It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Cop on US police force shoots suspect holding knife.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I say justified, but it looks close that the officers are kind of lucky that they didn't shoot each other .
When you see his muzzle flash, not that far off from hitting her if knifey was one or two steps closer it could have been worse.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I thought it was very very sad, and one of the saddest videos I've see.

The officer basically pleaded with the man, Jeremy, all the way to the end.

I think the man committed 'suicide by cop', as he made his charge as the second officer approached.

I see the officer going for his TAZER when back-up was in evidence as the right thing to do as the officer was trying to save the mans life by any means.

I also think shooting Jeremy was the right reaction given the man had begun his charge.

I reckon the officers involved very possibly feel as I do that the waste of a life was both unavoidable and unnecessary. The real killer is who, or what, drove Jeremy to come at the officer with the knife. And we will probably never know.

In the UK I suspect Jeremy would have been TAZERed at the same point, simply because here it would be the ultimate force available in context.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

In the UK I suspect Jeremy would have been TAZERed at the same point, simply because here it would be the ultimate force available in context.

This was in the UK.

And yes, sad turn of events for all. Makes it moreso knowing how the officer pleaded to not kill someone..

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

This was in the UK.

Where in the UK is Colorado? And why are the vehicles not only left-side drive, but on the right side of the road as well?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The cop did it right. He did everything he could to save the guys life. The second jeremy charged the officer had no choice.

There is something called the 21 foot rule. If a person has a knife deployed and your gun is holstered he will close the distance before you can get the gun even deployed.

Im a knife, blade and blunt impact weapon expert. The knife is extremely lethal more so than potentially a gun. The officer had no choice and sadly he now has to see jeremys face every night when he tries to sleep until his brain can process all of what happened. Sad.

Also hes fortunate the female officer took the first shot as it was likely jeremy would have closed the distance and gotten at least one stab in before the cop could have brought his gun or tazer on target. Sad all around. But the officers life was saved by the good training both he and especially the female officer recieved.
edit on 22-11-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
From the video, it looks like the officer gave the guy every chance he possibly could.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Doesn't matter if the cop was from the UK or USSR.

The guy made a threatening lunge at the officer, after repeated warnings, what happened next was predictable.

I think both officers shot 2 rounds each at the same time.

They seemed to know the person, maybe he had a history of violence or mental health.

A very traumatic experience for anyone to go through, even police....Im sure they will be living this moment in their minds for the rest of their lives, thinking, could they have done anything different.

Not an experience you would want to endure.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
that cop would have shot if it was a paper mache fashioned into a butter knife.
in America, there are no alternative. the mighty gun is god.

who knows what this person may have been going through, or maybe a different approach instead of a defensive one would have saved a life.

but this is how these actions are vehemently defended, there's no room for reason.

i wonder what the fatality rate of cops against knives in countries where police don't carry guns... or hiw on Earth can they operate...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Second.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
That was bad a**.

Clean kill.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Walking away? No. Running TOWARDS you? BANG! Your life or someone else's has to be in mortal danger and you have no choice.

MS
Licensed Carrier

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Rightous kill, through and through. Artificial selection, folks, move along.

posted on Nov, 24 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

How is he a "UK Cop"?

Corporal Philip Morris is originally from Bromley, England. Bromley is a district of south east London. He emigrated to the US back in 2006.

CSU Fort Collins bike police officer Morris debunks students worries Morris, who is graduating this semester, originally came to Fort Collins five years ago from Bromley, England.

archives.collegian.com...

Officer Erin Mast, with Fort Collins Police, and Corporal Philip Morris, with CSU Police, were both placed on administrative leave following an incident near the CSU campus Saturday night at 8:13 p.m. Mast has served with FCPS since 2015, and Morris has been with CSU’s police department for five and a half years.

collegian.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
1. When a person is holding a weapon, even a knife, that is called "brandishing a weapon", and that means they have every intention to use it. One doesn't draw a weapon without the intention to use it. That is irrational.

2. The Officer warned the kid 10+ times. The kid did not comply and proved he was mentally unstable, and thus a danger to others. Part of the police's responsibility is to protect others.

3. The kid charged the officer proving he meant imminent bodily harm which is a crime.
edit on 11/26/2017 by bulrush because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: RickyD

I also wonder why if he thought to taser him did he draw his gun...that always bugs me. If you think a teaser is an option then start with that. Don't try to switch arms while the guy is 5 feet from you...

A knife is a lethal threat, so when the officer was alone he met that threat with equal force. You don't go to a Taser for a lethal threat unless you have a cover officer that's ready with lethal force. When the cover officer arrived, circumstances allowed for him to attempt a Taser deployment.

Thank you for that reply. It's good to hear from a real police officer in these types of threads; we civilians think we know how things should work, but let's face it. Most of our supposed "knowledge" comes from TV cop shows and the like, and that's bound to be a terrible yardstick to measure real events against. I'm always grateful when you add your two cents and tell us how it works--or sometimes, how it's supposed to work--in the world of real-life police.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join