It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backstreet Boys’s Nick Carter Accused Of Rape By Former Teen Pop Star Melissa Schuman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

Former teen pop star and Dream singer Melissa Schuman accused Backstreet Boys's Nick Carter of raping her in 2004. Carter and Schuman were both cast members for a 2004 made-for-TV movie The Hollow when 22-year-old Carter invited Schuman, 18 at the time, and her friend to his Santa Monica apartment for a "casual hangout.” “That evening my friend and I arrived to a barely furnished apartment,” she wrote in her personal blog. “No dining room furniture, No living room furniture. Just a TV and a game console which both the guys were playing on.”

They started drinking, and Carter asked her to listen to some of his new music in his office. They started kissing when he put her on the bathroom counter and started to take off her pants. “I told him I didn’t want to go any further,” Schuman wrote. “He didn’t listen.” He took off her pants and performed oral sex on her, she writes. She says she told him to stop, but he didn’t. Then Carter asked her to perform oral sex on him. “I felt scared and trapped,” she wrote. “He was relentless, refusing to take my no’s for an answer.”

And we have another. It seems we have a few a day lately. Keep them coming.
edit on 22-11-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

ETA: Ok does appear consensual.
edit on 22-11-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I hope that people are beginning to see just how sick the culture of pedowood is.

If not they are in for a rude awakening.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
We are starting to cross a very slippery slope here of she said he said. Don't get me wrong, I want these sick bastards to be torched. Jeremy Piven was recently accused of sexual harassment but has vehemently denied it. He even took a lie detector test recently which he passed. So either he is telling the truth or is a really good liar. If anything, 10 years from now I don't want to hear about such things. Hopefully this will encourage those to seek help right away.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
(at a meeting of *all* of the well-known vips in the world)

"Could any male here please go to the side of the room to my left? okay, thanks. No, I only meant people with at least one y-chromosome, THANK YOU! The rest, please take a refreshment in the next room and take a seat there."

"Okay, WHO DID NOT TOUCH ANOTHER PERSON IN HIS WHOLE LIFE?"

"Thought so. The police wants to speak to ALL of you, obviously."

-----
Really, right now it is at the point that there even a simple mentioning means public pillorysation. No questions asked, no witnesses needed.

I really believe that a male person, if in a position with influence over the over person, might take advantage of it. Or not, more often.

But this is a witch-hunt right now. Only emotions, no rationally acting.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I totally believe in women's empowerment but when they allow it to happen in exchange for career opportunities then they become part of the problem.

This Carter story is basically, as told, not an example of abuse. It is as example of sex with a star-it was consensual and a pure embarrassment of jumping on the bandwagon for attention and notoriety.

Time to recognize the differences between abuse and just pure sex.
edit on 22-11-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Haha.. oh man.. this actually made me laugh..

"Ooooo the bad man was performing oral sex on me and I couldn't get away"

How powerful was the guys tongue for #s sake?

Oh and then she performed oral sex on him but wasn't really into it...

Jeez.. ok.. looks like I'll be accusing every woman I've ever been with cos there's plenty of times I've performed oral sex (and other acts) on a woman when i wasn't exactly 100% feeling it either... guess being in a normal, functioning relationship is rape now as well...
edit on 22-11-2017 by Indrasweb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Hopefully, with women feeling more empowered today than ever they will come to realize that they have more control over the situation than what they have allowed themselves.

I came of age in the 1950s, at the birth of Playboy. It was commonly accepted that women were powerless (despite much evidence to the contrary) to the sexual desires of a male. Part of that frame of the female mind at that eera was that a female must resist and say "NO!" even when their body and deeper thoughts wanted just what the man wanted. So if was a game. Today, the game has changed. Women are aware of their power and it is in full display in girls throwing their panties to stage musicians as a token of what they would do for a minute or two with the great. From there the situation has grown that woman these, especially celebs, will show everything they've got at award shows, on internet photo sites or in person with their bodies and dress. Women are in competition with themselves and all other women. They are so insecure these days that they will stop at nothing to make themselves (by fashion trends) more desirable than the next. We men, being mere men, cannot say stop what women, themselves have set in motion.

Now before you blast this particular view, bear in mind that if women (god forbid) dressed head-to-toe as do nuns, Mennonite, Muslim, etc., women there would be far few attempts to force sex upon them. Strangely, in my day rape meant that the woman literally fought to protect her self values and were smart enough to carefully gauge the situation she allowed herself to be put within. And she didn't wait for ten or twenty years to complain.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
... hmm wait she had her teeth on his ... umm every girl I know woulda bit

whatever happen between them is something we will never know ... I have a hard time believing that happen without a gun to her head and he walked away intact

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
No means no. Stop means stop.
WTF?

