in a 2-3 2 pattern on top.
I sticks out about 1 3/4 inch but has a lot less kick.
Also added a lower recoil firing pin stop.
forums.brianenos.com...

plus using 165 gr loads turns the 1911 into a very fun gun to shoot and very good defense gun.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have to be honest I was expecting a Barrett here people

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

LOL. I went with a Sig P229 .40 because I figured .40 ammo would be plentiful once the SHTF

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join