It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello. From Forsyth County, NC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm Dan or MD will do since I'm sure that there are probably many Dans here already.
My brother likes to come to this site often and that's how I found out about it. I've browsed around a bit but, that is all. Forums are nothing new to me but, I do occasionally make mistakes and if I do that here feel free to punch me in the mouth.
My interests revolve around science fiction/fantasy, horror, comedy, paranormal and pretty much anything weird or mysterious.
I love to draw and I just recently took a crack at writing fiction and I feel like and hope that I may be good at it but, I know that I'm still wet behind the ears and have a long way to go. Oh! I'm a vintage video game collector as well and have been playing for 38 years so I'm pretty seasoned at that. Anyway, thank you for having me and I'm glad to be here.

EDIT: A flag already? Why? Because I couldn't figure out how to make an introduction thread on a forum that is more complicated to figure out how to use than an average forum? I know that it was wrong to bust in to another new member's thread to point out my problem but, I really didn't know what else to do. As I said before, I had tried to make an introduction thread and couldn't find a "new thread" icon/button to do that so, I asked for help in what looked to be the right area for asking for that kind of help. Someone did try to help but, I was still stumped so, I did the only other thing that I could think of in order to call attention to the problem that I was having.
My brother preaches this site like it's just the best thing ever for accurate news. I would hate to think that he was wrong about that and have to tell him that there is no point in trying to make an account here because of some kind of glitches and persons quick to flag every little mistake that is made by a n00b who is just trying to figure out how to use the forums.
edit on 22-11-2017 by MajinDan because: Pointing out a problem

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MajinDan

Welcome. ✋who's your brother?

Guilt by association lol.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Welcome, MD!

Don't get too crazy in here, things are weird in ATS.

Just kidding.

Actually I'm not.

edit on 22/11/2017 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Welcome MD, just try not to take anyone on here as very serious and speak what you want and be damned. Well, not anything against T&C don't you know.
But this is an utter coincidence as I have never heard of anyone from North Carolina till yesterday. My niece who is a teacher in Dubai at the moment (Well till friday this week, but that's another story) and she's been seeing a man from NC, an aircraft engineer. What a coincidence. By the way I'm from the UK and I usually play the devils advocate and say things people don't like.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Hello neighbor!
Welcome and I hope you enjoy.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Thanks, guys. I know I got off to a rough start but, I really was trying to be understanding and trying to keep my cool. I've just never seen a layout like this before and it was hard to understand and figure out.
I tend to be a fool in the outer world too. I bump into things, step in potholes, trip over my own feet...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
He's just my bro. I got 4 of them. His name is Dave. He doesn't have an account. He doesn't even have an email. He's too lazy to figure out how to use one. Any time he runs in to a problem online, I have to come and fix it. I made an account here because of the many interesting topics and because I *do* like to post on forums unlike my lazy brother who would rather read only and probably try to use my account when he wanted to post something anyway.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
oooo, that's me that is. We could be estranged twins as I can trip over a piece of paper if I don't notice it.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS...

Flags and Stars are good. You can also give flags to threads you like and stars to posts you like.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS MD!
Glad to have you here.
Spent a bit of time in Winston-Salem courting my first wife.
Great town from what I knew of it.
I hope you will find much here to keep your mind and fingers busy.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
welcome to you

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS. Enjoy the site!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Welcome aboard sir. Put on your seatbelts and learn to duck! Catch us around the forums!

Best, MS

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Get stuffed!!

We flag the noobs as a matter of course. It is our way of giving you a bit of love for the future. Heck, you made it this far so don’t complain about the flags!!

Enjoy your stay here on ATS!!

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Great day to join. Happy Thanksgiving and have a great time here!

Don't hesitate to ask the MODS for help!

Enjoy your stay!

posted on Dec, 9 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Just to reiterate for any newcomers: flags are good! It means people want others to read what you posted.

top topics

join