Oh and don't forget she was 18 and was served alcohol in order to get her to consent?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
shocking these things are rampant in American culture...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
She was 18 and he was 22....hardly paedophilia is it? I would highly doubt anyone could perform oral sex against their will, just close yer legs woman and grab his ears! "She was served alcohol to get her to consent".....well firstly here in UK 18 is the age of consent for alcohol and secondly I doubt for a moment anyone forced the alcohol down her throat. This is getting ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Personally I believe that this whole thing is going to get out of hand and every guy who ever hooked up with a woman that wasn’t there girlfriend or wife is going to get called out on rape charges. Especially those people who are celebrities and have a little change in the bank.

22 and 18...those are ages of responsible consent. If you are unable to judge that your in a position that you don’t want to be in and act a little more seriously to get out of it at the age of 18 there is a problem. And of course to return the favor in a situation that you so desperately wanted out of, come on now...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

As much as I enjoy watching the Hollyweird and politicians hypocrisy being exposed for things that most everyone knew was going on, You have to wonder why now and why all of them are coming out years later?

Its hard to overlook the possibility that perhaps these women and men are not happy with themselves years later after exchanging sex for success?

I'm not saying that is what has occurred, but its certainly feasible. Especially with never reporting the rapes at the time they occurred, and many of the victims continuing to pose and smile with the same people that supposedly victimized them.

Regardless its an issue on both sides.

edit on 421130America/ChicagoWed, 22 Nov 2017 11:42:07 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Hopefully, with women feeling more empowered today than ever they will come to realize that they have more control over the situation than what they have allowed themselves.

I came of age in the 1950s, at the birth of Playboy. It was commonly accepted that women were powerless (despite much evidence to the contrary) to the sexual desires of a male. Part of that frame of the female mind at that eera was that a female must resist and say "NO!" even when their body and deeper thoughts wanted just what the man wanted. So if was a game. Today, the game has changed. Women are aware of their power and it is in full display in girls throwing their panties to stage musicians as a token of what they would do for a minute or two with the great. From there the situation has grown that woman these, especially celebs, will show everything they've got at award shows, on internet photo sites or in person with their bodies and dress. Women are in competition with themselves and all other women. They are so insecure these days that they will stop at nothing to make themselves (by fashion trends) more desirable than the next. We men, being mere men, cannot say stop what women, themselves have set in motion.

Now before you blast this particular view, bear in mind that if women (god forbid) dressed head-to-toe as do nuns, Mennonite, Muslim, etc., women there would be far few attempts to force sex upon them. Strangely, in my day rape meant that the woman literally fought to protect her self values and were smart enough to carefully gauge the situation she allowed herself to be put within. And she didn't wait for ten or twenty years to complain.

I also hope that some Women don't take advantage of the climate and make stuff up either. It's a slippery slope.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Time to get any savings I have put into the sex doll industry, with all this going on who in their right mind would approach let alone do the horizontal mumba jumba with a women???...

RA

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

As long as it doesn't have AI you might be ok

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
We are starting to cross a very slippery slope here of she said he said. Don't get me wrong, I want these sick bastards to be torched. Jeremy Piven was recently accused of sexual harassment but has vehemently denied it. He even took a lie detector test recently which he passed. So either he is telling the truth or is a really good liar. If anything, 10 years from now I don't want to hear about such things. Hopefully this will encourage those to seek help right away.

Only 3% of these harassment cliams are shown to be false. So the ball definitely is in the victim's court. So any allegations have to be taken seriously. It really is a case of the suspect being guilty until proven innocent.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
ugh. lol that is really all i want to say. especially since i am a sex worker and to me i think that this country is the most ass backward when it comes to sex and ideas about sex and women.

sex is a powerful thing. and some women know that. and some women especially know that anytime you mention anything sexual and wrongdoing associated with said sexual activity it is always going to be negative for the guy involved. that is powerful.

fellow women lets use sex to thrive not destroy.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I was just saying the other night we should be getting an onslaught of music industry cases any time now. The music of the entertainment industrial complex is far more exploitative, groupie obsessed, cut throat, etc then the cinema side of the game.

posted on Nov, 23 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite
Really where is the study where they did the calculations,and all the numbers,and what 3%? were false

top topics

join