It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I get a news story approved without being a Reporter?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Earlier in the day, I submitted a story that has yet to be approved and I believe it to be a lot more important than some of the stories being automatically pushed through in bulk by ATSNN reporter.

So, has the new system gone through yet? Can regular members still submit stories? I just don't think our news is up to date and the importance being represented appropriately. I mean, why is a story about a guy saying the same thing he did 1 year ago on the ATS front page. I would usually address this to the editor, but I know there have been some changes recently.

[edit on 12-2-2005 by Jamuhn]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The Dean story? It awaits review by an editor. The reason other stories have been posted in "bulk" after yours by reporters is that they do not want to duplicate your submission since you had already posted it.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I was under the impression ATSNN reporters could put them through too. Well, that's not very real time is it? I hope these changes go through soon enough.

You can delete or lock this thread.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
As you may already know ATSNN is about to go through some major changes. There are some submissions on hold at the moment and waiting for review by an editor for upgrade.

The changes on the way will remove the need for an editor to upgrade your submissions.

The really good news is that per SkepticOverlord's latest post in the "Big Changes" thread the change is very close.. See for yourself here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATS/BTS/PTS and ATSNN getting better everyday!!

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I was under the impression ATSNN reporters could put them through too. Well, that's not very real time is it? I hope these changes go through soon enough.

You can delete or lock this thread.

NO... reporters cannot upgrade submissions.. Only top staff and editors, however that is all going to change very soon.

Big changes coming for ATSNN...

[edit on 12-2-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I keep wondering where to click or how to vote for a news story so that it gets approval points in the new system. I suppose that is not set up yet. The changes sound good.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
gosh darn...I submitted a story thinking the changes were here.
Well, I hope my article finds its way to light soon.

When are the changes due? Any time line available?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Humm...............I hope this does not become to complicate by the simple minded like me.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
gosh darn...I submitted a story thinking the changes were here.
Well, I hope my article finds its way to light soon.

When are the changes due? Any time line available?

The best answer I can give you is that SkepticOverlord is working very hard as we speak.. I just seen a post in ATSNN testing things.. It is very close because the post contained the word "almost"

So very very soon!!

Don't forget to offer your words of thanks to our IT .. Tech guy SkepticOverlord!!

I am like the rest of you.. I can't wait to see the finished product.. reactions from the members and that first story that is voted into publication on ATSNN..

So hang around if you can!!

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You go, S.O.!

You are the greatest

The best

Trew kewl

Just so you know

S.O.

[silly spontaneous poem of appreciation - please don't judge my writing ability on the basis of this submission]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
the silliest thing about this new system is that it may slow down the reporting of news

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:13 PM
link   
That's something I've noticed as well, but I don't think the main purpose of the new system is to speed. It will be as fast as it was before for breaking news, which is sometimes, not fast at all.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well, if I read SO's notice correctly, one of the reasons IS to speed up news submissions.

To continue to have breaking news that is 3 days old would put ATS on par with most local news stations

KUDOS to SO
for continuing to bring changes for a better ATS community!

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
the silliest thing about this new system is that it may slow down the reporting of news

Not at all.. it could speed things up quite a bit... have you read this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You will no longer have to depend on editors for an upgrade.. and anything that is a breaking news event can be upgraded in an instant by top staff.. also you members will have a HOT button to click that will alert top staff to a breaking urgent submission.

Not to worry.. its going to work.. and it is going to involve everyone here.. all of us!!

[edit on 12-2-2005 by UM_Gazz]

top topics

join